Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Swansea City v Aston Villa (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]96.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January I had to take Swansea @ 1.66 after watching Villa today. I had a bet on Wigan, and they were overpriced at 3.3 for sure. Villa were awful, and you must be awful if you lose by 3 goals to Wigan at home. Defensively, they are all over the place, they lack creativity in midfield, and lack up front aswell, very reliant on Benteke. Swansea are a really organised unit, that can score goals. They had a great win at Fulham today, and will see this as an excellent opportunity to get another win on the board, as they could not play Villa at a better time. Danny Graham came in for Michu today and was excellent and they drew with Man United at home not so long ago. Villa have conceded 15 goals in their last 3 games, Swansea are good defensively of late, and i find it hard to see Villa getting a result there. In this fixture last year, it finished 0-0, but Villa are far worse now than they were last year. *Swansea WIN @ 1.66 Betfair*

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January

I had to take Swansea @ 1.66 after watching Villa today. I had a bet on Wigan, and they were overpriced at 3.3 for sure. Villa were awful, and you must be awful if you lose by 3 goals to Wigan at home. Defensively, they are all over the place, they lack creativity in midfield, and lack up front aswell, very reliant on Benteke. Swansea are a really organised unit, that can score goals. They had a great win at Fulham today, and will see this as an excellent opportunity to get another win on the board, as they could not play Villa at a better time. Danny Graham came in for Michu today and was excellent and they drew with Man United at home not so long ago. Villa have conceded 15 goals in their last 3 games, Swansea are good defensively of late, and i find it hard to see Villa getting a result there. In this fixture last year, it finished 0-0, but Villa are far worse now than they were last year. *Swansea WIN @ 1.66 Betfair*
If Michu is back, what Swansea is considering, it might be of more value to take a hc. I mean how on earth can Villa stop this trend? I think they will get more shaky and shaky. Some managers say in these situations it is good to play fast again. I think for Villa they lost some big time confidence. They should have hit back today to regain some compusure. All that might help them now is a all or nothing attitude until some key players are back. Atm they look like the dear in the lights. Swansea look rock solid. They have a clear game plan and will exucete this plan vs. anyone. I might wait until its clear that Michu will play and I guess whne this is a given soem villa defenders will have a bad sleep..

I have to agree with the initial assessment but I see nothing in the price tbh. 1.8 would probably be fair, but this is probably one of those games where the home sides seems undervalued, yet wins fairly comfortably. So I think I may skip it in favour of something else. Maybe goals.... The absence of Ron Vlaar is clearly hampering Villa's young squad.

I have to agree with the initial assessment but I see nothing in the price tbh. 1.8 would probably be fair' date=' but this is probably one of those games where the home sides seems undervalued, yet wins fairly comfortably. So I think I may skip it in favour of something else. Maybe goals.... The absence of Ron Vlaar is clearly hampering Villa's young squad.[/quote'] Swansea should be 1.5 in my opinion. Villa are hopeless at the moment, and Man United couldn't beat Swansea away. Villa are playing like a bottom half championship side at the moment, conceded 15 goals in 3 games, scoring 0. I think 1.8 for Swansea would be asking for a bit much, I know someone got £3 on at 2.0, and fair play to whoever got that price.

Swansea should be 1.5 in my opinion. Villa are hopeless at the moment' date=' and Man United couldn't beat Swansea away. Villa are playing like a bottom half championship side at the moment, conceded 15 goals in 3 games, scoring 0. I think 1.8 for Swansea would be asking for a bit much, I know someone got £3 on at 2.0, and fair play to whoever got that price.[/quote'] he has his beer paid already. still this bet is worth half without michu.

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January I cant see Villa taking much from the Liberty, Man UTD couldnt, and its always been a very tough place for traveling teams. I dont think its the greatest fixture for Villa to come right, especially when they have had two home games to put things right in quick succession. I will be backing Swansea.

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January Aston Villa - WIN Villa lost last few games and conceded 15 goals. I am sure they will turn it around for their Manager (Lambert), and play their hearts out. They shocked Liverpool, and will turn their recent bad form around. If he plays...Michu-Villa Wincast on Betfair on the day

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January the only thing i can add to this thread is i feel swansea could be victims of complacency as everyone is writing aston villa off right now but i think they will score and it will be much tighter game for home side. if anyone can get aston villa going its bentake who is great talent up front for villa. if they can get good balls for him he will take them and i would not be surprised to see this game finish 3-2

Aston Villa - WIN Villa lost last few games and conceded 15 goals. I am sure they will turn it around for their Manager (Lambert), and play their hearts out. They shocked Liverpool, and will turn their recent bad form around. If he plays...Michu-Villa Wincast on Betfair on the day
mmm.... 3am post, good night was it? :)

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January I agree with some of the sentiments on here regarding Swansea, they look a shoo in and will will be keen to avenge the defeat they suffered earlier in the season. That said, the price is shortening all the time and it does now look a bit tight. Therefore, how about the overs? The home team average 3.2 goals in their home games while Villa average 3.1 in their aways. In 5 home games against teams lower than them in the league, all have gone over. Before the win at Liverpool, Villa had gone 4 games without an overs but only one of those games was away and that was against QPR who had 12 shots on target that day. We all know whats happened since then and Swansea showed on Saturday they can score goals without Michu. Managed to get 1.91 on the overs at betfair and am happy with that cosidering the stats.

I agree with some of the sentiments on here regarding Swansea, they look a shoo in and will will be keen to avenge the defeat they suffered earlier in the season. That said, the price is shortening all the time and it does now look a bit tight. Therefore, how about the overs? The home team average 3.2 goals in their home games while Villa average 3.1 in their aways. In 5 home games against teams lower than them in the league, all have gone over. Before the win at Liverpool, Villa had gone 4 games without an overs but only one of those games was away and that was against QPR who had 12 shots on target that day. We all know whats happened since then and Swansea showed on Saturday they can score goals without Michu. Managed to get 1.91 on the overs at betfair and am happy with that cosidering the stats.
They can score without Michu but without him chances are lower. He can score out of nowhere to break a deadlock. Swansea themselves are rather tight at the back and look very organized lately. Villas first goal is probably to be stable at the back again. If they are able to do that is not so clear. Probably not as these players hadnt much time to adjust.

Swansea should be 1.5 in my opinion. Villa are hopeless at the moment' date=' and Man United couldn't beat Swansea away. Villa are playing like a bottom half championship side at the moment, conceded 15 goals in 3 games, scoring 0. I think 1.8 for Swansea would be asking for a bit much, I know someone got £3 on at 2.0, and fair play to whoever got that price.[/quote'] 100% agree. Swans are a force at home, defensively especially, and Villa is not in a good place right now. Michu is a big concern if one is to consider handicaps IMO, but my thoughts are that Swans should win this one. Would be nice though if price on Swans could go up a little.

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January I think although the terrible amount of goals being conceded by Aston Villa forgetting about the quality of sides it has gone in a downwards trend from 8 to 4 to 3. Now I'm not suggesting that Aston Villa will win this or god forbid even score a goal but i don't think that Villa will be beaten as much as we think they will. But still get beaten. Swansea -0.75 @1.80

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January A word of caution regarding Swansea. Apart from there being no value in the home win, Swansea are far from being a force at home (3 wins in 10 games). Adding to that, they seem to struggle in matches that they are favourites to win (2-2 against Reading and 3-4 against Norwich). Plus, as others point out, if Michu unavailable they're less likely to score a lot of goals. All things considered it's a no bet for me.

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January Problem with Villa is the fact that they have too little experience running through the team. There isn't really a character in that entire starting line-up that has the experience and character to respond to such demoralising form - which would be a big big factor for me. They have the worst defense in the league and I can't see where this run comes to an end. They are putting out squads with a younger average age than has been seen before and it just isn't feasible. Swansea should be even shorter for me.

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January on head to head stats alone Villa should win this one .... they took all three points in their last encounter winning two nil, and in their previous twenty matches have won seventy five percent. This is however shaping up to be the Swans’ fifth victory over the Villains; a draw is unlikely, there has only ever been the one between them.... Michu is facing a late fitness test and could feature after sitting out the victory against Fulham..... Villa may sneak a goal, but the smart money is on Swansea to win being in form. because a draw is unlikely,

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January Injuries and suspensions Swansea City v Aston Villa Swansea City: Michu (19/13 m, top scorer), Rangel (17/1 d) (both doubtful), Situ (0/0 d), Taylor (3/0 d) Aston Villa: Baker (9/0 d), Bent (10/2 f), Agbonlahor (13/1 f), N'Zogbia (8/0 m), Gardner (1/0 m), Dunne (0/0 d), Vlaar (13/0 d), Petrov (0/0 m)

Re: Swansea City v Aston Villa > Tue 1st January Under 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Swansea has a good win at Fulham on the weekend but prior to that, they had scored just one goal and conceded twice in their previosu 3 games as each of them went under. Though they are favoured to beat a Villa side that has allowed 15 goals in losing their last 3 games, this may be closer than expected as Villa have been villified in the press and this is a good motivator to get them back on track. Believe they will put in a more competitive performance and would not be surprised that they pick up a point here, as they did last year in the corressponding game, All 3 games between the sides have gone under, and foresee another type of low scoring game here

i think it will be a draw because aston villa wont want too lose but swansee will score so a score draw for me' date=' might go in ovurs.[/quote'] I also think Aston Villa will not want to loose Neither will Swansea but it is an imperative and I think most of the teams do not want to loose when they take the field

It's an incredibly young side out for Villa today. It's their youngest ever starting XI in the Premier League: an average of 23 years and 119 days.
Can't win anything with kids, right :unsure Unlucky today mate... Lots of sides played put in really abject performances today :(

Can't win anything with kids, right :unsure Unlucky today mate... Lots of sides played put in really abject performances today :(
Funny game mate, could have been 3-0 or 4-0 at half time only for some near misses and the woodwork. You have to take your chances.