** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v Málaga (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.24[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Anderlecht v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Milan - Malaga I think the odds are good on Milan. After losing away to Malaga they played really well in Serie A. In their last 2 games they were losing 0-2 to Palermo and managed to came back with a 2-2 draw, and on the weekend destroyed Chievo 5-1. Malaga are playing well at home, and the fact that they beat Anderlecht (who I consider to be the weakest team in the group) away does not mean much in my opinion. They are on top with 9 points and it will remain that way regardless of an outcome of this fixture. Beating Anderlecht away is one thing, but playing against Milan at San Siro is completely different. Milan @ 2.10 William Hill

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Unlike Mustafa i'm not convinced with Milan just yet and to me the price on Malaga seems a little high so it could be worth looking for opportunities on the handicaps / double chance markets. Despite Milans big win on the weekend, there are still a lot of concerns for me about them defensively and if Malaga can match the quality of performance from the earlier match in this one then they will no doubt be able to trouble Milan. Milan will be fine in matches such as this weekend where the opposition sit back and so have no pressure on the defence but in any game this season where a team has tried to attack they will struggle and always look ropey. The Palermo match in midweek was the most recent example of that , where they went down 2-0 and couldn’t cope with the movement of 33 year old Franco Brienza. Isco, Joaquin, Iturra and Saviola will all produce good movement and are very good in possession and these are the kind of things Milan have trouble dealing with. The likes of Bonera, Yepes and Mexes in central defence are nowhere near as good when opponents keep the ball on the ground than when it’s in the air. Abate is still defensively weak and will leave huge amounts of space in behind him, as does Antonini on the other flank. In fact he’s been out the last couple of games and we’ve seen Constant playing out of position on the left to cover. He’s more defensively minded but has looked sluggish and not overly comfortable in this role. With a four pronged attack that Allegri now employs it does leave the central midfield position pretty light as well. Montolivo can hold his position but is no great tackler, so it often leaves just the one man (either De Jong or Ambrosini) protecting defence. Given how Malaga play and the amount of players in midfield who are happy to join in with forward moves they could be out numbered in midfield and out thought in defence. Malaga were pretty impressive in the previous tie, better in possession than Milan and missed a number of chances to improve on their lead. There away results are pretty good this season with just one defeat in 5, and that was courtesy of a 90th min own goal away against Athletico Madrid.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Zenit to play with: Anderlecht - away, Malaga - home, Milan - away Anderlecht to play with: Zenit - home, Milan - home, Malaga - away Zenit got back Igor Denisov from second team, also Danni returned to the team, but they lost Hulk for 2 weeks. Denisov will add a lot of strength in the midfield, so I think that Zenit won't concede more than 2 goals against Anderlecht. Zenit's now is in the "must win" situation after loosing Milan at home. So Spaletti's team will be very-very highly motivated to win in Belgium. In the match Zenit-Anderlecht belgium team has 1-1,5 moments to score and Anderlecht scored just 1 goal in three matches this year in CL. So I'm sure that Anderlecht won't score more than 2 this match. I expect that it will be very fast opened match cause both teams really HAVE to win this day. So my choice will be: both to score@1,79 Betfair Milan - Malaga I don't know details, but I read that Malaga has an awful finance situation, maybe this is the main reason of loosing against Rayo 1-2 this weekend. But Malaga has 9 points and a game against Zenit at home and non-scoring Anderlecht away, so loosing on San Siro won't be a problem for them. Milan has a game against Zenit at home where they can earn 3 points without problems, so draw will be a good result for Italians, but off course they will want to win. Very hard match to make a bet, because we really don't know the situation in Malaga, but I think now about going on: lesser than 3,5@1,36 Betfair Waiting for more info from Spanish league fans.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Zenit have a really rubbish away record in the CL and are missing their record signing Hulk here. They did beat the Belgians last time but it was nowhere near convincing, they just did enough with Kerzakov converting the winning penalty. After this good display, and a brave draw in Italy, Anderlecht know a win is required if they want European football after Christmas. 2.8 at various firms looks nice. Milan have looked better in their last couple of outings but there is still big concerns over the defense for me. With Malaga playign surprisingly well in their debut season, I see some value on backing the Spanish. However with questions over Milan I would rather look for goals here and choose over 2.5 at 1.95 with Bet365.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) I hate when I see someone compare games. Milan couldn't stop 33 old Brienza so I can tell you Malaga couldn't stop 31 yeard old Piti from Vallecano did someone heard for this player I doubt that. Constant is not comfortable with his new position??? In which game you saw that because he played very good on that position. Malaga have financial trouble which reflected on saturday game, they are inexperienced team first time they play in CL and I can't see them winning at san siro no way. Value is on Milan here

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Personally, I don't think that Hulk got injured. I was watching the game and he stepped down to take a corner, looked on his bench and suddenly fell down, like he got punched in the leg. Minutes after that Denisov came in and of course, Zenit won 2/1 with 94th minute goal because nobody from Krylia Sovetov wanted to jump and stop the scorer. Hulk's transfer made a great impact on the team. It is obvious that nobody in the team likes him. Fans started to dislike him as well because Zenit is not playing the way they are expercting in CL. I believe that Hulk was put aside for the next two games for reasons. Everyone who watched Zenit - Anderlecht game knows that Anderlecht was 5 times better team on the field and that Zenit, mostly because of Hulk issues. There one was funny situation in situation in game where Hulk was raising his arms to Kerzhakov to pass him the ball and Kerzhakov ignored it. Two minutes after that Hulk was running forward and Kerzhakov was completely alone on the left side, raising his hands and yelling on Hulk to pass him the ball. Hulk of course ignored the request and lost the ball afterwards. English speakerman said something like : Kerzhakov is asking to the ball but no way that he is going to get it in a million years. So Zenit is fixing their problem by taking Hulk out of the squad for these two important weeks. We wont see the same Zenit that played against Anderlecht and won, God knows how, with 1-0 score. This team will be compact and eager to prove that they can do well without Hulk. Great motivation for Slovenian people who would die on field only to prove that they are right. On the other side we have Anderlecht who is playing better in domestic league. They are yet to score in CL and they have the power to do it. As well as I wrote in EPL section 2 days ago for Liverpool - Newcastle game, BTS is the safest bet for this match that I can think of.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Malaga has no luxury to play mixed squads. Players have passed the worst part, first 3 games in CL that earned them maximum of 9 points. They are tired and they need a break. They are fully aware that by beating Anderlecht at home they will be in second phase. There is absolutely no need to die on field against Milan who looks pretty solid even since that loss to Inter. In my opinion, bookies are holding Milan near evens for reason. It is just a trick. If Milan dropped to 1.75, not many of you would consider backing Malaga with double chance. Milan around 2 is generous. I believe that price will drop to 1.85 during the day.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Milan v Malaga I would bet on a Milan win here. Since Milan beat Cagliari 2-0 (26/09) they have lost 3 games which were against Inter 0-1 (well in form), Lazio 2-3 (tough away game) and the previous CL match against Malaga 0-1. These were all tough fixtures and it's not right to write off Milan because of this. Furthermore, in the weekend they gained major confidence beating Chievo 5-1. Of course Chievo isn't much of a challenge, but the point is that they definitely should've gained confidence scoring 5 goals in 1 game. Last but not least, they will be very motivated playing at home with their own supporters cheering them on. On top of that this is a very important match to win if they want to stay ahead of Zenit. If Milan is ever going to step up in this group then it will be now against a very comfortable Malaga squad who is almost certain of qualification.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP)

Unlike Mustafa i'm not convinced with Milan just yet and to me the price on Malaga seems a little high so it could be worth looking for opportunities on the handicaps / double chance markets. Despite Milans big win on the weekend, there are still a lot of concerns for me about them defensively and if Malaga can match the quality of performance from the earlier match in this one then they will no doubt be able to trouble Milan. Milan will be fine in matches such as this weekend where the opposition sit back and so have no pressure on the defence but in any game this season where a team has tried to attack they will struggle and always look ropey. The Palermo match in midweek was the most recent example of that , where they went down 2-0 and couldn’t cope with the movement of 33 year old Franco Brienza. Isco, Joaquin, Iturra and Saviola will all produce good movement and are very good in possession and these are the kind of things Milan have trouble dealing with. The likes of Bonera, Yepes and Mexes in central defence are nowhere near as good when opponents keep the ball on the ground than when it’s in the air. Abate is still defensively weak and will leave huge amounts of space in behind him, as does Antonini on the other flank. In fact he’s been out the last couple of games and we’ve seen Constant playing out of position on the left to cover. He’s more defensively minded but has looked sluggish and not overly comfortable in this role. With a four pronged attack that Allegri now employs it does leave the central midfield position pretty light as well. Montolivo can hold his position but is no great tackler, so it often leaves just the one man (either De Jong or Ambrosini) protecting defence. Given how Malaga play and the amount of players in midfield who are happy to join in with forward moves they could be out numbered in midfield and out thought in defence. Malaga were pretty impressive in the previous tie, better in possession than Milan and missed a number of chances to improve on their lead. There away results are pretty good this season with just one defeat in 5, and that was courtesy of a 90th min own goal away against Athletico Madrid.
I see many reports Allegri will field a 4-2-3-1 with possible: Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Mexes, Constant; Ambrosini, Montolivo; Emanuelson, Bojan, El Shaarawy; Pato.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) Can Malaga score here? Yes. And if so is milan stzrong enough to come back vs. a malaga squad that doesnt concede much? I dont understand how people can be so enthusiastic about this price on a team that just delivered for the last two games. Would it be a surprise if malaga takes a draw back home. 1:1 ? Dont think so. These Milan players never never delivered under high pressure. Just let two offensive players have a rather bad day and Milan will be in trouble. Defense is still not world class. Malaga can trouble them. Maybe malaga has payment problems but then the you want to go into next round and show off in cl league. I would not overate Malaga weekend performance as they surely had milan in their heads.

Malaga has no luxury to play mixed squads. Players have passed the worst part, first 3 games in CL that earned them maximum of 9 points. They are tired and they need a break. They are fully aware that by beating Anderlecht at home they will be in second phase. There is absolutely no need to die on field against Milan who looks pretty solid even since that loss to Inter. In my opinion, bookies are holding Milan near evens for reason. It is just a trick. If Milan dropped to 1.75, not many of you would consider backing Malaga with double chance. Milan around 2 is generous. I believe that price will drop to 1.85 during the day.
Agree and disagree.... First part of the post does not look right to me. At this level no professional player should be tired so early in the season, unless spending the summer on the beaches only. So that is not an issue at all. Malaga players are all very fit and strong, period. Die on the field? Also not an issue. No need to die. The team is with ( again ) professionals, who are going out tonight to get their job done in the best possible way. Malaga have a great Manager with experience in CL who knows what to to. For the record I still think Villareal were robbed in the Semi vs Arsenal, could have made it to the Final. Winning at home vs Anderlecht seems an easy task - the ease with which Malaga beat them in Belgium was scary. Still, in football nothing is for granted. I expect Malaga to go out tonight with one thought only - not to lose. Milan a solid team? Where, how, when? Which was their solid game so far in CL? Malaga can frustrate them for a very long period, and that's danger... I do agree though that this price on AC Milan to win looks weird, way too high for a team with such a CL history. Milan have improved in Serie A, but will they be good enough to go further... The options forward are good, which on a good day should be good enough... I want Milan to win, but no way I can trust them because they scored 5 against Chievo !!?? If their form is on the rise for another 2-3 weeks, I would back them for long periods, yet it is too early to say. No bet for me, if pushed - I would go for Cards, as I expect a tight and hard start from Malaga... GL

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) like the odds on milan tonight even if they are playing nowhere near there best at the moment, they have been slowley building up there sevarley damaged confidence and tonight i think with milan improving game by game against a malaga side who (IMO) are starting to drop off from there excellent early form that anything over evs is value on the home team. MY PICK MILAN @6/5 PADDY POWER

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) *Anderlecht WIN @ 2.82 Betfair* I really think Anderlecht are a good price against Zenit personally. I watched the away leg in Zenit, and Anderlecht were the better side and didn't deserve to lose. At just under 2/1, i think there is value to be had, as Zenit are just not that convinving for me. Anderlecht are no world-beaters either, but the price is definately backable for me.

The biggest questions for Milan - Malaga game is: can Malaga score on San Siro? I believe they can't and I find great value in odds offered for Milan to win to nil.
I dont want to get you off your bet but keep in mind Chievo, Atalanta, Sampdoria and Inter scored at san siro. Away from home they received a goal in every game the last 7 games..

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) AC Milan vs Malaga - Under 2.5 goals 1.86 @ Betfair - Malaga have been solid defensively this season conceding only 7 goals in 10 games in La Liga and have not conceded in 5 games in the Champions League if you include the play-off round. They have scored 14 goals in 10 La Liga games this season meaning that in their 10 La Liga games there has been 21 goals (14 scored 7 conceded) which gives an average of only 2.1 goals per game. Milan are not the side they once were particularly going forward and although they still have some quality players like El Sharaawy, Pato, Boateng etc. i think they will find it hard against a solid Malaga defence and tbh i can see this game ending 0-0 or maybe even Malaga nicking it 1-0. But to play it safe i am backing under 2.5 goals at what i think is a generous price. Milan like a lot of Italian teams are generally quite defensive and i can't see many if any goals in this game and am tempted to back under 1.5 goals @ 3.6 but will play cautiously and back under 2.5 goals @ 1.86

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) I think a draw will suit both teams here, then Milan will give their all against Zenit. Also I suppose it will be important factor, news coming eventually from Anderlecht, so I think it is wise to bet on under; even if I never bet on goals or total. Also x first half should deliver.

Re: Group C > Nov 6 (Malaga, AC Milan, Anderlecht, Zenit SP) why are people so quick to jump on milan - Malaga have scored 7 conceded 0 in the competition so far! 3-0 home to zenit. 3-0 away to anderlecht 1-0 home to milan?? why is there so much confidence on milan? a game i probably wont touch, maybe put my free £50 in play on Malaga. Wont be going near AC Milan though. Not even half the quality they have had in previous years! Anyway my bet is on Zenit away they have scored 6 let in 3 ... andelecht have let in 4 with none scored. Price is too big for Zenit at 8/5 here. £50 on gives me my free in play bet- unsure where this will be going yet though, maybe Schalke win or Malaga win GL :cigar

*Anderlecht WIN @ 2.82 Betfair* I really think Anderlecht are a good price against Zenit personally. I watched the away leg in Zenit, and Anderlecht were the better side and didn't deserve to lose. At just under 2/1, i think there is value to be had, as Zenit are just not that convinving for me. Anderlecht are no world-beaters either, but the price is definately backable for me.
:beer Well done winners.

Zenit have a really rubbish away record in the CL and are missing their record signing Hulk here. They did beat the Belgians last time but it was nowhere near convincing' date=' they just did enough with Kerzakov converting the winning penalty. After this good display, and a brave draw in Italy, Anderlecht know a win is required if they want European football after Christmas. [b']2.8 at various firms looks nice. Milan have looked better in their last couple of outings but there is still big concerns over the defense for me. With Malaga playign surprisingly well in their debut season, I see some value on backing the Spanish. However with questions over Milan I would rather look for goals here and choose over 2.5 at 1.95 with Bet365.
Anderlecht win:ok Milan-Malaga one goal off, only loser of the night so not too bad!