Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Wigan Athletic (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Another no bet game for me here. Wigan went to White Hart Lane and won, they are capable on their day. At the same time, they are so inconsistent it is hard to have a confident bet on them right now. Liverpool too short at 1.46 for me, Suarez scored today against Chelsea and if he doesn't score, Liverpool will probably end up drawing, they are extremely reliant on him. Another match i might stick into my £5 draw accumulator, no wedge going on this match.

No bet for me as well. Liverpool are just so inconsistent. As are Wigan. I'd say Liverpool are far too short again, and they should be around 1.6 - 1.70 IMO. Wigan are more than capable of getting something here, yet Liverpool are pretty good at grinding out a small win. But if things click, they could still end up hammering any side in the league. Ultimately I just think Wigan aren't that bad a side, and are worth a point here, but Liverpool can't be trusted because its tough to work out when to back them and when to oppose them sometimes.

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Ok here's a stat that has me shaking my head in disbelief :eek In Wigans 5 away games this season there has not been a single 1st half goal. Not one in 5 games. Second half match goals are 11 . (Having said this, they will probably go and score 8 1st half goals this game :wall ) I agree completely that the liverpool price is ridic. Why bet on it when you could choose 4 much better bets : for example (lyon > riems at 1.4, Granada Augsburg at 8/11, valencia > espanyol at 1.5) I think I will also just add two long shot bets to my gambler accumulator. Wigan to win it 1-0 is 18 -1 draw 1-1 is 7 to 1. The more 2nd half goals than 1st half goals in this game is 1/1 even money which is a no brainer for me Neil.

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Sounds like Jase and Aidymac should be opposing Liverpool here based on what they wrote. It doesn't matter if the game is hard to predict, if something is value then you should go for it. I know what you mean though, I feel the same way about the game, I just think that technically if a team is too short it must be worth opposing them, even if the outcome is unclear. It's not as if all the games we think we are confident about predicting always end up the way we think, is it? I think that long term Liverpool would not win this game 69% of the time, so regardless of what happens on Saturday it is the right thing to oppose them.

Both to score = YES @ 1.8 - bet365. The last five head to heads have resulted in both teams scoring here, and I see this as a similar type of contest. Both teams very inconsistent. Liverpool very capable of knocking six past a lot of teams in this league. I think Liverpool do struggle to break down some teams, so while I think they are too short, at the same time I don't think Wigan are one of those sides. They, like Liverpool under Rodgers, will want to play some football, but it's at the back where you wouldn't really ever back them to keep a clean sheet. I think there's a lot of clubs in this league this season that look poor defensively, and it's really Wigan that add to that as they don't tend to play poorly, yet still end up conceding. However with the game likely to be played slightly more openly here as I think Wigan will fancy their chances, there will be greater opportunity for both sides to get on the scoresheet. Wigan have someone in Kone that will trouble this Liverpool defence.

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Hi guys it seems we all agree here that the Liverpool price is stupidly short here, I for one will be opposing them. Wigan are currently 1 point below Pool, won here last season, won their last away game at Tottenham and the last 6 total head to heads between these sides have gone really close - at most being settled by a single goal with a slight advantage to Wigan. Wigan +1.25 AH 1.84@pinnacle

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November I am thinking the same as McGlashan. With Liverpool's inconsistency, lack of depth and reliance on teenagers, it seems highly unlikely that they will beat Wigan by more than 1 (or even at all). For this reason and because Wigan have scored in their last 5 EPL matches (incl. 2 away), I see good value in Wigan +1.25 @ 1.81 and decent value in Wigan +1.5 @ 1.56 (Bovada.lv). Anyone else agree/disagree with this assessment?

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November

I am thinking the same as McGlashan. With Liverpool's inconsistency, lack of depth and reliance on teenagers, it seems highly unlikely that they will beat Wigan by more than 1 (or even at all). For this reason and because Wigan have scored in their last 5 EPL matches (incl. 2 away), I see good value in Wigan +1.25 @ 1.81 and decent value in Wigan +1.5 @ 1.56 (Bovada.lv). Anyone else agree/disagree with this assessment?
I'm hoping for a wigan 1-0 victory at 18-1. I simply cannot see goals in this game. Suarez is a one man team when it comes to scoring, and he has to fail at some stage .... If wigan can go and beat tottenham 1-0 they definitely have the beating of liverpool....

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Saw this on Betfair's analysis page: "After winning seven and losing none of the first nine league meetings with Wigan, Liverpool have won none of the last five (W0 D3 L2). Liverpool have won just three of 15 Premier League games at Anfield in 2012 (W3 D6 L6)." "Luis Suarez has scored or assisted 10 (eight goals, two assists) of Liverpool's 14 Premier League goals this season. Suarez has attempted 53 of Liverpool's 140 shots at goal this season in the Premier League; no player has had a higher proportion of their sides' shots (37.9%)." One man team anyone? What will they do if he picks up an injury?

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November The last 3 seasons Wigan teased Liverpool. Last 2 visits to Anfield has 1 win and 1 draw. And the last 10 matches, The Reds only won 3 times and only with 1 goal. Wigan has 2 wins and 5 draws since 2007. Wigan have played quite well away from home this year. I.a. won 0-1 against Tottenham. I am looking for the best odds on the draw no bet, Wigan.

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Wigan +1.25AH @ 1.83 (Pinnacle) 2.5/10 Once more Liverpool are underpriced. Wigan have won more games than them this season and won at Anfield last season. They also won at White Hart Lane recently. Liverpool still struggle to put their chances away and need a player to play up with Suarez. They have performed well lately but are still a upper-mid-table side in my opinion. Such a side should never be priced this low against a decent Wigan side. Liverpool tend to struggle in these games and raise their game for big games, so I wouldn't read too much into decent performances at Everton and Chelsea. It could be that Rodgers is getting them to turn the corner but until that actually happens I'll continue to oppose Liverpool at these odds. An interesting stat: if you bet on Liverpool in every game this season you would have made a bigger loss than betting on any other team in every game, which proves they are continually underpriced.

Wigan +1.25AH @ 1.83 (Pinnacle) 2.5/10 An interesting stat: if you bet on Liverpool in every game this season you would have made a bigger loss than betting on any other team in every game, which proves they are continually underpriced.
Liverpool at home last season played won win% average price when they won 1.580 draws average draw price 4.3 away win 4 priced at 1.460 goals for goals against [TABLE=width: 98%] [TR] [TD=width: 19%', bgcolor: white]Liverpool[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #DBD4C2]19[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #DBD4C2]6[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #DBD4C2]32%[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #DBD4C2]1.580[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #CFC2D5]9[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #CFC2D5]4.300[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #DBD4C2]4[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #DBD4C2]1.460[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #EDECB7]24[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #EDECB7]16[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #EDECB7]27[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] arsenal had the same average home price as liverpool last season (when they won) and they won 12 games at home ...

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November The Liverpool price is a joke, but at the same time you can see them grinding out a win. Liverpool have been far from convincing but their defence have been solid enough and have kept a lot more potent attacks than wigan at bay in the premiership. Wigan have scored 4 goals away from home in the premiership so far yes Kone can cause problems but it took a set piece for Chelsea to score against them with all their attacking talent, fair dues they played 5 at the back but I see another clean sheet for Liverpool here, and for suarez to keep scoring, Liverpool 1-0 15/2 with betvictor

Re: Liverpool v Wigan Athletic > Saturday 17th November Under 2.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Liverpool have gone under in 4 of their last 5 games, as they have relied on Suarez to score, who has done so in his last three games. Wigan have gone under in 3 of their 5 away games. The under has also been common in their recent meetings with 4 of their last 5 games going under, as both teams like to keep possession, then finding holes in these defences will be difficult. Looks like a low scoring game

Ok here's a stat that has me shaking my head in disbelief :eek In Wigans 5 away games this season there has not been a single 1st half goal. Not one in 5 games. Second half match goals are 11 . (Having said this, they will probably go and score 8 1st half goals this game :wall ) I agree completely that the liverpool price is ridic. Why bet on it when you could choose 4 much better bets : for example (lyon > riems at 1.4, Granada Augsburg at 8/11, valencia > espanyol at 1.5) I think I will also just add two long shot bets to my gambler accumulator. Wigan to win it 1-0 is 18 -1 draw 1-1 is 7 to 1. The more 2nd half goals than 1st half goals in this game is 1/1 even money which is a no brainer for me Neil.

Both to score = YES @ 1.8 - bet365. The last five head to heads have resulted in both teams scoring here, and I see this as a similar type of contest. Both teams very inconsistent. Liverpool very capable of knocking six past a lot of teams in this league. I think Liverpool do struggle to break down some teams, so while I think they are too short, at the same time I don't think Wigan are one of those sides. They, like Liverpool under Rodgers, will want to play some football, but it's at the back where you wouldn't really ever back them to keep a clean sheet. I think there's a lot of clubs in this league this season that look poor defensively, and it's really Wigan that add to that as they don't tend to play poorly, yet still end up conceding. However with the game likely to be played slightly more openly here as I think Wigan will fancy their chances, there will be greater opportunity for both sides to get on the scoresheet. Wigan have someone in Kone that will trouble this Liverpool defence.
Not happening .... Wigan capitulated in the second half...

The Liverpool price is a joke' date=' but at the same time you can see them grinding out a win. Liverpool have been far from convincing but their defence have been solid enough and have kept a lot more potent attacks than wigan at bay in the premiership. Wigan have scored 4 goals away from home in the premiership so far yes Kone can cause problems but it took a set piece for Chelsea to score against them with all their attacking talent, fair dues they played 5 at the back but [b']I see another clean sheet for Liverpool here, and for suarez to keep scoring, Liverpool 1-0 15/2 with betvictor
If you're gonna do a correct score on a Liverpool match you may as well do Suarez on the first to score scorecast..will be looking at this in the weeks to come.

The more 2nd half goals than 1st half goals in this game is 1/1 even money which is a no brainer for me
Finally a NO-BRAINER works :):D . Maybe I gotta stick to more 'NO-BRAINS; stuff......