FA Cup > 15th / 16th January

Jase82

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January

Brentford v Southend Tuesday 15th Jan 19.45 Southend came back from 2-0 down to draw the first game 2-2 and the stats show they had more that twice as many shots on target - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20863411 Both clubs are doing well in their divisions. Southend have lost their last few league games, but I think they are too high here at 5.0 Southend 5.0 Bet 365 Stake: 6/10 (confidence I have in the value of the bet)
Result: Brentford 2 Southend 1 Well deserved win for Brentford according BBC Radio Five Live. Southend outgunned on the night Bet lost

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January Arsenal and Swansea are now playing each other for the third time in the last month and should now be very familiar with each other. Both sides base there games around possession so we can expect a possession game. Arsene Wenger has some interesting dilemma upfront he can either play Walcott who will be ineffective against a deep lying defense or Giroud who is better in there air but must get crosses into him - which Arsenal don't do enough of. Swansea I feel will be happy to contain like the matches recently against Chelsea and Everton - i.e. don't change a winning formula. So I feel there is real value here for under 2.5 goals @ 2.37 seeing as both Swansea's matches against Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal at the Emirates all ended under 2.5 goals. Also judging by last night replays tend to be alot tighter affairs. 8pts under 2.5 goals Can't see Arsenal winning this either so might also have a cheeky punter on 0-0 and 1-1 :-)

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January Hope this info helps. BIg Sam has left a lot of !st team players out tonite and I understand they are forced into a 3-5-2 formation which they could well find hard to cope with. 1-3 shot doesnt normally exite me but this seems an edge.Ive taken man on asian hcps .good luck

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January West Ham only have three fit first team defenders available tonight and as the above poster says, they will be changing to an unfamiliar formation. Ferguson has already said Rooney, Chico, Nani and Valencia will be starting, they have a lot of players just coming back from injury so the team will be strong as they have first teamers who haven't played much recently, RVP, Carrick, Evra, Rio and Vidic will be rested I imagine..wait for starting line-ups to see how much Big Sam is rotating but -1EH appeals to me as it stands.

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January I know it has nothing to do with this I do not know where to write, I know that there will be a lot of you read. Man City and Chelsea were in shock, Guardiola next season, the new coach of Bayern. Confirmed today on its website. FC Bayern announces today that head coach Jupp Heynckes has decided to retire when his current contract expires on June 30 2013th In his place, the club has appointed Pep Guardiola as head coach for three years from 1 July 2013th.

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January

West Ham only have three fit first team defenders available tonight and as the above poster says' date=' they will be changing to an unfamiliar formation. Ferguson has already said Rooney, Chico, Nani and Valencia will be starting, they have a lot of players just coming back from injury so the team will be strong as they have first teamers who haven't played much recently, RVP, Carrick, Evra, Rio and Vidic will be rested I imagine..wait for starting line-ups to see how much Big Sam is rotating but -1EH appeals to me as it stands.[/quote'] -1EH is normal handicap or what? Sorry for my stupid question.

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January Arsenal to win on penalties: 20/1 with Skybet Swansea to win on penalties: 20/1 with Skybet Good chance Arsenal will win this but you never know! When evenly matched teams meet up they are both usually priced up at about 12/1. People may well point out that these teams aren't evenly matched (fair enough) however, Swansea have already beaten and drawn with Arsenal at The Emirates I think a modest punt on the above bets isn't too mad. Much stranger things have happened.

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January Looking at the goal markets in the United match there's a tempter for 'locking in' some profit....subject to the usual risks of everything going tits up and the one outcome you don't want happen, happening. Now I know this is the cup but West Ham have scored a total of 5 away goals this season, but over 2.5 goals is only 1.44. You could look at this then and say that, in light of West Ham's inability to score away goals, you might need Utd to score all 3 to win that bet. The odds on Utd to score 3 or more is evens, so there is an option here to go in on Utd to score more than 3 at 2.0 and under 2.5 goals at 2.62 as single bets, looking to 'lock in' 30% return. Now this crumbles in the face of a West Ham victory or a 2-1 Utd win but interested me nonetheless - am I talking any sense here? :unsure Above is all theory though - think I will lump in (4pts) on Utd to score 3 or more at evens (PaddyPower) as West Ham are lacking too many first teamers, especially at the back. Diame still out, Valencia, Hernandez and Rooney start so I think Utd can hammer them.

Just ignore the posta above please. Alcohol tslking rubbish....you would just bet on a utd win really at 30% return
It's fine mate, don't worry about it :ok In hindsight, backing under 3.5 goals may be a better option under these circumstances? :unsure United and West Ham played each other in the league a while ago and it ended 1-0. The odds on under 3.5 goals will plummet as the game goes on giving a decent trade out.

Re: FA Cup > 15th / 16th January Lost a decent amount on Utd last night, they should easily have won by 2 at least, Hernandez missed a sitter and the penalty was awful, his run up was all wrong..does beg the question of why Ferguson still has Rooney as his penalty taker seems to miss loads nowadays.