Reading v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 12th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Reading v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

West Brom look too short here. They've had a great season but I still wouldn't make them favourites away to acReading side fighting for their lives. Reading have drawn one, and won once against Swansea and West Ham when the away side were being made favourites. I'd probably advise a LAY of West Brom, and it looks to me like another under 2.5 goals game where Reading are concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Reading v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 12th January I think the Albion are finding their level now. Possibly over achieved so far, but still done well. Look vulnerable here at such a short price. Reading have only won twice at home in the league this season, while Albion have now lost 5 out of the last 8 league games! Looks like a toss up! p

Re: Reading v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 12th January Like the BTTS in this game. WBA have played 10 away games. BTTS has succeeded 7 of 10 games. 2 failures were very tough away games (2-0 Man U and 2-0 to Arsenal), while 1 was a 3-0 against Fulham. Reading have played 10 at home , and this bet would have won 7 times. I have been looking at some stats , comparing starting match odds (home and away) to BTTS results. This season (I know the sample is small. 9 games of 11 ) 82% of EPL games with certain starting home and away match odds are winning this bet. Will go with the stats here 1.67 on bet365 for 5 units.

It's still a LAY of Reading @ 2.7 for me as I think they're too short. Reading should be fighting for their lives, and are in dire need of the points here if they're to avoid relegation. WBA aren't top right. I don't expect them to finish top eight. IMO that makes them too short as they have more reason to relax a little after their start to the season. Away from home they only have the win over Rangers in their last five. Reading have been playing pretty well of late IMO, and I fancy them to nick at least a point here. M

Re: Reading v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 12th January Reading DNB 2.10 at Ladbrokes ( 2 /10 units) I can’t see much value around this weekend but there does seem a little bit on Reading, so I’ll take them with full draw protection. Reading’s home form has not been that bad this season, and they’ve lost just the three times to Arsenal, Man Utd and Spurs, and for the most part they’ve shown enough desire in their home games to trouble teams and pick up points. Indeed confidence should be higher now give that they’ve picked up 4 points in the last two games at the Madjeski and kept clean sheets in both of these as well. Reading will know that these are the types of games that they need to win if they stand any chance of staying up and based on what I’ve seen of them in these last two home fixtures they players are responding to this challenge. West Brom are a solid outfit, but will suffer without Yacob and Mulumbu in that centre mid position. With those two available they could have got a strong grip on this game, but in their absence they do look a little bit lightweight in the middle of the park and Reading now have a good chance to dominate play, get the upper hand and for me are the team that’s going to be threatening much more. :hope

It's still a LAY of Reading @ 2.7 for me as I think they're too short. Reading should be fighting for their lives' date=' and are in dire need of the points here if they're to avoid relegation. WBA aren't top right. I don't expect them to finish top eight. IMO that makes them too short as they have more reason to relax a little after their start to the season. Away from home they only have the win over Rangers in their last five. Reading have been playing pretty well of late IMO, and I fancy them to nick at least a point here.[/quote'] Fantastic comeback from Reading here :clap Good call on both to score Neil :ok

Re: Reading v West Bromwich Albion > Sat 12th January

Fantastic comeback from Reading here :clap Good call on both to score Neil :ok
Thanks. Just a pinprick of light on a dark night. For me the last few weeks of soccer betting have been brutal. Everything is completely unpredictable... The Christmas / New Year period is like it's own mini season. I think that stats for Jan / Feb / March should be looked at in isolation. This is where the big teams (Man U/ City/ Arsenal/ Chelsea/ Spurs/ Everton) do their best work. Opponents are injured , tired, worn out, irreplaceable ! Big deep squads flourish in these times. The smaller teams run into problems now , for the next 3 months.