Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November

Aidymac

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November *10 Points Sunderland +1 AH @ EVENS Bet365* Although Sunderland have been very poor this season, they have only lost by more than 1 goal once this season, and once since last April actually, and that was away to Manchester City. Martin O'Neill always makes his side a tough unit to break down away from home, as proven when he got a 0-0 draw at Arsenal, 2-2 draw at Swansea, 1-1 draw at West Ham and a 0-0 at Stoke. Everton are deserved favourite's here, but i don't see them as 1/2 shots. They have a funny habit of giving away sloppy goals, like against Fulham, Newcastle and Wigan. Everton destroyed Fulham last weekend, and only have themselves to blame for not walking away with the spoils, and that result might have deflated them a small bit, because it was the best they played all season. All in all, Sunderland, who are struggling bigtime for goals, are still defensively a solid unit, and i think the right bet is the +1AH, with money refunded if Everton win by a goal.

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Goodison Park is a place where Sunderland rarely get anything. Last season there was the brave 1-1 draw in the FA Cup, but then a 4-0 defeat followed the next month. Everton are traditionally Sunderland's bogey team, especially recently. Can't see Sunderland even scoring after the past few performances and I'm sure Everton will manage to get a couple. Everton -1 handicap 6/4 @ Various

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Everton have taken sunderland to the cleaners in this fixture in the last 7 seasons. Last 4 league games between the two at Goodison, Sunderland have not scored a goal, and have conceded 11. Sunderlands away form is dismal, not winning a game on the road this season. They haven't won in their last 12 away games, but do draw many games (7 out of 12). They should be a tougher nut to crack under O'neill . The home odds are not fantastic 4/9 so the asian does seem the way to go. Neil.

I can't see Sunderland getting anything here as Everton usually play a good game against Sunderland. Not sure what's happened at Sunderland as Steven Fletcher and Adam Johnson did seem to have an immediate impact earlier in the season but right now they look poor in all departments. Everton usually concede when they're priced so short, but I can easily see them steam rolling Sunderland because for all the organisation MON supposedly gives their back four, they still look like conceding.

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Even Everton isn't a top-four team,they are performing very good.i whatched them few times and i was impressed from them.Fellaini is flyng now and after 4 consecutives draws it's time to win for "Toffies". on the other side Sunderland is preforming booring as always.i hate their poor style play.always closed game.Only Fletcher to score. sure O'Neill will parke the bus,no doubt,and it could be the biggest problems for Everton who sometimes have problems against this king of team! Everton usullay has great results at home against Sunderland,so they story could continue here. what do you think?which stake for us (if you agree whit me)?

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Both sides have a lot to prove here! Everton need to start finishing sides off and Sunderland need to start creating more chances and scoring . Therefore I can see nothing but goals in this game because both sides dont have the best defenses. For me they both give away too many chances. Over 2.5 goals - 8 points

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November

*10 Points Sunderland +1 AH @ EVENS Bet365* Although Sunderland have been very poor this season, they have only lost by more than 1 goal once this season, and once since last April actually, and that was away to Manchester City. Martin O'Neill always makes his side a tough unit to break down away from home, as proven when he got a 0-0 draw at Arsenal, 2-2 draw at Swansea, 1-1 draw at West Ham and a 0-0 at Stoke. Everton are deserved favourite's here, but i don't see them as 1/2 shots. They have a funny habit of giving away sloppy goals, like against Fulham, Newcastle and Wigan. Everton destroyed Fulham last weekend, and only have themselves to blame for not walking away with the spoils, and that result might have deflated them a small bit, because it was the best they played all season. All in all, Sunderland, who are struggling bigtime for goals, are still defensively a solid unit, and i think the right bet is the +1AH, with money refunded if Everton win by a goal.
I completely agree! Everton are on great form, Sunderland's form is very poor but even so that doesn't justify the odds. Sunderland have a lot to prove, they have a good manager and there's a good chance they will come out of their poor run sooner or later. They are also generally a side who are hard to break down. I have taken Sunderland +1.25AH @ 1.88 with 188bet, 5/10 stake. I think that is a great price because even if Everton do win the game there is a good chance it will only be by one goal. Short term trends show this to be an easy game for Everton but football isn't that simple, if you look at the long term then even if Everton are considered to be a side with a realistic chance of achieving CL football playing against a solidly mid-table side, then the price on them is still too short.

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November First of all very very poor odds for home team - how does it come we get only 1.47 for Everton ? Last time bookies gave such low odds when Toffiees played against Soton (1.39 for home team). I mean - can we compare these two teams Black Cats and Saints ? IMO Oneill is way better and more experienced manager than Adkins - thats 1st thing. Another is Fletcher, who has somehow forgotten how to score goals but remember, he is still a good and dangerous forward. Black Cats without a goal in 3 matches in a row (0-0Stoke, 0-1Boro, 0-1AV) and this is the time for them to come on the field and finally score some. Rubish odds for Moyes's team so Im going for away win with DNB cause this gives amazing value. Everton - Sunderland 2 dnb @ 6.50 2/10 Coral Btw would like to invite people to take a peek on my EPL blog : http://kylu88picks.blogspot.com

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Its pretty obvious that the 1x2 odds does not represent any value... at least before the kick-off. I was just looking at the goals' timing table and noticed that Everton's goal difference for the minutes between 20 - 45 is 10 - 2 (5 - 1 at home) http://soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england. Before the game the chance for Everton to win at HT is rated 1.99, efbet . With 20 minutes gone and no goals, the odds for Everton to win@HT would move closer to 2.50 - 60 and that's when I see value betting with small stakes. Currently Everton have won 2 first halves and drawn the other 2. So when the 20th minute comes I'll try to find some good Everton 0 (pk) odds. That's just something to bear in mind for those of you who like to bet on live games. Other good option here is "only Everton to score" @ 2.20, , but since they tend to concede goals I think it's not worthed relying only on the Black cats poor attacking form.

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Personally, I wouldn’t touch Sunderland in this game. Last week they were quite awful against a quite awful Aston Villa side, loosing at home 1-0. Everton on the other hand, were rampant at Fulham and should have won the game – scoring 2 goals against a home defence that had 3 PL clean sheets in their recent home matches. Goodison Park is a tough place to go at the best of times and somewhere statistically that Sunderland traditionally struggle. I can’t see anything than an emphatic home win. Martin O’Neil likes to keep his teams tightly organised, but watching Everton lately and the way they play, I cannot see how Sunderland can keep them out (Everton have scored 11 goals in their last 5 home games!). Evertonians are buzzing about their side at the moment and will be well up for this game – quite simply, they are playing sublime football and if it wasn’t for 4 straight draws in their previous games (3 aways and a derby) they’d probably be second in the table. Prediction: 2-0 I’ll go for anytime goal scorer Marouane Fellaini – 2.75 @ Bet365

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Fellaini was wonderful in last game against Fulham, as well as whole team. They should have won that game. The odds might not be so great for the home team, but at this moment I think the better side is Everton by far and they should nick this one.

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November As a Sunderland fan, I cant fault anyone anyone going against us today really, we seem to be devoid of ideas at the moment, our major players (Sess, Johnson, McClean) have not clicked yet this season, Fletcher although having not scored recently has still done well, trying to get into games but it seems he's had to do alot himself (the proof being he is our only real scorer this season). One area we are really missing it seems is a commanding midfielder to control the centre of play, I dont actually mind Cattermole compared to some but he's just not that player for us. Despite this, we are not conceding too many, and Mignolet in goals continues to do well. If I was going to look at any prices today it would be Everton to win by a goal, as I think they will win, but we will keep it tight as we usually do

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Evertons home form has been decent with 4 wins and 2 draws, they were unlucky not to beat fulham last weekend and did play very well but it was a soft equaliser to give away. Sunderlands away form hasnt been terrible, although they havnt won they have only lost 1 in 5. 5 out of sunderlands last 6 games have went under 2.5, I think Martin O'Neil would take a point here and will set his team up to make it tough for everton, and mentioned above when they concede it's generally not a cricket score. Everton will probably have too much but too short on the outright for me so i'll look at other markets. The +1 sunderland on the asian handicap looks appealing Everton to win to nil @ 6/5 Everton to win 1-0 @ 9/2

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November Everton -1.5 @ 2.29 pinnacle Everton have had four successive draws as not only have they been scoring goals, with at least two goals scored in 6 of their last 7 games, but they have been conceding goals in these games as well. However they face a Sunderland side that has scored just two goals in their last 5 games so they may have problems scoring at Goodison Park, while they have conceded in 6 of their last 8 EPL games, and did lose 3-0 at Man City last month. They have a poor record at Everton, having allowed at least two goals in their last 5 visits there (total of 18 goals) while they have scored just once. Given that Everton have probably their best side in recent years and Sunderland continues to struggle to score goals, then like Everton to win this game comfortably

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November

*10 Points Sunderland +1 AH @ EVENS Bet365* Although Sunderland have been very poor this season, they have only lost by more than 1 goal once this season, and once since last April actually, and that was away to Manchester City. Martin O'Neill always makes his side a tough unit to break down away from home, as proven when he got a 0-0 draw at Arsenal, 2-2 draw at Swansea, 1-1 draw at West Ham and a 0-0 at Stoke. Everton are deserved favourite's here, but i don't see them as 1/2 shots. They have a funny habit of giving away sloppy goals, like against Fulham, Newcastle and Wigan. Everton destroyed Fulham last weekend, and only have themselves to blame for not walking away with the spoils, and that result might have deflated them a small bit, because it was the best they played all season. All in all, Sunderland, who are struggling bigtime for goals, are still defensively a solid unit, and i think the right bet is the +1AH, with money refunded if Everton win by a goal.
Many thanks Aidaymac! I followed you but took Sunderland +1.25AH, won half & stake returned. I'll take it everytime

Re: Everton v Sunderland > Saturday 10th November My post was, as it usually is recently, way off the mark. I apologise. I think most people were expecting a rout today(even Sunderland fans) but they put up a decent performance. Credit to Aidy for the good call. Look, Everton were poor today. I don't think we deserved a draw, nevermind the win. In the past I think I've been fair in regards to our chances but this season I may have been a little over optimistic. Despite the win I don't think anyone can back Everton with any degree of confidence in future, despite the form we're in. Not until we start putting chances away anyway. We got very lucky today despite not being under much pressure, it was a smash and grab. I think in certain terms Jase is right about Everton getting these crazy stats because we tend to go behind first, bar a couple of results. The last 6 games we've conceeded the first goal, while we've come back and shown resilience, it's just not good enough to back Everton at such short odds. At home I would be very wary of backing us at the odds that were on offer todat. If I'm honest though, we've been like that for a few years. Bookies tend to overrate us at home for some reason or other, I'd love someone to explain to me why? With three relatively easy games coming up, bar Arsenal of course(they can be anything on their day or off day) it would be easy to lump for Everton. I'm not sure though, we've relied heavily on Fellaini and now with Mirallas out(heavily limping final whistle) it only really leaves us with a left hand side. I'm not trying to put you off but more give you some insight to how an injury to a player as important as Mirallas will affect us. On games played Everton should be 4 points better off but at the end of the day we're not going to stay up there forever, we will struggle to replace injured players and that might be where the value lies with bookies because they do tend to overrate us for these home games. I hope this post has made a little sense to some people ;)