** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Creating Your Own Ratings

Re: Creating Your Own Ratings Good luck to the OP. This was something I looked into doing a few years ago, but pretty much gave up after a few weeks. Its a lot more difficult than people actually think. Nowadays I just stick to the RP ratings, which,IMO, are an excellent guide. One thing I did learn though was the importance of grade/ group race form over handicap form. As such I rate: + Group 1......160+ Group 2......150-160 Group 3......135-150 I only bet class 3 handicaps and group races, class 4 and lower is pretty much poor fare and difficult to evaluate, whilst class 2 tend to be potentially listed/ group level and again, difficult to ascertain how good the horse is. But the major flaw with ratings is that they are rated on every run, which can be misleading as a lot of horses need certain parameters to show their best. eg, Carruthers looks best in small field, heavy ground races, despite winning a large field Hennesey for which he was handicapped to the hilt, until the other day at Fos Llas. Still good luck, be interesting to see what your Gold Cup ratings are at the moment.