** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Championship - 1-9 Dec

kevshat

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec tar mate. 2pts Bingham to beat Maguire 11/10 bet365 In some great form at the moment and I fancy him to keep it close against Maguire and edge him out in the final frames. Won a recent event and demolished Lisowski in first round.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 5pts M. King to beat L. Brecel -2.5 frames 11/5 Paddy power I'm debating on sticking safe on the -1.5 but I thought Luca was very lucky against Walden. He walked straight into a player who was determined to give away the game. Walden was leading (Brecel needing snookers 2-1) to go 3-1.. he then gave yet another frame away and by 5-5 he even gave the game away. Brecel needed bottle ofcourse but I just think if you put him up against anyone who has a half decent game and he is going to brush him aside. I fancy a 6-2 here. -2.5 for the 6-3 safer.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Wednesday afternoon previews: 4pts M.King to beat L.Brecel 5/6 Stan James Luca Brecel is breaking new ground in his career in this match but I don’t expect his run in this tournament to continue. I thought King was the better of the two players in the first round and I think he can keep this tight enough to stay in control of the match. Even if King doesn’t score fantastically he’s very good at taking what’s there and tying things up again and that should be enough to win this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brecel-vs-king-betting-mark-king-can-end-the-run-of-the-belgian-youngster-in-york 5pts M.Selby (-1.5 frames) to beat R.Day 7/10 Boylesports These two met in the first round of this competition 12 months ago and Selby won 6-0 on that occasion. I wouldn’t necessarily commit to him winning 6-0 in this match but I do think he will win and win with a bit in hand not least because his all round game is so much stronger than Day’s. These two have met four times in the last couple of seasons in big tournaments and Selby has won all four comfortably and he can do the same here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/day-vs-selby-betting-mark-selby-can-see-ryan-day-off-with-a-bit-in-hand-for-the-second-year-running-in-york

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Wednesday evening previews: 4pts N.Robertson vs B.Hawkins - Over 9.5 frames 11/8 Bet365 Neil Robertson may end up winning this match but I’m not convinced he will have it all his own way and it may not have done Hawkins any harm having had a tough first match. Robertson didn’t miss much against Tom Ford but even allowing for him being as good as he is you wouldn’t imagine he’ll play to that standard again. If he does he definitely wins but I fancy Hawkins can play his part in what I think will be a close match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-hawkins-betting-barry-hawkins-can-keep-neil-robertson-honest-in-uk-championship-second-round 4pts J.Higgins (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Davis 6/5 Bet365 John Higgins has been playing well all season and I think we’ll see something like the best of him in this match. Mark Davis is a solid enough player without being special in any area so as long as Higgins doesn’t make any glaring errors I would expect him to have too much for Davis. Davis might win a couple of frames to keep Higgins honest but I would imagine Higgins can still cover a 2.5 frame handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-m-davis-betting-john-higgins-can-move-through-the-gears-in-york

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 5pts Brecel to beat King 11/10 Boylesports. I think yee are totally underrating Brecel here he is the new generation playing against a decent journeyman in my opinion.I have seen enough of Brecel in the past year to be really impressed,he was bound to be nervous and miss balls in his first game he is new to this stage.King played well in his first game but in all fairness Williams was shocking and missed nearly everything leaving king in the balls

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 5pts treble Selby 2/5 Higgins 1/3 Robertson 2/7 boylesports Not enough time to go through each game but they all playing against vastly inferior players,all in good form granted Selby not been at his best but his second gear will be good enough against Day.i think the 3 will win by 6-4 at worst and strongly fancy this treble

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec 3 for me tonight....

Wednesday evening previews: 4pts N.Robertson vs B.Hawkins - Over 9.5 frames 11/8 Bet365 Neil Robertson may end up winning this match but I’m not convinced he will have it all his own way and it may not have done Hawkins any harm having had a tough first match. Robertson didn’t miss much against Tom Ford but even allowing for him being as good as he is you wouldn’t imagine he’ll play to that standard again. If he does he definitely wins but I fancy Hawkins can play his part in what I think will be a close match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-hawkins-betting-barry-hawkins-can-keep-neil-robertson-honest-in-uk-championship-second-round 4pts J.Higgins (-2.5 frames) to beat M.Davis 6/5 Bet365 John Higgins has been playing well all season and I think we’ll see something like the best of him in this match. Mark Davis is a solid enough player without being special in any area so as long as Higgins doesn’t make any glaring errors I would expect him to have too much for Davis. Davis might win a couple of frames to keep Higgins honest but I would imagine Higgins can still cover a 2.5 frame handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-m-davis-betting-john-higgins-can-move-through-the-gears-in-york
3pts N.Robertson vs B.Hawkins - 2 or more centuries 2/1 Sportingbet Both men scored heavily in their first match and both like to get into the balls and get stuck in. There's no reason at all why both men can't knock in a ton like they did in their first round matches. The tables appear to be playing lovely in the arena and both men score heavily when they get in. I don't expect this to be a scrappy match I think there will be lots of good snooker and lots of solid breaks and when all is said and done I think we'll see a couple of centuries too. Both men score well enough to nail a couple of tons on their own so with the combination of one each helping us too I think the 2/1 is a shade of value for there to be a couple of centuries here.

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 6 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brecel, L v Murphy, S (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.34 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.29 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carter, A v Bingham, S (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.75 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Thursday afternoon quarter final previews: 4pts S.Bingham to beat A.Carter 8/11 Boylesports I can’t see beyond Bingham here. Carter has often needed more than one visit to win frames so far in this tournament but he isn’t guaranteed to get them with the way that Bingham is scoring right now. Stuart Bingham has clearly taken the confidence of winning the Premier League last week into this tournament and we are seeing him at his best. Even at 8/11 I think Bingham is value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-bingham-betting-stuart-bingham-can-continue-his-excellent-form-by-beating-carter 4pts S.Murphy (-2.5 frames) to beat L.Brecel Evs Bet365 Brecel has done well to make it this far but he’s up against an elite player in Murphy who is striking the ball so well and because of it he is scoring so heavily. I don’t think Brecel has the safety game to keep Murphy at bay in this match so while Brecel has done well to be here I don’t think this will be a happy ending for him. Unless the Belgian has a significant run of the ball I would expect Murphy to win this a shade easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brecel-vs-murphy-betting-shaun-murphy-can-end-the-dreams-of-the-belgian-youngster-in-quarter-final

[TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Davis, M v Stevens, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Selby, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Thursday evening quarter final previews: 4pts M.Davis to beat M.Stevens 6/5 Paddy Power Mark Davis produced the best performance of the two players in his last match against John Higgins and if he can repeat that performance in this match I think he will win this. Stevens has come through but he has yet to play well and unless he ups his game for this match I don’t see him progressing any further. Mark Davis has been in good touch all season and he can make another semi final by winning here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-davis-vs-stevens-betting-mark-davis-can-continue-his-good-run-in-york-with-win-over-stevens 4pts N.Robertson vs M.Selby - Over 9.5 frames 6/5 Paddy Power I expect this to be a very tight match. Both players are good players who know how to make it into semi finals and both tend to play their best snooker from this point onwards in tournaments. I expect both men to play well here and if they do this could turn into a classic. Both men can clear the table given half the chance and both are tactically astute so I expect this to contain at least 10 frames if not a deciding one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-selby-betting-pick-of-the-quarter-finals-could-well-be-the-closest-of-the-matches

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec

Was that before the maximum break! ;)
lol, yeah.. that was after sitting through Walden and then King throwing a 3-0 lead away to lose 6-3 lol and then the robbo game lastnight too. So many mistakes from both

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 7 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carter, A v Murphy, S (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.68 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec First semi final preview: 5pts A.Carter vs S.Murphy - Over 14.5 frames 8/11 Stan James Both men look to be cueing well and from what I’ve seen both seem to be scoring ok too so I expect a close semi final here. I don’t think either man will run away with it and although the price is 8/11 I’m surprised the total frames line is as low as 15.5 because I would be very surprised if this one is won any easier than 9-6. Both men are pretty evenly matched so I wouldn’t be surprised if this goes all the way but I’m confident it will end no worse than 9-6 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-murphy-betting-open-uk-championship-semi-final-has-the-potential-to-be-tight-throughout

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 8 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Davis, M v Selby, M (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Semi final 2 preview: 4pts M.Davis vs M.Selby - Over 14.5 frames 10/11 Stan James I think this will be another close semi final because of what is on it for both men. Mark Selby has the chance of going back to number one in the world rankings while Mark Davis will be looking to make his first major final so there will be a bit of nerves and pressure around particularly if the match gets tight at the end. Both men look to be scoring well and are good match players and the very worst I see this ending is 9-6 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-davis-vs-selby-betting-second-semi-final-can-be-close-with-the-stakes-high-for-both-players

Re: UK Championship - 1-9 Dec Final preview: 4pts S.Murphy to beat M.Selby 11/10 William Hill If form over the tournament continues then I have no doubt Shaun Murphy will win this because he is hitting the ball so well, scoring so heavily and is really attacking the table. It was actually a testament to how good Ali Carter is that he led Murphy 8-4 in the semi final but Murphy never gives in and is only needing one chance to win frames. Selby has needed more than one chance to win frames most of the week so far and I’m just not sure he’s going to get them here. Murphy for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-selby-betting-shaun-murphy-can-land-the-uk-title-for-the-second-time-in-his-career