UK Championship - 1-9 Dec

kevshat

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Walden to win UK Championship 40/1 Paddy Power Ricky Walden won the season opening Wuxi Classic earlier in the year and that proved he can win events. He’s made a few quarter finals since then in both major championships and PTC events so he’s in good form and he’ll have good memories of this venue having made the semi final as a qualifier last season. He lost to Mark Allen on that occasion but with a weak half of the draw which has the potential to really open up I think 40/1 on the Wuxi Classic champion is good value. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uk-championship-betting-ricky-walden-could-be-the-forgotten-man-with-the-bookies-in-york

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec I'm taking a punt in naming the finalists. A repeat of last years final of J.Trump v M.Allen is 20/1 Paddy Power Both players are in good form. Judd Trump is most peoples favourite to win and in Mark Allen, you have the self confessed most likely challenger to his number one spot in the world rankings in the future.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 5pts Judd Trump 4/1 Ladbrokes I know he is the favourite but i think on all known form its a good price,he didnt play well last weekend in premier league but i think he was simply burned out with all the snooker he was playing and was virtually winning almost every game he played.With a weeks rest i strongly fancy him to beat everyone,again i think he is in the easier half and am happy to have a pretty big bet on

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hawkins, B v Wenbo, L (11:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Holt, M (11:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ding, Junhui v Day, R (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v O'Brien, F (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.32 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Gould, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v White, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 2 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Davis, M v Yupeng, C (11:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Milkins, R (11:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carter, A v Davis, S (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Joyce, M (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Fu, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bingham, S v Lisowski, J (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 3 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Ford, T (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevens, M v Dale, D (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walden, R v Brecel, L (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v King, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Saturday morning session previews: 4pts J.Higgins (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Holt 9/10 Boylesports The way Higgins is playing at the minute I don’t think it matters which Michael Holt turns up here, I still expect him to be beaten. Whenever these two have met in the past Higgins has generally prevailed with a bit to spare, especially in the longer formats and I think that will be the case here. Holt just doesn’t have a good enough all round game to live with Higgins and I would expect the former world champion to win this no worse than 6-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-holt-betting-john-higgins-should-breeze-through-his-uk-opener 4pts L.Wenbo to beat B.Hawkins 11/8 Paddy Power Liang Wenbo has really started playing in the last month or so and there is no harm in beating Shaun Murphy and Ding Junhui and if that isn’t going to boost your confidence nothing is. Hawkins is in good form himself but he’s prone to the occasional poor performance, particularly when he’s a favourite so I’m happy to take him on here against the dangerous if a little inconsistent Chinese player. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hawkins-vs-wenbo-betting-liang-wenbo-can-add-barry-hawkins-to-his-list-of-high-profile-recent-victims

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Saturday afternoon previews: 3pts R.Day to beat D.Junhui 9/4 Blue Square Ryan Day’s record over Ding Junhui is very good and I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest he can’t improve that record in this match. Ding tends to struggle against shotmakers as his safety can be a bit loose and he still pushes the boat out a bit too much even though he’s a lot tighter than he used to be. Ryan Day doesn’t really offer much safety. He likes to go for his shots and that is a method which can see him into the second round here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ding-vs-day-betting-ryan-day-can-improve-his-dominance-over-ding-in-york 4pts S.Maguire (-2.5 frames) to beat F.O'Brien Evs Coral You get the feeling O’Brien’s only chance in this match is if he can get Maguire frustrated but the Scot has been a lot more mellow around the table in the last season or so and more prepared to knuckle down and graft in his matches which has been good to see. I don’t think O’Brien can live with Maguire in a straight out scoring contest but with Maguire doing the niggly side of the game better I expect him to win this a shade easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-o-brien-betting-stephen-maguire-should-have-no-difficulties-coming-past-o-brien-in-york

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Saturday evening previews: 4pts G.Dott to beat M.Gould 4/5 Boylesports Gould isn’t in great nick and he lost to an amateur in German Masters qualifying on Friday which can’t have done his confidence much good. Graeme Dott has been up and down this season but there is no question he is the steadier of the two players and so with that in mind I will take the former world champion in this match with his all round game likely to be too good for Gould’s aggressive attacking style. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-gould-betting-graeme-dott-has-the-all-round-game-to-dispose-of-gould-in-uk-championships 5pts M.Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat M.White 5/6 Skybet We will find out just how close Michael White’s game is to being really competitive in this match because you don’t beat, or even challenge, Mark Selby over the longer formats if you haven’t got a good all round game. It’s fine being a heavy scorer but against the very best you need to back it up and I’m not sure White can. Results this week suggest White still has a bit of improving to do so I’ll take Selby to win this and win it fairly comfortably. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-white-betting-mark-selby-can-come-past-the-upcoming-michael-white-with-a-bit-in-hand

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Just going with this one outright but adding two quarter bets.

Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Walden to win UK Championship 40/1 Paddy Power Ricky Walden won the season opening Wuxi Classic earlier in the year and that proved he can win events. He’s made a few quarter finals since then in both major championships and PTC events so he’s in good form and he’ll have good memories of this venue having made the semi final as a qualifier last season. He lost to Mark Allen on that occasion but with a weak half of the draw which has the potential to really open up I think 40/1 on the Wuxi Classic champion is good value. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uk-championship-betting-ricky-walden-could-be-the-forgotten-man-with-the-bookies-in-york
2pts S.Bingham to win 1st Quarter 5/1 Bet365 Stuart Bingham goes into this tournament boosted by his win in the Premier League last week where he beat Judd Trump in the final and that is significant because he could face the same opponent in the quarter final of this tournament. He would have to come past Lisowski and maybe Stephen Maguire before then but I don't think that's impossible with the way he is playing and even though he would be a second favourite against Judd Trump he wouldn't be a 5/1 shot to beat him. Bingham is scoring very heavily at the minute and in the longer formats of the game that's no bad thing so at 5/1 he looks the value to make the semi finals from the top quarter. 1pt L.Wenbo to win 4th Quarter 20/1 Boylesports No doubt this is a long shot given the quality of the quarter but it has the potential to open up and there's no reason why Liang Wenbo can't win it. He's got wins over Murphy and Ding on his record in recent weeks so he is clearly playing well and with nothing to lose I expect him to give this a good go. Of course there is unrivalled quality in this quarter but if they all take it out of each other so to speak then Wenbo could easily come through and make the semi finals. A long shot without a doubt but one which is worth a point just to see how close he goes.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Just these two for me for the morning session. It's a little bit early to get stuck into the breaks markets.

Saturday morning session previews: 4pts J.Higgins (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Holt 9/10 Boylesports The way Higgins is playing at the minute I don’t think it matters which Michael Holt turns up here, I still expect him to be beaten. Whenever these two have met in the past Higgins has generally prevailed with a bit to spare, especially in the longer formats and I think that will be the case here. Holt just doesn’t have a good enough all round game to live with Higgins and I would expect the former world champion to win this no worse than 6-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-holt-betting-john-higgins-should-breeze-through-his-uk-opener 4pts L.Wenbo to beat B.Hawkins 11/8 Paddy Power Liang Wenbo has really started playing in the last month or so and there is no harm in beating Shaun Murphy and Ding Junhui and if that isn’t going to boost your confidence nothing is. Hawkins is in good form himself but he’s prone to the occasional poor performance, particularly when he’s a favourite so I’m happy to take him on here against the dangerous if a little inconsistent Chinese player. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hawkins-vs-wenbo-betting-liang-wenbo-can-add-barry-hawkins-to-his-list-of-high-profile-recent-victims

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Just this one for me in the afternoon session. Will be back with tonight's bets later.

4pts S.Maguire (-2.5 frames) to beat F.O'Brien Evs Coral You get the feeling O’Brien’s only chance in this match is if he can get Maguire frustrated but the Scot has been a lot more mellow around the table in the last season or so and more prepared to knuckle down and graft in his matches which has been good to see. I don’t think O’Brien can live with Maguire in a straight out scoring contest but with Maguire doing the niggly side of the game better I expect him to win this a shade easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-o-brien-betting-stephen-maguire-should-have-no-difficulties-coming-past-o-brien-in-york

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Taken both these for tonight.

Saturday evening previews: 4pts G.Dott to beat M.Gould 4/5 Boylesports Gould isn’t in great nick and he lost to an amateur in German Masters qualifying on Friday which can’t have done his confidence much good. Graeme Dott has been up and down this season but there is no question he is the steadier of the two players and so with that in mind I will take the former world champion in this match with his all round game likely to be too good for Gould’s aggressive attacking style. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-gould-betting-graeme-dott-has-the-all-round-game-to-dispose-of-gould-in-uk-championships 5pts M.Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat M.White 5/6 Skybet We will find out just how close Michael White’s game is to being really competitive in this match because you don’t beat, or even challenge, Mark Selby over the longer formats if you haven’t got a good all round game. It’s fine being a heavy scorer but against the very best you need to back it up and I’m not sure White can. Results this week suggest White still has a bit of improving to do so I’ll take Selby to win this and win it fairly comfortably. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-white-betting-mark-selby-can-come-past-the-upcoming-michael-white-with-a-bit-in-hand

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Sunday morning previews: 4pts C.Yupeng to beat M.Davis 11/8 Boylesports I really think this is a banana skin for Mark Davis. He generally never plays his best stuff under the TV lights in the big tournaments and he faces a Chinese player who has an excellent temperament and a more than solid game too. He has a decent safety game and when you leave him in the balls he will score heavily as Mark Allen found out at the Crucible. This could be a close match but it is a match I like Yupeng in. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-davis-vs-yupeng-betting-mark-davis-could-slip-on-a-big-banana-skin-in-uk-championship-opener 4pts S.Murphy vs R.Milkins - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Bet365 I think this match could be closer than people think. Murphy can often take a match or so to get going in a tournament and while I think he will win this I certainly think Milkins can keep him honest and make him sweat a bit for his win. Milkins generally scores well in the balls so if Murphy leaves him chances he could pay for it. I expect Murphy to win but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t. Whoever wins I’m confident enough that we’ll see at least 10 frames. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-milkins-betting-robert-milkins-has-the-ability-to-make-this-a-closer-match-than-it-looks-on-paper

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Sunday afternoon previews: 4pts A.Carter vs S.Davis - Over 9.5 frames 11/8 Ladbrokes Steve Davis still has the ability to go toe to toe with the top players. He showed that recently when John Higgins needed a deciding frame to dispose of him in a PTC event and if he plays like he did in qualifying for this tournament then he could keep this close. Carter has been playing well too so this should be a good honest match but I believe it could be a match which is longer than people expect and at 11/8 I’m happy to chance that there’s 10 or more frames in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-s-davis-betting-steve-davis-can-roll-back-the-years-to-take-carter-to-the-trenches-in-york 3pts J.Trump (-3.5 frames) to beat M.Joyce 6/5 Ladbrokes Mark Joyce has nothing to lose in this match but lose is ultimately what I expect him to do. Judd Trump still isn’t perfect and he isn’t unbeatable as we saw in the Premier League final last week but his back up game is a lot better than it used to be and he’s started to turn down the more riskier long pots which will only benefit him long term. It is hard to see anything but Trump winning a one sided match here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-joyce-betting-trump-can-begin-the-defence-of-his-uk-title-with-comfortable-win-over-joyce

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Sunday evening previews: 4pts M.Allen vs M.Fu - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Paddy Power These two have met over this eleven frame distance twice recently. Fu won at the Masters last year when he played some stellar stuff and then Allen got his revenge in the quarter final of this tournament 12 months ago. Given the comments he made about Chinese players, Allen will probably want to back those up with a win here and I expect him to be highly motivated to perform but this looks like a close match to me. They needed a deciding frame to separate them last year and could easily need one again here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/allen-vs-fu-betting-two-solid-players-could-need-a-deciding-frame-to-separate-them-for-a-second-straight-year 3pts S.Bingham (-2.5 frames) to beat J.Lisowski 6/5 Skybet Stuart Bingham is playing so well at the minute that I have to side with him and I think if he can get his nose in front early he could run away with this match. We saw last week the confidence he gets from leading when he took the lead against Judd Trump in the Premier League final and wasn’t for catching. Lisowski has talent without a doubt but he also lacks a bit of consistency and has an all or nothing side to his game which Bingham can exploit to the max. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bingham-vs-lisowski-betting-stuart-bingham-can-see-off-the-talented-jack-lisowski-in-york-opener

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Good opening day. Just these two for Sunday morning.

Sunday morning previews: 4pts C.Yupeng to beat M.Davis 11/8 Boylesports I really think this is a banana skin for Mark Davis. He generally never plays his best stuff under the TV lights in the big tournaments and he faces a Chinese player who has an excellent temperament and a more than solid game too. He has a decent safety game and when you leave him in the balls he will score heavily as Mark Allen found out at the Crucible. This could be a close match but it is a match I like Yupeng in. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-davis-vs-yupeng-betting-mark-davis-could-slip-on-a-big-banana-skin-in-uk-championship-opener 4pts S.Murphy vs R.Milkins - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Bet365 I think this match could be closer than people think. Murphy can often take a match or so to get going in a tournament and while I think he will win this I certainly think Milkins can keep him honest and make him sweat a bit for his win. Milkins generally scores well in the balls so if Murphy leaves him chances he could pay for it. I expect Murphy to win but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t. Whoever wins I’m confident enough that we’ll see at least 10 frames. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-milkins-betting-robert-milkins-has-the-ability-to-make-this-a-closer-match-than-it-looks-on-paper

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Just this one for me tonight.

Sunday evening previews: 4pts M.Allen vs M.Fu - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Paddy Power These two have met over this eleven frame distance twice recently. Fu won at the Masters last year when he played some stellar stuff and then Allen got his revenge in the quarter final of this tournament 12 months ago. Given the comments he made about Chinese players, Allen will probably want to back those up with a win here and I expect him to be highly motivated to perform but this looks like a close match to me. They needed a deciding frame to separate them last year and could easily need one again here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/allen-vs-fu-betting-two-solid-players-could-need-a-deciding-frame-to-separate-them-for-a-second-straight-year

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Have been enjoying the darts and only just looked at this. Just this for me on the outrights: 2pts EW G.Dott to win UK Championships 33/1 Dott has had a decent year. He has done well in the PDC events beating the likes of Ronnie 4-0 and Stephen Hendry. He hasn't managed to cross the finish line though. Getting to Semis and finals like he did in the Brazil Masters. He has a nice draw here and could find himself making a final. He has beaten Gould in round 1 who is a good player. He has Murphy in Round 2 who he lost to last year but if he find it in him to win that one the draw could really open up for him. The likes of Bingham, Maguire and Carter Dott has beaten all of these players over the last year or two so this bet will heavily rely on if he can get past Murphy. 33s is nice value for that contest.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Monday afternoon previews: 3pts D.Dale to beat M.Stevens 13/8 Stan James As a seed Matthew Stevens is often vulnerable and even though this is a longer match than usual where he usually tends to excel. Dominic Dale will enjoy the longer distance here and I think he’s got the all round game to give Stevens trouble here. Whenever I’ve seen Dale this season he has tended to play well but run into a top player in good form. I’m not sure that’s the case here so Dale is worth a punt in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-dale-betting-dominic-dale-has-the-tools-to-triumph-in-the-welsh-battle 4pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat T.Ford 5/6 Skybet Whenever Tom Ford comes up against the elite level players he tends to be on the end of a good hiding. Whether that is because his all round game isn’t there or because he goes for too many shots I’m not sure but the top players tend to see him off comfortably over the longer distances and I expect Robertson to do the same here. The Australian is in good touch and can win this and win it no worse than 6-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-ford-betting-neil-robertson-can-see-off-tom-ford-without-too-much-trouble

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Monday evening previews: 3pts M.King to beat M.Williams 9/4 Bet365 Mark King has beaten Mark Williams in their last two meetings in major tournaments and I see no reason why he can’t do so again here. Williams has got better results than his performances have merited this season because he hasn’t really played the excellent snooker that we know he can play. Mark King tends to be a streak player but there’s no doubt he’s on a hot streak at the minute and he’s the value in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-king-betting-mark-king-can-pick-up-another-major-win-over-mark-williams-in-york 5pts R.Walden (-1.5 frames) to beat L.Brecel 11/10 Paddy Power I think Ricky Walden will be too good all round for Luca Brecel. Brecel is without a doubt a massive talent but at the minute he’s very much a potter and Walden has a good enough tactical game to keep him at bay I think. Walden’s a very underrated scorer in his own right but he has the ability to come through a scrappy game or a potting contest so he looks like a good thing here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/walden-vs-brecel-betting-ricky-walden-should-be-too-shrewd-for-the-belgian-youngster

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Just these four for Monday. Not going to get too crazy until at least the next round.

Monday afternoon previews: 3pts D.Dale to beat M.Stevens 13/8 Stan James As a seed Matthew Stevens is often vulnerable and even though this is a longer match than usual where he usually tends to excel. Dominic Dale will enjoy the longer distance here and I think he’s got the all round game to give Stevens trouble here. Whenever I’ve seen Dale this season he has tended to play well but run into a top player in good form. I’m not sure that’s the case here so Dale is worth a punt in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-dale-betting-dominic-dale-has-the-tools-to-triumph-in-the-welsh-battle 4pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat T.Ford 5/6 Skybet Whenever Tom Ford comes up against the elite level players he tends to be on the end of a good hiding. Whether that is because his all round game isn’t there or because he goes for too many shots I’m not sure but the top players tend to see him off comfortably over the longer distances and I expect Robertson to do the same here. The Australian is in good touch and can win this and win it no worse than 6-3. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-ford-betting-neil-robertson-can-see-off-tom-ford-without-too-much-trouble
Monday evening previews: 3pts M.King to beat M.Williams 9/4 Bet365 Mark King has beaten Mark Williams in their last two meetings in major tournaments and I see no reason why he can’t do so again here. Williams has got better results than his performances have merited this season because he hasn’t really played the excellent snooker that we know he can play. Mark King tends to be a streak player but there’s no doubt he’s on a hot streak at the minute and he’s the value in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-king-betting-mark-king-can-pick-up-another-major-win-over-mark-williams-in-york 5pts R.Walden (-1.5 frames) to beat L.Brecel 11/10 Paddy Power I think Ricky Walden will be too good all round for Luca Brecel. Brecel is without a doubt a massive talent but at the minute he’s very much a potter and Walden has a good enough tactical game to keep him at bay I think. Walden’s a very underrated scorer in his own right but he has the ability to come through a scrappy game or a potting contest so he looks like a good thing here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/walden-vs-brecel-betting-ricky-walden-should-be-too-shrewd-for-the-belgian-youngster

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 4pts N.Robertson -2.5 frames vs T.Ford 5/6 Skybet Seems abit of a steal this one. Last time these two played last year Robertson won 6-1. I think there is a big difference in class between the two and I cannot see Ford getting more than 3 frames in this one.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 2pts M.Stevens vs D.Dale - Over 9.5 frames Evs Bet365 Fancy this to be a close game which Stevens may just get over the line from. 6-4 either way would not surprise me. Stevens seems to be so unreliable that it's hard to know which Stevens is going to turn up. Dale always seems to be quite steady when I've watched him and I think has enough about him to grab 4 frames here.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 4 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Joyce, M v Carter, A (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevens, M v Fu, M (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.94 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.04 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bingham, S v Maguire, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.86 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Murphy, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 5 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Day, R v Selby, M (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Brecel, L (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Davis, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Hawkins, B (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Tuesday afternoon previews: 5pts A.Carter (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Joyce 6/5 William Hill I can’t see Mark Joyce winning this match, not unless Carter has an absolute mare at least. He only scored one 50 break in his first match against Steve Davis but I can let him off that because matches against the Nugget often turn into tactical affairs. Matches with Judd Trump are often wide open games so to only make one 50 break doesn’t bode well for Joyce. Really from 5-2 up Judd should’ve put that match to bed but he got cocky and disrespected Joyce and paid the price. Carter won’t do that so I’m confident he’ll win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-joyce-betting-ali-carter-can-finish-the-job-judd-trump-couldn-t-complete 5pts M.Fu to beat M.Stevens Evs Betfred I like Fu in this match. He has been the better player throughout the season and he was definitely the better player of the two in the first round. A sign of how good Fu has been playing this season is the fact only Judd Trump has knocked in more century breaks and that scoring power coupled with Fu’s tactically astute snooker brain can see him to a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-fu-betting-marco-fu-can-continue-his-good-form-against-a-struggling-matthew-stevens

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Tuesday evening previews: 4pts S.Bingham vs S.Maguire - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power Both men go into this match in good form so I think this will be a close match. I think there will be a lot of frames won in one visit and a lot of high breaks. I would expect them to trade frames regularly because it is impossible to keep the table safe all the time with these two as they are both good potters from distance as well as in the balls so I expect to see at least 10 frames and wouldn’t be surprised if we see a deciding frame too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-bingham-betting-tie-of-the-second-round-can-be-as-close-as-it-looks-on-paper 4pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) to beat G.Dott 5/6 Paddy Power Although Murphy wasn’t at his best in his opening match against Milkins he did play considerably better than Graeme Dott and I think he will come through this match here. When the chances came to score Murphy did score heavily which is something Dott didn’t do so I think Murphy will have a bit too much. The last time they met Murphy won 5-0 and while I don’t expect this game to be as easy I do expect Murphy to win with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-murphy-betting-shaun-murphy-can-make-another-uk-quarter-final-at-the-expense-of-dott

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Annoying night. Will go with these two for Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday afternoon previews: 5pts A.Carter (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Joyce 6/5 William Hill I can’t see Mark Joyce winning this match, not unless Carter has an absolute mare at least. He only scored one 50 break in his first match against Steve Davis but I can let him off that because matches against the Nugget often turn into tactical affairs. Matches with Judd Trump are often wide open games so to only make one 50 break doesn’t bode well for Joyce. Really from 5-2 up Judd should’ve put that match to bed but he got cocky and disrespected Joyce and paid the price. Carter won’t do that so I’m confident he’ll win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-joyce-betting-ali-carter-can-finish-the-job-judd-trump-couldn-t-complete 5pts M.Fu to beat M.Stevens Evs Betfred I like Fu in this match. He has been the better player throughout the season and he was definitely the better player of the two in the first round. A sign of how good Fu has been playing this season is the fact only Judd Trump has knocked in more century breaks and that scoring power coupled with Fu’s tactically astute snooker brain can see him to a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-fu-betting-marco-fu-can-continue-his-good-form-against-a-struggling-matthew-stevens

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 3pts M.Stevens to beat M.Fu Eves Boylesport Stevens looked very good in the first round. I thought it would of been alot closer then that against Dale but he punished every single mistake. Fu is playing well but head-2-head shows Stevens winning the last 3 including a 10-3 this year.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Good shout Fader. Going with just this one tonight. Have got Bingham covered as part of the quarter bet on him so hoping he wins.

4pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) to beat G.Dott 5/6 Paddy Power Although Murphy wasn’t at his best in his opening match against Milkins he did play considerably better than Graeme Dott and I think he will come through this match here. When the chances came to score Murphy did score heavily which is something Dott didn’t do so I think Murphy will have a bit too much. The last time they met Murphy won 5-0 and while I don’t expect this game to be as easy I do expect Murphy to win with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-murphy-betting-shaun-murphy-can-make-another-uk-quarter-final-at-the-expense-of-dott