** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Skittle's Big One.

Skittle

Re: Skittle's Big One. In some ways it's a different kind of betting. It's not really about betting to win money, although that is an automatic side product, it's about having the patience to get to your target. I often describe it as a marathon but it's more than that. Too many people want to win things too quickly and that's where they go wrong.

Re: Skittle's Big One. Bet 41, Australia v West Indies (5th ODI) - Australia Innings Runs...225 @ 1.01 in play. 212-5 with 7 overs left. [TABLE]

[TR=class: MVHeaderBackBoldedHeader] [TD=colspan: 2]Back[/TD] [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]Your Odds[/TD] [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]Your Stake[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BMBackBetBackground] [TD=width: 5] [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 225 Runs or more [/TD] [TD=class: betOddsTD, colspan: 2, align: center]1.01[/TD] [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]£12.66[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BMBackBetBackground] [TD] [/TD] [TD=class: BMBackBetInfoBackground, colspan: 5]Ref: 2570436572 Bet matched: 06:34 10-Feb-13[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Skittle's Big One. Above bet has a while to run. I wanted to get the 1.01 which I thought was good, it then went to 1.02 and after doing the bet went to 1.03. For the purposes of calculation I will consider the bet as a winner. Need to get to 67 just to get onto the bottom of the league table.

Re: Skittle's Big One.

Above bet has a while to run. I wanted to get the 1.01 which I thought was good' date=' it then went to 1.02 and after doing the bet went to 1.03. For the purposes of calculation I will consider the bet as a winner. Need to get to 67 just to get onto the bottom of the league table.[/quote'] How can it be a winner if its not been decided yet? I know we are sh!t and are 99% out of the champions league but its like me going Man utd to win league and counting that as a bet won as that is just as done and dusted as Bayern qualifying.

Re: Skittle's Big One. I can either wait until it's won and then carry on, or not count it as a winner until the job is done. I don't think it makes a lot of difference really. If it goes down then the 'system' fails and the run stops at bet 52. If it wins then there's no change to anything. As long as there's not loads of similar bets piled in creating confusion then it's kept simple. As I said before, it's only being counted as a winner for monetary calculation reasons.

Re: Skittle's Big One.

I can either wait until it's won and then carry on' date=' or not count it as a winner until the job is done. I don't think it makes a lot of difference really. If it goes down then the 'system' fails and the run stops at bet 52. If it wins then there's no change to anything. As long as there's not loads of similar bets piled in creating confusion then it's kept simple. As I said before, it's only being counted as a winner for monetary calculation reasons.[/quote'] Yeah thats fair enough pal, its surely a dead cert anyway.