** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December Think this one is going to be a draw. Tottenham will not have the spaces they had with Villa, while Sunderland will mainly look to not lose this one. Would be a fantastic series for them. Despite having some great results recently, Sunderland looked to me they prepared every time for not lose the match and a draw would have been enough in every of these games. I think this strategy "will work" this time. The wins were like some big bonuses!

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December

Think this one is going to be a draw. Tottenham will not have the spaces they had with Villa, while Sunderland will mainly look to not lose this one. Would be a fantastic series for them. Despite having some great results recently, Sunderland looked to me they prepared every time for not lose the match and a draw would have been enough in every of these games. I think this strategy "will work" this time. The wins were like some big bonuses!
I disagree, Spurs hve to many locksmiths to pick there way thru such a thin defence, IMO they will not stop them scoring two min..and Sunderland scoring two is just not going to happen, 1 at the very best. Selctions later GL

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December Another hard one to call. As already mentioned, a couple of decent results for Sunderland recently but Southampton are no great shakes on the road and looking at the stats, Man City had more shots on target than any other away team so far this season. Spurs are in decent form with just one defeat in 7 and are sure to be brimming with confidence after Villa rolled over for them on Boxing Day. 5 of Sunderland's 7 defeats have been against teams in the top 6 and you could argue that it was as much City's bad finishing and Harte's butter fingers that led to them avoiding defeat against a top 6 side for the first time this season. I like Spurs and they have won 4 of their 5 away games against teams in the bottom half of the division, 3 of those by more than 1 goal. I'm leaning towards the away team at a fairly attractive price.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December all of Tottenham's away games this season have been Over 2.5, They have also scored in every away game averaging 2.22 goals. Sunderland average 1.05 goals this season whilst conceding an average of 1.26 per game. I cannot see them stopping spurs from scoring and Sunderland will not be able to match the amount of goals Spurs will score. I'm going with a away win at 11/10.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December Welcome Seiza. At home, Sunderland's averages are 1.11 scored and 1.11 conceded, so it really is a battle of Tottenham's attack against the their defence. Sunderland do have 3 clean sheets in their last 4 homes but I agree, I think the away team will score, and anymore than 1 should win it.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December This has to be without a doubt the most exciting game taking place on Saturday. Both teams come into this game in great form, with Sunderland coming of a two-game winning streak that includes an emphatic 1-0 win against the Premier League champions Man City on Boxing day. This should certainly be a high tempo game and both teams should be looking to come away with nothing short of a victory, and with that mindset, it usually means we're likely to be seeing goals. Earlier in the season Sunderland were struggling upfront, but with the likes of Fletcher, Sessengnon and Johnson looking more and more dangerous, I see them causing the Tottenham defence all sorts of trouble. That being said, Tottenham have a number of threats with both Defeo and Adeboyor upfront, and let's not forget about Bale who not only looked dangerous from the outset against Villa, but also scored himself a hatrick on Boxing Day against Aston Villa. Now I certainly don't see Sunderland letting Bale get away as easy as he did against Villa but let's not underestimate the danger he can cause any defense. For me, he is the one player that can make the difference in a game. Anyway, that being said, looking at the facts has helped to confirm my opinion. All nine of Tottenhams away games this season have seen over 2.5 goals scored as have three of Sunderlands last five at home. Now, for me, that's certainly to be betting on Over 2.5 in this game. So my bet is the following: Sunderland vs Tottenham - Over 2.5 goals @ 21/20 w/ Coral

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December

I like Spurs and they have won 4 of their 5 away games against teams in the bottom half of the division, 3 of those by more than 1 goal. I'm leaning towards the away team at a fairly attractive price.
Im 100% with you on this. Spurs should be odds-on I would take anything above 1.9

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December fast tempo. both teams out for the win? With both teams having strength upfront they will search for a win and to score. This is agame that suits bale. you cant contain him as he is all over the pitch. henis very confident to take shots and he often is on target. he will be hungry to score more. with his technique and verve to go forward and beat defenders all over the pitch he is on his way to aregular acorer. while you get 3.0 odds on him you have to take em. why not bet on the obvious? I mean ots obbious messi scores when in form but you get odds below barca win odds. 10/10 bale to score @ 3,0

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December Goal Line: Under 2.5 @ 1.825 Bet365 (3Points) Spurs have kept 4 clean sheets out of their last 5 games and they are now so much tighter than they were under Redknapp. Sunderland are traditionally a low scoring side and I think O'Neil will be setting up here for another tight game. They beat Man City 1-0 on the weekend and everything again here points towards another la close game for me. In the middle of a busy schedule I don't see there being a thriller in the early kick off. Spurs are a bit short against a side who just beat Man City but I don't fancy backing against them and instead prefer to back this one being a low scoring affair.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December 3pts Draw 5/2 Betfred 1pt No Goalscorer 11/1 Skybet I think this will be a pretty tight game. I don’t expect Sunderland to defend as woefully as what Villa did against Spurs on Boxing Day and unlike Villa I think Sunderland will offer a genuine goal threat going the other way. Both sides are going well defensively at the minute and space in the middle of the park might not be too easy to find so a tight draw could be the way to go here with a small punt on no goalscorer. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunderland-vs-tottenham-betting-tight-game-is-in-store-in-the-early-kick-off-at-the-stadium-of-light

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December There could be very few goals in this one with organised defences on show here. I know Spurs have lots of attacking talent but Sunderland are grinders and will be confident after their win against CIty. I accept they may have run their luck a bit but Mignolet wason top form. With a low-scoring match very possible I'll risk a unit on the following: MOTM Any Goalkeeper: 16/1 with Betvictor. Be warned, however, after picking quite a few big-priced winners I've had a terrible past week and a half punting-wise.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December Two very consistent statistics for Tottenham on their travels this season. The one is over 2.5 goals. 9 of 9 with two clean sheets (where they scored 3 and 4) . But.........will the real SPURS stand up and be counted. Week in week out they lack consistency. Anything can happen with this team, or so it seems. Another stat which draws the attention is 1st half and 2nd half goals. In 9 away games spurs 1st halves have produced 10 1st half goals and 25 second half goals. They have had more 2nd half goals 7 times in 9 games, no draws (78% of the time). More amazingly Tottenham have kept 8 clean sheets in 9 away 1st half games this season. They have conceded 3 1st half away goals, all against Arsenal when reduced to 10 men (Adebayor sent off). Freaky stat, no goals conceded away from home in 1st half in 9 games with 11 men on the pitch ? You get 21/20 for more 2nd half goals

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December I agree the fact of the matter is that spurs have an abundance of skill and pace and totally dominated villa. Some people have pointed out that it was 0-0 at h/t, yes but spurs had 15 first half corners to villa's 1; I can see spurs scoring two min.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 29th December Tottenham @ 2.11pinnacle Tottenham -1.5 @ 3.90 pinnacle Sunderland have two successive 1-0 wins over Southampton and Man City, as well as clean sheets in 3 of their last 4 home games, and besides beating Man City 1-0 they also beat Readfing 3-0 and drawing 0-0 with QPR. Amongst these games, they lost 3-1 at home to Chelsea and 4-2 to West Brom, so they have had some problems playing against the better teams, and with Spurs coming to town, on the back of clean sheets in 4 of their last 5 games, then they will be hard to score against. Two of these games were on the road, where they beat Villa 4-0 and Fulham 3-0, two sides who are comparable to Sunderland. With Bale in very good form once again, and Defoe also chipping in with goals, hard to see Sunderland holding them out, especially with error prone defenders like O'Shea 54-110 (-30.64)