Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November

staffy

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November *Swansea WIN @ 5.2 Betfair* I saw enough from Swansea at the Etihad last weekend to think they have a live chance of beating Chelsea at home next weekend. Chelsea have hit a bad run of form, having lost 2-1 at Shakhtar in the champions league, and losing 3-2 at home to Manchester United yesterday in the league, where 2 chelsea players saw red cards, Ivanovic and Torres. Swansea had numerous chances away to Man City to get a result from the match, and i think they will feel this is a good time to be playing Chelsea. They were better defensively than they have been all season against City, which is also a positive, as i am sure a lot of people expected City to put at least 3 past them, but it only finished 1-0, and a hard earned 1-0 at that. Chelsea could be feeling sorry for themselves after a couple of decisions that were not just, Torres did not deserve red, and Hernandez was offside for the winning goal, and it will be interesting to see how Chelsea react to that game. All in all, i think 5.2 is a nice price for Swansea who are starting to play like they did at the start of the season.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Don't know if you watched the whole City v Swansea game or just the highlights Aidymac :eek It was more a case of City playing safe, boring, little chances created type of game rather than good Swans defending.. Though Swansea did create few nice opportunities, they don't have a quality goalscorer, for all the possession and chances they manufacture. First choice GK Vorm is out for quite a while, so I can't see the home side keeping a clean sheet against a wounded animal in Chelsea next week.. I think Chelsea have more than enough quality to take points from this game, Torres is no big miss. I will do a more detailed write-up, but Chelsea win around 1.8 is good value IMO

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November I thought Chelsea a) done well to get back in the game and b) still caused a few problems when they went down to 10 and even 9 men. Of course we're not talking about the greatest united defence but then neither do swansea. Man city have been scraping through quite a few games and could have been forgiven for letting their heads drop after the european disappointment, im sure swansea we're thinking they couldnt have picked a better time to play them.. and lost so im not reading too much into the city game. They concede too many goals but have also got decent players like michu, routledge and hernandez who could cause Chelsea problems. Overs and an away win look like a good bets to me @ 8/13

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November

I thought Chelsea a) done well to get back in the game and b) still caused a few problems when they went down to 10 and even 9 men. Of course we're not talking about the greatest united defence but then neither do swansea. Man city have been scraping through quite a few games and could have been forgiven for letting their heads drop after the european disappointment, im sure swansea we're thinking they couldnt have picked a better time to play them.. and lost so im not reading too much into the city game. They concede too many goals but have also got decent players like michu, routledge and hernandez who could cause Chelsea problems. Overs and an away win look like a good bets to me @ 8/13
I Agree with uou 100%. Swansea have a limited goal threat that works against lesser sides. Against the top teams you need extra skill to create and score . They don't seem to have this 6th gear/level (call it what you like). Chelsea to bounce back. Too strong for swansea at a great price. 8/11 for the chelsea win 8/11 for the over 2.5 goals. Swansea have played 5 games had 5 matches over 2.5 goals at home this season. I like them both Neil.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November I thought Chelsea looked woeful against Shakhtar last week. And they certainly started very poorly against United, but between United's second goal and Torres' red card I felt they dominated the game and did so in some fashion. They created a tonne of chances and attacked at will. It may seem a touch biased because I'm a Chelsea fan, but it's just my opinion. I just don't think Chelsea are out of form just yet, they played some great football against United and continued to do so with 10 men. But once they were down to 9 it became almost impossible. Having said that, such a big price on Swansea at home could be tempting. Chelsea have another big game against United tomorrow and if they don't get a result, then I think it's fair to say they are in a bit of trouble. It may really harm their confidence and set them up to be picked off by the Swans. As it stands though, I think Chelsea have enough quality and depth in the squad to pick themselves up and get the results against United and Swans.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Hi CFC, I just curious as to what you think of de Mattaeo as a manager. At WBA he was so out of his league. They were in huge trouble and then Roy Hodgson took over and sorted things out. At Chelsea he has had a fantastic start ( Look, the Euro cup was very lucky, Messi missing the penalty , and Barcelona and Bayern should each have won. Fair enough, you need some luck :) What really impressed me in the game with Barcelona was the never say die attitude . They may be a bunch of cry-babies with Mark Clappenburg :lol but it seems as though they are mentally strong. My feeling is that deMatteo has been riding his luck, and does not really understand defense. This gets papered over because of fantastic athletes / players, and scoring lots of goals ... Neil.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November I'm far from an expert on managers Neil, but I'm definitely a fan of Di Matteo. Sure he has plenty of learning to do, he is young and relatively new to the managerial side of things - but the players have responded to him since taking charge, and that's the key factor for me. Chelsea have a very talented squad and it takes a decent manager to inspire them, take charge and get them playing as a team - something I think Di Matteo has done very well. I think the defensive side of things certainly needs improvement, but we could be here for hours discussing how to improve different aspects of the side (probably not a great idea since that's not what this thread is for). As for last season - we certainly rode our luck, not many Chelsea fans will argue that one. It's a new season though, with some excellent additions to the squad, and with a bit more work on the training ground, I'm sure you'll see Chelsea finishing a little higher then 6th this season.

Hi CFC, I just curious as to what you think of de Mattaeo as a manager. At WBA he was so out of his league. They were in huge trouble and then Roy Hodgson took over and sorted things out. At Chelsea he has had a fantastic start ( Look, the Euro cup was very lucky, Messi missing the penalty , and Barcelona and Bayern should each have won. Fair enough, you need some luck :) What really impressed me in the game with Barcelona was the never say die attitude . They may be a bunch of cry-babies with Mark Clappenburg :lol but it seems as though they are mentally strong. My feeling is that deMatteo has been riding his luck, and does not really understand defense. This gets papered over because of fantastic athletes / players, and scoring lots of goals ... Neil.
He won the FA Cup and Champions League in his first couple of months in charge. He beat Barcelona over 2 legs, and leads the Premier League. Riding his luck me bum, he is a very good manager. If he didn't understand defence, he would not have beat Barcelona, end of story. Jog on.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Don't be derogatory. Take the emotion out of it . He got so lucky in both the Barcelona & bayern games. I put it down to luck, just like liverpool's comeback to win it a few years ago. With the personal Chelsea have you or I ( ok :lol I) could manage them. What's to do ? Buy great players and put them on the field. When they buy Falcao from A.Madrid they will say 'masterstroke' but only man city or psg can afford him. The guy was completely useless at WBA, and did'nt know how to fix the problems. A complete fluke against Barcelona !!! One season and he will be gone from chelsea, as Ambrami tires of him :) What's with the 'Jog on' ? Obviously I touched a nerve :@ . Anyway, good luck to him and you :) Neil.

Don't be derogatory. Take the emotion out of it . He got so lucky in both the Barcelona & bayern games. I put it down to luck, just like liverpool's comeback to win it a few years ago. With the personal Chelsea have you or I ( ok :lol I) could manage them. What's to do ? Buy great players and put them on the field. When they buy Falcao from A.Madrid they will say 'masterstroke' but only man city or psg can afford him. The guy was completely useless at WBA, and did'nt know how to fix the problems. A complete fluke against Barcelona !!! One season and he will be gone from chelsea, as Ambrami tires of him :) What's with the 'Jog on' ? Obviously I touched a nerve :@ . Anyway, good luck to him and you :) Neil.
Touched no nerve mate. Jog on is a phrase used to move on and talk about other stuff. I don't like Chelsea, but one thing is for sure, he has done an incredible job with what he had. Lets face it, he is doing a far better job than Villas-Boas, he is winning trophies. Yes, they were lucky to beat Barca, name any other team on the planet that would beat Barca without a bit of luck? They were always going to be beat by Barca, even the chelsea fans expected a hiding, so just to beat Barca is an amazing achievement.. 2 trophies already, top of the premier league (not by luck), what more can the man do?

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Chelsea -1AH @ 2.3 bovada.lv Last year Chelsea drew 1-1 away to Swansea in one of the most frustrating match to watch (for a CFC supporter), but should have lost 1-0 if not for a ~93 min goal. Chelsea dominated possession then but lacked any sort of goal-scoring threat. This was during their annual mid-season slump. All that being said, both teams appear to be completely different--coaches, players, systems, etc. Like most here, I think Chelsea have the edge in sheer talent to win convincingly (though they have a habit of conceding a goal or two), not to mention the motivation/determination factor which I think Di Matteo deserves a ton of credit for. Despite the last two results at Shakhtar & against Manu, I haven't seen that lack of interest among the players which was present under AVB and Ancelloti. To me, a combination of new young talent and RDM's half-time speeches/tactics are the reason for this. Finally, I agree with Zeus that (despite the result at terribly-performing Man City) Swansea don't look near as good under Laudrup and so I expect Chelsea to perform similarly to the majority of their games this season (not counting UEFA supercup)--meaning good possession & plenty of goal-scoring chances. Not being English or Welsh, I know nothing of how hard it is to get a win in the Liberty Stadium or any of those sort of intangibles.

Don't know if you watched the whole City v Swansea game or just the highlights Aidymac :eek It was more a case of City playing safe, boring, little chances created type of game rather than good Swans defending.. Though Swansea did create few nice opportunities, they don't have a quality goalscorer, for all the possession and chances they manufacture. First choice GK Vorm is out for quite a while, so I can't see the home side keeping a clean sheet against a wounded animal in Chelsea next week.. I think Chelsea have more than enough quality to take points from this game, Torres is no big miss. I will do a more detailed write-up, but Chelsea win around 1.8 is good value IMO
Doesn't Torres only have a 1 match domestic suspension, which is for tonight's Cup game?

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November I see your reasoning but I think the likes of Hazard and Oscar can really threaten Swansea. Personally I think this game is dubious in terms of betting but if I had to choose, I would favour Chelsea.

I thought Chelsea a) done well to get back in the game and b) still caused a few problems when they went down to 10 and even 9 men. Of course we're not talking about the greatest united defence but then neither do swansea. Man city have been scraping through quite a few games and could have been forgiven for letting their heads drop after the european disappointment, im sure swansea we're thinking they couldnt have picked a better time to play them.. and lost so im not reading too much into the city game. They concede too many goals but have also got decent players like michu, routledge and hernandez who could cause Chelsea problems. Overs and an away win look like a good bets to me @ 8/13
Won't Torres have served his ban this evening in the Capital One Cup? 2 yellows = 1 match ban I should have read the whole thread first. Apologies Suppish (no delete option).

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Swansea's defence has looked weak this season. They're without Neil Taylor at left back and have an inexperienced, diving youngster in there at the moment. On top of that Ashley Williams has looked, quite frankly, awful this season. Chico likes to dive in, that may give Chelsea a few free kicks with their lightly-balanced players. I think Chelsea have too much going for them in this game and pick up 3 points on the road. Michu is a threat though with a Chelsea defence that has looked poor without John Terry and that will also be missing Ivanovic (2 game ban right?). Away win and a few goals.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November This is exactly the game Chelsea doesn't need before a Champions League game and off the back of two games against Man Utd. Swansea will have more posession this game and will have to work extremely hard to get the ball back. I think Chelsea will setup to defend and just try to hit them on the counter attack. I can see Chelsea also resting a few first team players ahead of the important game against Shahktar which they must win. So quite surprised Chelsea have started off at 1.8 so I'm getting on Swansea early because I can see an upset here. Double Chance on Swansea @ 1.95

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Having seen the game last night, this could be tougher for Chelsea than at first glance. Luiz, Cahill, Mikel and Mata all played 120 minutes which was surprising. Oscar and Hazard also played for a full hour after coming on in the second half. Im not sure how much chasing the latter 3 will do if the going gets tough and might leave cahill and luiz exposed, tending towards overs than an outright Chelsea victory now.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November 1st Post :) found chelsea to win both halves at 9/2 @ Coral.. Is it worth a flutter? ive done a double with juve ov2.5 returns £47.50 off a £5 bet? thinking of chucking £20 on the chelsea to win both halves? after losing to manchester in the league i feel chelsea need to bounce back and win this to keep their title hopes going. On top of that swansea play possesion football which only really works against lesser teams.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Chelsea to win looks good. Played bad vs shak, but played very well after going 2 goals down against man u and as we know were very unlucky to lose there. No Mata for this one in all probablilty, though moses had his best game in our shirt on wednesday so should slot into that role on the right and give us some width. David luiz could also be out so i would expect to see ivan move in and Dave/Cesar azpi to play RB. Probably be this: Cech Azpi Ivan Cahill Cole Mikel Rambo Moses Oscar Hazard Torres. And whilst our defence has been a bit shaky in recent weeks especially without the organisational and captaincy from JT, our attack has looked fluid, and oscar and hazard should create a lot of problems. Big question marks over torres as always but i expect chelsea to outgun swansea and whilst they may score we should have enough to overpower them.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Swansea v Chelsea Chelsea -1 Handicap @ 21/10 Skybet Over 3.5 Goals @ 9/5 Sportingbet I'm happy to take both these bets here, they have both really impressed me going forward and I like both styles of play. One player thats missing tomorrow who could have been a big influence is the Goalkeeper Vorm, at times Swansea are going to be under alot of pressure despite being at home and before he was injured he was in superb form, I haven't seen much of the back up keeper but i'm pretty sure he won't be as good as Vorm. Chelsea really do look a good price to me here and with Torres, Oscar and Hazard more than likely to start the latter 2 only playing a bit part in mid week, they will all be fresh and ready for this game. I really can't see the Swansea defense coping with the technically gifted Chelsea attackers tomorrow and Chelsea should score a few, I reckon Swansea will cause the Chelsea defense a few problems themselves aswel as they play some decent football and Michus looked a class signing so i'm going for the over 3.5 aswel. Expected line ups: Swansea: Tremmel Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies Britton, Ki Routledge, De Guzman, Hernandez Michu Chelsea: Cech Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Bertrand Mikel, Ramires Mata, Oscar, Hazard Torres

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November Over 3.5 @ 2.63 pinnacle Swansea have conceded in their last EPL 7 games and have allowed at least two goals in 5 of these 7 games so Chelsea will be confident of bouncing back here after their loss to Man Utd last week, and can see their forwards scoring here. They have scored at least two goals in their last four games (12 goals in total) so they will find Swansea a much easier opposition than the likes of Man Utd, Tottenham, Norwich and Arsenal that they have faced recently. However their own defence is a concern, as they are without Terry, and now Ivanovic, as they have allowed goals in these last four games. Swansea at home have been scoring goals, with at least two goals in 4 of their five homes games this season. Playing against Chelsea will be tough, but they have enough quality to get at least a goal here against them. Both defences are not doing the job while at the other end, both teams have been finding the back of the net

1st Post :) found chelsea to win both halves at 9/2 @ Coral.. Is it worth a flutter? ive done a double with juve ov2.5 returns £47.50 off a £5 bet? thinking of chucking £20 on the chelsea to win both halves? after losing to manchester in the league i feel chelsea need to bounce back and win this to keep their title hopes going. On top of that swansea play possesion football which only really works against lesser teams.
always good to see new punters posting :) welcome lad, good first post!

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November About this game , i dont know ...Chelsea is playing importang game vs Shaktrar mid week, they are probably tired from 2 games vs UTD maybe they wont push this game so hard... Swansea is ok team, and Chelsea wont be much disapointed if they dont win here. Maybe they will rest some players today so they can be ready for Shaktar. If i had to bet this game it would be over 2.5 5/10 GL.

Re: Swansea v Chelsea > Saturday 3rd November I really hate all this, oh they need a rest and they will be tired rubbish. When they play they hardly train and most players prefer to play.Sure its different if you pick up a knock but for anyone to say a pro footballer is tired, especially at the start of a season is beyond me. So personally i`d say chelsea are a good bet today. Someone is going to be on the wrong end of a thrashing very soon. Frankly Torres is nowhere near what he was, and Sturridge is too selfish and rarely picks out the best option, but even without a top forward chelsea are full of goals. chelsea win and btts for me