Jumps Racing - Tuesday 8th January

Leicester 3.45 - Lean Burn 8/1 Bet365 I think this horse must have a very good chance tomorrow if he can pick up where he left off in November. His 3 runs that month all have really solid form and this mark is definitely not beyond him. He ran once on heavy in December and ran very poorly so I am hoping that the 3 quick runs havent left its mark on the horse. Of the rest, Henok is probably going to come good at some point but he just looks a bit of a plodder which isnt helpful over 2miles, Thunderstorm won nicely LTO out but didnt beat much and doesnt stand out as the type to back that up. McCoy even said he didnt want to push the horse too soon 'in case the wheels came off' which wouldnt fill me with confidence at even money! Goat Castle looks capable of winning from this mark but for some reason hasnt done so far. The form is solid, but he might be one of those horses that doesnt want to win.

Re: Jumps Racing - Tuesday 8th January Leicester 100 - Todareistodo 7/2 >Paddy Power BOG Not a strong race this and the selection is one of only a couple who are proven in the conditions and have some recent form. He won well enough at Towcester LTO when showing a game attitude to beat two decent yard sticks. He has a couple of other pieces of form previously which suggest this mark may be slightly lenient as well. The trainer reports that he prefers better ground, which he will get here.

Re: Jumps Racing - Tuesday 8th January 12.30 Lei Samarkand 28/1 BV, 25/1 all others. Bought out of Mark Prescot's yard last autumn, was rated around the 80 mark on the flat, so around 125 over jumps. On his first run over 20 f , he was bang there 3 out and challenging when slipping badley on the ground, If that had not happened he would not be so big a price today. Soft - Heavy ground holds no fears for this horse and he has a bit of class flat speed over this distance to get him involved today. The price is far to big for me not to get involved at 28/1. 1 point each way.