Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v BSC Young Boys (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Anzhi Makhachkala v Udinese (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) From Football Italia: Udinese have named their squad for the crucial Europa League visit to Samuel Eto’o team Anzhi Makhachkala. The Friulani have gone from top to bottom of Group A after back-to-back defeats against Young Boys, so they are running out of chances to qualify for the next phase of the competition. On Thursday they must visit Dagestan and attempt to get a result that can keep their hopes alive, as a win would put them on a par with current leaders Anzhi. Coach Francesco Guidolin cannot bring along several players who are not on the UEFA list, including Brazilian forward Maicosuel. When these sides met at the Stadio Friuli earlier in the group, it ended 1-1. Udinese squad for Anzhi: Brkic, Padelli, Pawlowski; Armero, Basta, Berra, Coda, Danilo, Domizzi, Heurtaux, Pasquale; Badu, Faraoni, Pereyra, Reinthaller, Willians; Di Natale, Fabbrini, Ranegie, Marsura

Re: Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) 4pts Liverpool (-1) to beat Young Boys 11/10 Betfred Liverpool are always hard to beat at Anfield and having gone to Switzerland with a second string side and won I expect them to do the same here. If anything their side in this match could be stronger than the one which went out to Switzerland that night. Young Boys will do well to defend as badly as they did on that night in this match but having shown defensive deficiencies I find it hard to believe Liverpool won’t enjoy a comfortable night. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-young-boys-betting-liverpool-can-put-one-foot-in-the-knockout-stages-with-second-win-over-young-boys

Shelvey scored twice against YB in the 5-3 win. I think YB will attack, and there will be goals there for Liverpool. If Rodgers sticks with the 'flipped dismond', I think Shelvey could head that up. Also, I seen a suggested line-up that has him as striker, and he did replace Syarez as sub against Wigan. He has tonnes of self confidence this lad, and will try some big prices on him to get amongst the goals. 1pt Shelvey to score 2 or more @21 -Bwin 0.5pts Shelvey to score a hatrick @201 -Bwin Sorry for short write-up, but if Shelvey starts up front, these prices could look massive!!

Re: Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Liverpool vs Young Boys = over (1.67) stake 6/10 Liverpool position 2 ° points 6 Young Boys position 3° points 6 Preview: Liverpool: Injured Lucas Leiva (midfielder 2/0), Fabio Borini (striker 5/0), Martin Kelly (defender 4/0). Young Boys: Injured: Joshua Simpson (midfielder 0/0), Ivan Benito (goalkeeper 0/0), Josef Martinez (striker 5/1); in doubt: Jan Lecjaks (defender 5/1), Christoph Spycher (defender 9/1). Liverpool has a score of w2-d0-l2 goals scored 8 goals against 7 while Young Boys has a score of w2-d0-l2 goals scored 9 goals against 10. The home team is enjoying a revival in the league, won the first leg 3-5 in Switzerland. Greater emphasis on the home team, the visiting team is less effective. With a win, the Reds can qualify with a game to spare if Udinese wins. At the end saw goals scored and conceded by both teams I think of a game full of actions to goals. :hope

Shelvey scored twice against YB in the 5-3 win. I think YB will attack, and there will be goals there for Liverpool. If Rodgers sticks with the 'flipped dismond', I think Shelvey could head that up. Also, I seen a suggested line-up that has him as striker, and he did replace Syarez as sub against Wigan. He has tonnes of self confidence this lad, and will try some big prices on him to get amongst the goals. 1pt Shelvey to score 2 or more @21 -Bwin 0.5pts Shelvey to score a hatrick @201 -Bwin Sorry for short write-up, but if Shelvey starts up front, these prices could look massive!!
Ok so from the reliable Liverpool Echo, looks like Shelvey is up front, albeit in a weakened team. I have doubled my stakes, as well as backing him anytime with Powers @3.75. Prices just wrong. "RENDAN RODGERS is set to push Jonjo Shelvey into a striking role as the manager banks on a much-changed side to overcome Young Boys in the Europa League at Anfield tonight. The Reds will book their place in the knockout stages with a game to spare if they defeat the Swiss side and Udinese fail to beat Anzhi in Moscow. Rodgers is keen to avoid having to take anything from their final Group A clash away to Udinese next month but is wary of his side’s hectic schedule. Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Joe Allen and Raheem Sterling are all expected to be rested ahead of Sunday’s Premier League trip to Swansea City. In Suarez’s absence, midfielder Shelvey, who netted twice in the 5-3 win over Young Boys in September, will be asked to play further forward with Joe Cole and Oussama Assaidi either side of him. Pepe Reina will break Ray Clemence’s club record of most appearances by a goalkeeper in Europe as he starts behind a back four of Andre Wisdom, Martin Skrtel, Jamie Carragher and Stewart Downing, whose presence in the side confirms he won’t be joining Middlesbrough on loan before tonight’s deadline. Jordan Henderson, Nuri Sahin and Suso are expected to line up in midfield. “I will make changes as I have to respect that we’ve got a really busy schedule,” said Rodgers. “The other boys will be there on the bench as support if we need them. We have four games in 10 days, and that’s a big ask to keep the same group of players playing in all of those. “We’ll put out a team we feel can win the game. All being well we’ll get the result and if the other result goes with us, we’ll have navigated our way through the group.” Young Boys are level on six points with the Reds – one adrift of leaders Anzhi - following back to back wins over Udinese. “They have got a threat and can score goals,” added Rodgers. “The way their game is set up they commit a lot of players forward. “It leaves them a wee bit open going the other way and in their league they have struggled a wee bit.'

Re: Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys)

Coach Francesco Guidolin cannot bring along several players who are not on the UEFA list, including Brazilian forward Maicosuel.
Benatia (reg df), Pinzi (reg mf) and Lazzari (reg mf) are injured, while Maicousel and Allan (reg mf) are not on the UEFA list. Probably line up Brkić - Danilo, Domizzi, Coda, Basta - Pereyra, Badu, Willians, Armero - Ranegie, Di Natale Anzi will be only without Lass Diarra (mf). Gabulov - Logashov, Samba, Joao Carlos, Tagirbekov - Boussoufa, Jucilei, Akhmedov, Zhirkov - Eto'o, Traore

Re: Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Liverpool have a tough game against swansea at the weekend, although they will be going all out against young boys to secure promotion as their last game of the group is away to udinese, I expect them to win comfortably although 2/5 does not appeal too much.. although Suarez will not be starting. Henderson and Gerard in midfield with shelvey, Assiaidi and cole up front.. shelvey anytime: 11/4 over3.5: 6/4 Liverpool -1: 11/10

Re: Group A > 22 November (Anzhi, Liverpool. Udinese, Young Boys) Liverpool - Young Boys over 3.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Expect goals in this game, even though Liverpool had a weakened line up in the reverse fixture, they ended up winning 5-3. Both teams are second in their group with 6 points so they will be both going for the win, and especially YB, they play a very open game, as they have lost 2-0 at Anzhi, won 3-1 at home to Udinese and then won 3-2 away to Udinese, while Liverpool lost 3-1 at home to Udinese.

Great write up. Unfortunately I can only see 40/1 available (at Will Hill) for the hat trick, so not so tempting!

"Captain Steven Gerrard and top scorer Luis Suarez are likely to feature, with the Reds in a strong position to qualify for the knockout stage." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20336195
This is the team apparently (and what I have based my bets on)

-------------------Reina------------------- --Wisdom--Skrtel--Carragher--Downing ----------------Henderson---------------- -------------------Sahin------------------ -------------------Suso------------------- ----Cole------------------------Assaidi--- ------------------Shelvey-----------------

Liverpool - Young Boys over 3.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Expect goals in this game, even though Liverpool had a weakened line up in the reverse fixture, they ended up winning 5-3. Both teams are second in their group with 6 points so they will be both going for the win, and especially YB, they play a very open game, as they have lost 2-0 at Anzhi, won 3-1 at home to Udinese and then won 3-2 away to Udinese, while Liverpool lost 3-1 at home to Udinese.
Congrats Blackcrow! A Straight Flush today! 4 wins out of 4 picks! :clap

Liverpool vs Young Boys = over (1.67) stake 6/10 Liverpool position 2 ° points 6 Young Boys position 3° points 6 Preview: Liverpool: Injured Lucas Leiva (midfielder 2/0), Fabio Borini (striker 5/0), Martin Kelly (defender 4/0). Young Boys: Injured: Joshua Simpson (midfielder 0/0), Ivan Benito (goalkeeper 0/0), Josef Martinez (striker 5/1); in doubt: Jan Lecjaks (defender 5/1), Christoph Spycher (defender 9/1). Liverpool has a score of w2-d0-l2 goals scored 8 goals against 7 while Young Boys has a score of w2-d0-l2 goals scored 9 goals against 10. The home team is enjoying a revival in the league, won the first leg 3-5 in Switzerland. Greater emphasis on the home team, the visiting team is less effective. With a win, the Reds can qualify with a game to spare if Udinese wins. At the end saw goals scored and conceded by both teams I think of a game full of actions to goals. :hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHH :ok

Ok so from the reliable Liverpool Echo, looks like Shelvey is up front, albeit in a weakened team. I have doubled my stakes, as well as backing him anytime with Powers @3.75. Prices just wrong. "RENDAN RODGERS is set to push Jonjo Shelvey into a striking role as the manager banks on a much-changed side to overcome Young Boys in the Europa League at Anfield tonight. The Reds will book their place in the knockout stages with a game to spare if they defeat the Swiss side and Udinese fail to beat Anzhi in Moscow. Rodgers is keen to avoid having to take anything from their final Group A clash away to Udinese next month but is wary of his side’s hectic schedule. Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Joe Allen and Raheem Sterling are all expected to be rested ahead of Sunday’s Premier League trip to Swansea City. In Suarez’s absence, midfielder Shelvey, who netted twice in the 5-3 win over Young Boys in September, will be asked to play further forward with Joe Cole and Oussama Assaidi either side of him. Pepe Reina will break Ray Clemence’s club record of most appearances by a goalkeeper in Europe as he starts behind a back four of Andre Wisdom, Martin Skrtel, Jamie Carragher and Stewart Downing, whose presence in the side confirms he won’t be joining Middlesbrough on loan before tonight’s deadline. Jordan Henderson, Nuri Sahin and Suso are expected to line up in midfield. “I will make changes as I have to respect that we’ve got a really busy schedule,” said Rodgers. “The other boys will be there on the bench as support if we need them. We have four games in 10 days, and that’s a big ask to keep the same group of players playing in all of those. “We’ll put out a team we feel can win the game. All being well we’ll get the result and if the other result goes with us, we’ll have navigated our way through the group.” Young Boys are level on six points with the Reds – one adrift of leaders Anzhi - following back to back wins over Udinese. “They have got a threat and can score goals,” added Rodgers. “The way their game is set up they commit a lot of players forward. “It leaves them a wee bit open going the other way and in their league they have struggled a wee bit.'
Well we got the fancy prices, didn't get the reward though. Anytime went from 3.75 > 2.75 2+ went from 21 > 11 Hatrick from 201 > 67 Young Boys getting the first equaliser meant that Suarez took over up top, so were up against it from there. Made some profit on the anytime scorer, but even a 2nd would of paid for Xmas. Ah well, we keep trying.....