** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Swansea City (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.95 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Newcastle were very poor today against West Ham, a side known for doing poorly on the road. I ain't going to back them at that price, they are playing a Swansea side who are starting to play better now after a bad blip for a few games. No bet for me in this match, could quite possibly be another draw as Newcastle really do lack going forward this season, and miss Coloccini and Taylor.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Taylor ?? Didnt see owt about him being out if you mean Steve, Ryans been out for a while so that wouldnt make a difference, or is it a typo & you mean Toite... Gutierrez went off for an x-ray today & with Cisse being subbed at HT for being awfull, team news needs to be looked at first..

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November

Taylor ?? Didnt see owt about him being out if you mean Steve, Ryans been out for a while so that wouldnt make a difference, or is it a typo & you mean Toite... Gutierrez went off for an x-ray today & with Cisse being subbed at HT for being awfull, team news needs to be looked at first..
Owt? :unsure Ryan has been out for a while, and he has been a big loss for Newcastle. This is nowhere near the Newcastle side we saw last year performance wise. Tiote, is he not back for the next match, he has served his ban? I don't need to look at the team, i don't think Newcastle are playing well enough to be fancied at around the 1.8 mark. Coloccini is a huge loss, they have missed Ryan Taylor, Perch is injured too. Swansea play good football. Best to stay away for me personally.

I think Newcastle have always had a really poor defence, even if you go back ten years +, and I also think the fact they did so well last season masked the fact they're still not very defensively sound, and Collocini isn't a great defender. If we remember the year they were relegated, Collocini was awful. So I don't really think defenders being in or out has much of an impact at this level if I'm honest.

I think Newcastle have always had a really poor defence' date=' even if you go back ten years +, and I also think the fact they did so well last season masked the fact they're still not very defensively sound, and Collocini isn't a great defender. If we remember the year they were relegated, Collocini was awful. So I don't really think defenders being in or out has much of an impact at this level if I'm honest.[/quote'] They kept 15 clean sheets last season Jase. They were very good at the back last season. I wouldn't call Coloccini awful either, he is a very good defender and was one of the main reasons Newcastle did so well last season. Also, cannot agree that defenders being in or out don't make a difference at this level??? Look at United's defence since Vidic has been out injured. You are saying it is not important to have a good defence?

They kept 15 clean sheets last season Jase. They were very good at the back last season. I wouldn't call Coloccini awful either, he is a very good defender and was one of the main reasons Newcastle did so well last season. Also, cannot agree that defenders being in or out don't make a difference at this level??? Look at United's defence since Vidic has been out injured. You are saying it is not important to have a good defence?
No I meant it isn't an issue at this level to Newcastle because they've always been poor defensively. Despite the fact they kept all those clean sheets last season they were still involved in a lot of high scoring games last season, and I remember them being absolutely trounced at Spurs. Do you remember what he was like the year they went down? I do, he looked abysmal. I just don't buy his importance, but will probably agree to disagree with a lot of people :lol

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Wow that was a shocker to me, seems like you havent been watching Colo play for a while. He has been great the past year or so for Newcastle and a great leader to the team. He might have been poor the season they went down, but thats well over two years ago mate! Newcastle had 15 clean sheets or so last season, thats gotta count for something? For me Colo is one of the best defenders in the League and have been for a while.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Newcastle look possibly a tad short, but I think it's a game they can narrowly win. Swansea dont travel well generally and I think defensively they will struggle against Ba and Cisse. Yeah, I'd still think the price is a little thin though.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Doesn't sound like you watched Newcastle much at all last season Jase. Our good league finish was built on good defensive performances, Pardew is a defensive coach after all. This season we have been ropy, still fairly solid at the back but terrible going forward. Coloccini is our key player, the lynchpin in the spine of the team. He was superb last season and this season until very recently. Not sure how this game will pan out. We will be cautious because Pardew is now desperate for a win and always goes back to ultra-cautious football in these situations. Swansea will have a go and this might leave opportunities for the likes of Ben Arfa and Ba to exploit but as has been the case with us this season it will be down to individual brilliance and not good team play whether we can score goals. Swansea are a great team on their day but can blow a bit hot and cold I think. Definitely won't be betting on this one.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November To me there is not much between these teams. Last year the match finished nil-nil.. Newcastle have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 home games, Swansea have scored one goal in 4 away games. This is a 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 or 0-1 game Newcastle are more likely to score and I think they will knick it 1-0 which is a nice price of 7-1 on bet365. Neil.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Good bit of analysis as always Neil, can't add a lot to what you've written but I can't help but think swansea will have a decent gameplan here after west ham showed them how to approach an away game at Newcastle. My system is showing this as a banker unders and I'm happy to go along with that.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November "Tioté is back from suspension but Yohan Cabaye is extremely doubtful, Jonás Gutiérrez is sidelined and Fabricio Coloccini suspended. With Newcastle having lost 1-0 at St James' Park to West Ham on Sunday, Alan Pardew has dubbed this a big game."

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Fabricio Coloccini serves the second of a three game ban while Yohan Cabaye and Jonas Gutierrez both miss out through injury. Cheick Tiote is available once again after serving his ban. Romain Amalfitano also joined in the session at Darsley Park showing no ill effects from the knock that caused his substitution in Monday's reserve team game. Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling, Haris Vuckic, James Perch and Adam Campbell are all currently sidelined by injuries. In the absence of both our Argentineans, Steven Taylor takes the captain's armband - with Alan Pardew spouting some guff about his on and off field maturity. Presumably then it was a different Steven Taylor who had a strip torn off him for his inflammatory pre-derby comments..... The following 17 outfield players are therefore available (18 if Cisse is cleared to play): Abeid, Amalfitano, Sh.Ameobi, Sa.Ameobi, Anita, Ba, Ben Arfa, Bigirimana, Ferguson, Marveaux, Obertan, Santon, Simpson, Tavernier. S.Taylor, Tiote, Williamson. Taken from NUFC.COM

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Under 2.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Newcastle have been having some problems scoring as they have only twice scored more than two goals in their last seven games when last year they were doing much better. As such, their defence has been decent with only one goal allowed in their last four games as they have gone under in 3 of their last 4 games. Swansea have allowes just one goal in each of their last three games, as each of them have gone under. Both meetings went under last year, and can see this being another low scoring game

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Not often we are in agreement Blackcrow...:)...but I agree with you here. Newcastle vs Swansea UNDER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.04 (Pinnacle:3pts) It's hard to trust Swansea away from home but I think they can frustrate Newcastle who are struggling a bit in attack at the minute. West Ham nullified them last week and although Swansea are not as strong a unit, I think they will be able to get a decent foothold in this match and play their passing game and make it close. Dont see this as a high scoring match, fancy at best a narrow win for the Toon or a draw. Unders is my play.

Re: Newcastle United v Swansea City > Saturday 17th November Newcastle @ 2.00 Bet365 ( 6 points) Personally I think this is a brilliant price on Toon which is being distorted due to a couple of injuries. Swansea have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 9 matches and they have also failed to score in 4 out of their last 6 away matches. Yes the Toon have a couple of key players out but they still have plenty of firepower. I'm just not convinced by Swansea at all and I strongly fancy the home side to win at a generous price.

Owt? :unsure Ryan has been out for a while, and he has been a big loss for Newcastle. This is nowhere near the Newcastle side we saw last year performance wise. Tiote, is he not back for the next match, he has served his ban? I don't need to look at the team, i don't think Newcastle are playing well enough to be fancied at around the 1.8 mark. Coloccini is a huge loss, they have missed Ryan Taylor, Perch is injured too. Swansea play good football. Best to stay away for me personally.
Ryan Taylor wasnt in starting for Newcastle before he got injured he had been an usused sub in one game and came on the 2nd half of another. I remember cause i had to transfer him out of my fantasy football team. So not a great miss for Newcastle although he was a useful utility player. Colocinni and Cabaye who was starting to hit his stride are bigger misses. Still the odds have went out to 21/20 on William Hill which is more fairly reasonable against Swansea at home.

Ryan Taylor wasnt in starting for Newcastle before he got injured he had been an usused sub in one game and came on the 2nd half of another. I remember cause i had to transfer him out of my fantasy football team. So not a great miss for Newcastle although he was a useful utility player. Colocinni and Cabaye who was starting to hit his stride are bigger misses. Still the odds have went out to 21/20 on William Hill which is more fairly reasonable against Swansea at home.
They went out in price for a reason, it was one of those keep away from games for me. Newcastle pretty terrible today, Swansea played great stuff. Only positive Newcastle can take was Ben Arfa's game, he was brilliant i thought.

They went out in price for a reason' date=' it was one of those keep away from games for me. Newcastle pretty terrible today, Swansea played great stuff. Only positive Newcastle can take was Ben Arfa's game, he was brilliant i thought.[/quote'] Still think the odds were fair to take the price, but not at 1.83 as they were originally. Just shows how paper thin Newcastles Squad is, if their first 11 (which wouldnt include Ryan Taylor :-D ) isnt fit the men that step in dont seem to be able to deliver.