Punters Lounge Oscars 2012. Nominations...............

Skittle

[h=1]Punters Lounge Oscars 2012 ~ Nominations In This Thread by 25/12/12[/h] Last year we were lumped in with another section for the Oscars so we had half an Oscar. This time round we have been given the opportunity to win a full Oscar for the section. Let's make good use of this to further enhance the Glory Hunters section of the site. It would be foolish to spurn this chance so I hope you guys will make the most of it and cast a few votes where you think they are due. It's not only this sections Oscar that you can vote for. By clicking on the above link you can post up nominations in any area you wish to. For our own Glory Hunters section please feel free to add/discuss some of the possibles here if you want. I'll have a scan round and put a few ideas down as well to get things rolling along.

Re: Punters Lounge Oscars 2012. Nominations............... Right guys, I've trawled through the last year on the GH section and can only really come up with 4 threads that have any real conviction; Thread: £288 to £1200 by Sunday evening (FINISHED!...end total £1090) on page 11. from TheImp. ====================== Thread: how hard could it possibly be to hit 30 winning bets? 30 BETS REACHED!!! also on Page 11 from newestpunter. ====================== Thread: 1% 'Steady Drip' on page 9 from Hodgey. Slipped up on this one due to the dates. Therefore it cannot be considered. ======================= Thread: Skittle's Mixture. on page 7 from Skittle. ====================================================================================================================== These are just meant as a guideline to you all. There may well be others that you think may have some merit for consideration. Please feel free to add them here for others to have a gander at and consider. There were around 20 'others' I looked at but were discounted for one reason or another. They may have began years ago or were not thought of as good enough to compete with selections already posted above. For example my 1+ goal thread hit 70 odd winners but didn't beat the GH record of 86 and wasn't as good as the Mixture. Have a look at the above threads, and any others you like, and feel free to discuss on here.

Re: Punters Lounge Oscars 2012. Nominations...............

Or nominating yourself??! ;)
Nothing to say I can't although the idea was simply to generate interest amongst the posters on here and give people a few ideas. Having said that, the above suggestions are not necessarily nominations. That part will be down to the people who use this forum.

Nothing to say I can't although the idea was simply to generate interest amongst the posters on here and give people a few ideas. Having said that' date=' the above suggestions are not necessarily nominations. That part will be down to the people who use this forum.[/quote'] I'm only playin m8 - will look forward to giving them all a read a bit l8r

Re: Punters Lounge Oscars 2012. Nominations............... Nominating any thread from years ago kinda defeats the purpose me-thinks. The only thread that sticks out right now as deserving this is, the best horse racing thread on the forum. http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/83331-BOG-trotting-with-bet365/ This thread was robbed in the proper Oscars last year by far inferior threads from the more popular Systems and Strategies forum. £100 to £2200, and let's be honest he's never really broke a sweat in doing that. Makes it look easy. It's up to the GHers to finally award Slapdash what he should have won last year already.

Nominating any thread from years ago kinda defeats the purpose me-thinks. The only thread that sticks out right now as deserving this is, the best horse racing thread on the forum. http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/83331-BOG-trotting-with-bet365/ This thread was robbed in the proper Oscars last year by far inferior threads from the more popular Systems and Strategies forum. £100 to £2200, and let's be honest he's never really broke a sweat in doing that. Makes it look easy. It's up to the GHers to finally award Slapdash what he should have won last year already.
It can be voted for in the S and S category, but we're looking for GH section stuff in particular.

threads should really be from 2102' date=' hence the title. :ok[/quote'] Presume you are referring to Skittle's Mixture for the small part that was in late 2011 and not 2102 which is a bit too far ahead even for me.

It can be voted for in the S and S category' date=' but we're looking for GH section stuff in particular.[/quote'] I'm confused here? It is most definitely a GH. Do you mean because it gets entered onto the actual Oscars for best system that it shouldn't also be here? If that's the case, I defer you to my original point: "It's up to the GHers to finally award Slapdash what he should have won last year already."

Re: Punters Lounge Oscars 2012. Nominations............... Sorry, I didn't grasp the idea at first. I thought it was in the S and S section initially. I remember putting it up for an award in the past, 'Moneybags' if I remember rightly. It doesn't fall into the 'zone' having began in 2009 which is a bit too far outside the parameters for the Oscars.

Sorry' date=' I didn't grasp the idea at first. I thought it was in the S and S section initially. I remember putting it up for an award in the past, 'Moneybags' if I remember rightly. It doesn't fall into the 'zone' having began in 2009 which is a bit too far outside the parameters for the Oscars.[/quote'] I don't think it matters to much when the thread actually started, as long as it continued. Look at Ralphies Quick System, that won in 2009 and it started in 2004! It was also up for the running again last year... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/125144-Punters-Lounge-Globally-Best-System I really can't see why Slappy's attempt would not be valid :unsure