** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

2013 BDO World Championship

kevshat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Final preview: 4pts T.O'Shea to beat S.Waites 6/4 Bet365 I think Tony O’Shea is an excellent price in this final. For me he’s been the better player of the two. Waites is scoring lovely at the minute but he’s missed a stack of doubles in every match so far even though he hasn’t been under pressure in any of those matches. It may be that with pressure on him he’ll focus more on the doubles but even then I still think O’Shea is playing that well he can win this. O’Shea has been in world finals before. He knows what it is all about and when the final double is hit in this match I think it will be the veteran who is pulling his dart out of the board. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-o-shea-betting-tony-o-shea-can-land-the-elusive-world-title-against-waites

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship As I mentioned when I put my outrights up, I was going to lay part of my stake off if one of my picks reached the final. However, I agree with kevshat that there is value in the price for O'Shea to beat Waites, and so I have topped up and am now on O'Shea at a combined 3.93 on Betfair. I thought I'd post this to add support to what kevshat has said, in case anyone else is thinking of getting involved. Fingers crossed O'Shea does an Adams and finally wins the title. :hope

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship There's only one realistic winner tomorrow and truthfully there's only looked like being one realistic tournament winner all week. Scott Waites is a PDC-level player in a field of BDO players and I think he will be far too consistent for Tony O'Shea over a best-of-13-set length match. I actually expected it to be Wesley Harms in the final and if it wasn't for a bout of illness and perhaps a horrible shout out from the crowd to put him off a key double (the sort of thing which spoils any match and should be reserved for Ted Hankey only) then I think Harms would have been in the final. I hope that if (when?) Waites wins tomorrow then he will finally see sense and make the jump to the PDC which he could have made a couple of years ago. Players like Dave Chisnall and Dean Winstanley are thriving in the PDC and Waites is a better player now than they were when they made the move, so there's no reason why he couldn't thrive as well. Scott Waites to beat Tony O'Shea at a generally available 8/13.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship this ones easy scott waites all the way. as mentioned above think this guy is cut above the rest. yes of course the tony o'shea has a chance he is also a great player and who i respect but this was waites from the start. think waites will convert to pdc as he is that good after this as he made clear he wanted this title first. but still think more pressure on the silver back, never won a major tv final? already got better odds from earlier on in tournament but still think its a generous price so getting stuck in again. scott waites to beat tony o'shea @ 1.53 bet365

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship

There's only one realistic winner tomorrow and truthfully there's only looked like being one realistic tournament winner all week. Scott Waites is a PDC-level player in a field of BDO players and I think he will be far too consistent for Tony O'Shea over a best-of-13-set length match. I actually expected it to be Wesley Harms in the final and if it wasn't for a bout of illness and perhaps a horrible shout out from the crowd to put him off a key double (the sort of thing which spoils any match and should be reserved for Ted Hankey only) then I think Harms would have been in the final. I hope that if (when?) Waites wins tomorrow then he will finally see sense and make the jump to the PDC which he could have made a couple of years ago. Players like Dave Chisnall and Dean Winstanley are thriving in the PDC and Waites is a better player now than they were when they made the move, so there's no reason why he couldn't thrive as well. Scott Waites to beat Tony O'Shea at a generally available 8/13.
There's a couple more in that field that could move to the PDC and hold their own

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Not been faring well with the match bets over the past few days but luckily Anastasia just about won last night meaning I'm up to +24.58 heading into the final with all of the outrights settled. Bit of a shame Harms didn't win and the shout out was annoying but that's darts I guess. Anyway, hoping to end on a high and I'm taking 3 in the final. Over 44.5 Legs- 10/11 Boylesports- (4/10) Tony O'Shea (Most 180's) vs Scott Waites- Evens Ladbrokes- (4/10) O'Shea Over 9.5 180's- 4/5 BetVictor- (3/10) I don't think anyone will begrudge Tony O'Shea a win here given this may well be his final chance to win at Lakeside and I do think he has every chance. What I can't see past is an extremely tight game between two extremely good players though. Scott Waites does deserve to be slight favourite but not as much as the odds suggest. His results continue to flatter him and he really hasn't been pushed whatsoever this week. His scoring is really good at the minute but his finishing would worry me if I were backing him as he's been missing tons of doubles even when not under pressure so it will be interesting to see how he fares when under pressure like I expect him to be tonight. O'Shea will score and finish a whole lot better than anyone Waites has beaten thus far and will have the crowd on his side so Waites is going to have to deal with those factors and the fact that this is his first final. I don't expect that to affect him too much to be honest but he'll still have to cope with it and play his own game. The way the pair are scoring at the minute, I expect a lot of holds and not many breaks of throw meaning we should see quite a few 3-2 sets either way. I expect we will see at least 11 sets at the very worst, although I'm not ruling out 12 or even 13 sets tonight and in that time I think we'll see the desired amount of legs. I really can't pick a winner but whatever happens, it should be close. I do think O'Shea will hit more 180's today though and in that, I think he'll reach double figures. In parts against Harms, his scoring was devastating and he hit a total of 13 whilst he managed 8 in 8 sets against Robbie Green. He is scoring really well at the minute and he knows he will have to continue his scoring form tonight in what promises to be the biggest game of his life. Waites hasn't hit too many maximums this week if you disregard that game against Richie George where he went 180 made. The things is though, O'Shea still outscored Waites on the 180 front in the semis. I know Waites didn't play anywhere near as many sets but it's left to be seen whether Waites can score like he did when put under more pressure in his first final. O'Shea has been here before and knows what it's all about however and I think he'll cover the line and in turn, hit more maximums than Scotty tonight.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Anyone who says Waites is in for an easy night has'nt been watching much darts this week.He has'nt played anyone who has averaged 90 yet,he has been scoring brilliantly but his finishing has been woeful.If he misses doubles against tony he will be punished.Scott is the better player but Tony has been there at this stage before.I would slightly favour Waites but i think 6/4 is great odds for Tony but the bet im going for is over 18.5 180's at 10/11.I think this match will go at least 11 sets so its only just slightly over 1.5 per set which should be reached with ease.