** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 8 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bradford City v Aston Villa (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 9 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Swansea City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Under 2.5 @ 2.3 (Stan James) 3/10 This price is out of line with the other bookies and I can't see it lasting very long. 6 out of the last 10 semi final first legs have gone under, it makes sense here because Bradford won't want to open up too much and be out of the game by the second leg- whilst Villa are nervy at the moment and I think would be happy with a draw away from home. There is going to be a lot of pressure on Villa here and I wouldn't like to be backing them, I think it could be a draw or narrow home win, but the price on Bradford has nosedived so I'm not happy backing them either. Bradford's game plan will surely be to keep it tight and try and nick it 1-0. They were solid defensively in the game against Arsenal and in the previous round against Wigan too, also 57% of their league games have gone under. A majority of Villa's league games have gone under this season as well despite a lot of goals recently. I think this is good value and the price should be around evens.

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January I cant bring any League form of Aston Villa to the table here, winning 3-0 at home against Tranmere, beating Mancity, Swindon and Norwich on the road and scoring plenty in total. Seeing lightning striking twice here against another Prem club is stretching the dream a little far. Villa will have their strongest side available here, and i see them doing this comfortably. At 4/5 they are a stand out bet. 5 points win.

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Tuesday preview: 4pts Bradford (+0.75AH) to beat A.Villa 1.85 Bet365 This won’t be an easy night for Aston Villa. Bradford will be bang up for it in front of a full house and are going to be challenging for every ball and giving it their all for 90 minutes. If I was Paul Lambert looking at this tie I would happily settle for getting it back to Villa Park all square and I’m sure he’ll set his side up with that in mind. Bradford showed against Arsenal that they can beat the best the country can offer and although they rode their luck a bit in extra time that night they were good value throughout the normal game and I expect them to keep this first leg competitive. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bradford-vs-aston-villa-betting-bradford-can-ensure-they-go-to-villa-park-still-in-touch-in-the-tie

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January I'm not going to predict which way this goes in terms of result on the night or over the 2 legs because it depends what sort of side turns up for both teams. Losing 2-0 to possible relegation candidates is hardly the ideal preparation for us. Looking through the first goalscorer odds though there are 2 that stand out as possibly offering value for us and they are Kyel Reid at 20-1 and Rory McArdle at 50-1, both with Betfred. Kyel Reid is class on his A game and could trouble Villa if he starts, he isn't scared of running at defences, has two quick feet and can shoot from angles and distance. 20-1 is too high, he's usually nearer 12-1 and just because it's Villa doesn't make him less likely to score, he's been 12-1 and started on the bench. McArdle is good from set pieces and if we play it tight then that could be our best chance of scoring. McArdle waits on the edge of the box at corners and then makes a run usually to the centre of the 18 yard box and he got his head on a few at Morecambe away and wasn't far off. He should possibly be 25-1 to 33-1 so maybe 50-1 offer slight value. Not a game to go mad on, league form is out of the window and on paer it should be a comfortable Villa win. Suggestions: 0.5pt - Kyel Reid 1st goal 20-1 Betfred 0.5pt - Rory McArdle 1st goal 50-1 Betfred

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January I have to call this as being over 2.5. Since a 0-0 with stoke on 11th December villa have played 7 games and these have produced 31 goals, an average of 4.42. In this cup competition they've produced 19 goals in 4 games. I understand the argument that the semis are over two legs but that assumes villa are a team disciplined and able to close games down whereas the statistics suggest otherwise. Bradford average 2.6 goals a game, nothing amazing but enough, and I think this game is about villa and their appalling defending. Over 2.5: 5pts @1.87 Betfair

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Aston Villa @ 1.85 pinnacle Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 3.10 sportsbet Bradford drew 1-1 with Arsenal in the previous round at home in this cup competition but much of their defeat had to do with Arsenal underestimating Bradford, and they did not put away the chances they had. Villa are a side that can knock the ball around but also have a bit more steel in their play and will not be as daunted as some of Arsenal's players may have been playing up north in that game. Opportunity for both sides to gain an edge heading into the second leg, but like Villa, who come into this game with a heartening draw at Swansea and then a FA Cup win at home against Ipswich. They won 4-1 at Norwich, 3-2 at Swindon and won 4-2 in extra time at Man City in their last 3 games in the League Cup which were all played on the road. As for Bradford, they have not scored in their last 2 games, while they have just one point from their last 3 games in League 2, as their defence has allowed 6 goals in these 3 games. Villa to win here 63-130 (-37.44)

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January

Aston Villa @ 1.85 pinnacle Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 3.10 sportsbet Bradford drew 1-1 with Arsenal in the previous round at home in this cup competition but much of their defeat had to do with Arsenal underestimating Bradford, and they did not put away the chances they had. Villa are a side that can knock the ball around but also have a bit more steel in their play and will not be as daunted as some of Arsenal's players may have been playing up north in that game. Opportunity for both sides to gain an edge heading into the second leg, but like Villa, who come into this game with a heartening draw at Swansea and then a FA Cup win at home against Ipswich. They won 4-1 at Norwich, 3-2 at Swindon and won 4-2 in extra time at Man City in their last 3 games in the League Cup which were all played on the road. As for Bradford, they have not scored in their last 2 games, while they have just one point from their last 3 games in League 2, as their defence has allowed 6 goals in these 3 games. Villa to win here 63-130 (-37.44)
Hey mate, not sure if you are limited on the bookies you can use, but I make the above bets effectively 2.42 on a -1AH. The same bet with Bet365 is currently 2.675.

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Aston Villa @ 1.95 Bet365 (5 Points) I just can't be having Villa at approaching evens here. I know what a massive night this is For Bradford. I know every one of their players will be busting a gut tonight. I know their fans will be right at it. But this a premier league team away at league 2 at evens. It's not like it's an early round where they are going to be complacent. I don't think Villa have got too many big time Charlie's, with lots of players coming from the lower leagues and they will also be bang at it tonight. I know there are 2 legs which could affect their attitude but ultimately a cup final will be just as big for many of the Villa players as it will be for Bradford. It will also be a real feather in the cap for Lambert and could see their season turn from potential disaster to a memorable one. The price is just too big on Villa in my opinion and it has to be taken.

Aston Villa @ 1.95 Bet365 (5 Points) I just can't be having Villa at approaching evens here. I know what a massive night this is For Bradford. I know every one of their players will be busting a gut tonight. I know their fans will be right at it. But this a premier league team away at league 2 at evens. It's not like it's an early round where they are going to be complacent. I don't think Villa have got too many big time Charlie's, with lots of players coming from the lower leagues and they will also be bang at it tonight. I know there are 2 legs which could affect their attitude but ultimately a cup final will be just as big for many of the Villa players as it will be for Bradford. It will also be a real feather in the cap for Lambert and could see their season turn from potential disaster to a memorable one. The price is just too big on Villa in my opinion and it has to be taken.
It is interesting that Everton went off at 1.24 against a L2 team last night. Of course Villa are not at the level of Everton, and it is a first leg, but I agree that Villa price is too big. I will wait for team news. But if Villa were to score first, then Bradford could be exposed on the break, and so Villa goals in play could be a play.

I have no idea how to call this game. I can understand that evens for a Premier League team away to a League Two team might seem like value, but I think what we have here is very much a work in progress sort of Villa side. So I'm not sure evens is that great a price as this is a cup game, and Bradford will be extra motivated. I do think team news is largely irrelevant here as whomever Villa put out should have enough to get something here. As its a two legged affair I'd be weary of lumping on Villa as Bradford will know they need to get something here. It is odd though that Bradford have had to go the distance with four out of the five sides they've faced in this cup. That option won't be available here. I think with a gun to my head I'd probably have to side with both to score. Maybe 1-1, or a 2-2 score draw.

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Surely Villa must go with a strong line up here, With a chance of a trip to Wembley up for grabs it would defo bring the Villa fans back on Lamberts side. Bradford Know they need to get a decent result at home to give them any chance in second leg so expect them to have a go at Villa. BTTS is my choice here currently 1.77 betfair, but i will wait in play for closer to evens after a tight first 20 mins :hope

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Wednesday preview: 4pts Chelsea vs Swansea - Both teams to score 5/6 Ladbrokes Swansea have shown no fear against the big guns all season and I don’t expect that to start now although with this being a two legged tie they could look to hit Chelsea on the break more than go all out to get at them. Chelsea should dominate possession and play and score themselves but I fancy Swansea to net a goal too against a Chelsea defence which still isn’t completely watertight even though it is much improved. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-swansea-betting-both-teams-can-score-in-the-first-leg-of-the-second-semi-final

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Not entirely sure how Villa are going to approach this game but I don't think they will be all out to win it tonight. They have a must win game at home on Saturday against Southampton so that could be in the back of their minds. Whereas with the 2nd tie, they have a full week to recover before they have another big game at home to Newcastle. I fancy it could be a pretty cagey affair tonight and I think I am just favouring the under 2.5 goals. Yes Villa had a confidence boosting win against Ipswich but I doubt they are fully over that 3 game hammering they took. Bradford on the other hand were lucky to win against Arsenal and although I don't expect them to go through to the final, they could sneak this 1-0 or something like that. Arsenal had 28 shots on goal and I am sure if they had someone other than the forehead playing, then they probably would have made it to this point. Don't see it being the best of games tonight and I am happy to back the unders. 4pts Under 2.5 goals EVENS with Hills

I'm not going to predict which way this goes in terms of result on the night or over the 2 legs because it depends what sort of side turns up for both teams. Losing 2-0 to possible relegation candidates is hardly the ideal preparation for us. Looking through the first goalscorer odds though there are 2 that stand out as possibly offering value for us and they are Kyel Reid at 20-1 and Rory McArdle at 50-1' date=' both with Betfred. Kyel Reid is class on his A game and could trouble Villa if he starts, he isn't scared of running at defences, has two quick feet and can shoot from angles and distance. 20-1 is too high, he's usually nearer 12-1 and just because it's Villa doesn't make him less likely to score, he's been 12-1 and started on the bench. McArdle is good from set pieces and if we play it tight then that could be our best chance of scoring. McArdle waits on the edge of the box at corners and then makes a run usually to the centre of the 18 yard box and he got his head on a few at Morecambe away and wasn't far off. He should possibly be 25-1 to 33-1 so maybe 50-1 offer slight value. Not a game to go mad on, league form is out of the window and on paer it should be a comfortable Villa win. Suggestions: 0.5pt - Kyel Reid 1st goal 20-1 Betfred 0.5pt - Rory McArdle 1st goal 50-1 Betfred
I put my remaining Betfred balance on McArdle anytime at 18/1. Cheers. :D
I know he didn't score the 1st goal but I knew he'd be dangerous from corners and 50-1 was way overpriced. Kyel Reid was on the bench anyway and didn't play a part, which was a shame. Glad you got a few quid on at anytime Starkmeister. Can't believe we won 3-1, could have had 5, one hit the bar, one cleared off the line. Awesome night for us, love it.

Re: Capital One Cup > 8th January - 9th January Chelsea vs Swansea = over (1.60) stake 6/10 Chelsea position 4° points 38 Swansea position 9 ° points 29 Preview: Chelsea: Injured: Petr Cech (goalkeeper 19/0), Yossi Benayoun (midfielder 0/0), John Terry (defender 7/1), Oriol Romeu (midfielder 6/0); absent due to international commitments: John Obi Mikel (midfielder 15/0), Victor Moses (midfielder 13/1). Swansea: injured: Neil Taylor (defender 3/0); go back: Gerhard Tremmel (goalkeeper 10/0)​​, Angel Rangel (defender 18/1). Chelsea has a score in-house w5-d3-l2 goals scored 22 goals against 8 while Swansea has a score out of the house w4-d2-l4 goals scored 12 goals against 9. The home team is a great victory in the Cup away with a score of 5-1 against Southampton in the last ten games has recorded seven overs. The visiting team comes from a good draw in the cup walls between friends with the score 2-2 against Arsenal in the last ten games has recorded five overs. The Chelsea after the disappointment so far remedied in the league and in the Champions League will try to win the first leg of the semifinals of the Capital One Cup Both teams have very important reasons, Chelsea to remedy a championship quietly and Swansea try to hit for the first time in its history a prestigious final, then we will see a game with a lot of actions to goals. Quote of the sign over down on many books. The last H2H: sab 03/11/12 PRL Swansea City 1 - 1 Chelsea mar 31/01/12 PRL Swansea City 1 - 1 Chelsea sab 24/09/11 PRL Chelsea 4 - 1 Swansea City :hope

Aston Villa @ 1.85 :( Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 3.10 :(
Chelsea - Swansea over 3.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Chelsea - Swansea over 4.5 @ 4.00 sportsbet Chelsea - Swansea over 5.5 @ 6.75 centrebet After Bradfors's win over Aston Villa, plenty of encouragement for Swansea to take it to Chelsea here, and they have done so in the past, drawing their last two games with them. Also they beat Liverpool 3-1 on the road in the previous round, so going to Stanford Bridge will hold no fear. However they did lose 4-1 there last season in the EPL, so they have been well beaten at Chelsea in the past. Chelsea have beaten Southampton in the last round of the FA Cup and also beat Leeds 5-1 in the previous round of the League Cup, so not only have they played a pretty strong side in these games, but they also like to run up a score. They will create chances against Swansea, and expect them to score, especially as Swansea have allowed 5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions. A game that could have some goals in it, as neither side is one that will sit back and wait for the other to come to them 63-132 (-39.44)

Chelsea - Swansea over 3.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Chelsea - Swansea over 4.5 @ 4.00 sportsbet Chelsea - Swansea over 5.5 @ 6.75 centrebet After Bradfors's win over Aston Villa, plenty of encouragement for Swansea to take it to Chelsea here, and they have done so in the past, drawing their last two games with them. Also they beat Liverpool 3-1 on the road in the previous round, so going to Stanford Bridge will hold no fear. However they did lose 4-1 there last season in the EPL, so they have been well beaten at Chelsea in the past. Chelsea have beaten Southampton in the last round of the FA Cup and also beat Leeds 5-1 in the previous round of the League Cup, so not only have they played a pretty strong side in these games, but they also like to run up a score. They will create chances against Swansea, and expect them to score, especially as Swansea have allowed 5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions. A game that could have some goals in it, as neither side is one that will sit back and wait for the other to come to them 63-132 (-39.44)
I'm not so sure, when visiting Arsenal and Spurs in the Prem this season Swansea were good just sitting back, soaking up pressure and attacking on the counter. I can't see them going for it considering they've been leaking goals in other games. Look at what QPR did last week; I'd imagine Swansea will want to keep it tight against a wildly unpredictable Chelsea side.