** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Sunderland (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27 This game is usually a bit of a snoozefest. The meetings between these sides in the Premier League at the Britannia has only seen over 1 goal once, in a late 3-2 win for Stoke. Usually it is 1-0 to either team. This season I can't see much different, Stoke strong at home and defending well, whilst Sunderland have a decent defence too. Under 2.5 is 1.66 in most places Under 1.5 is 3.00 in several places For the result, I would avoid Stoke at that price. If anything, I think the draw is a safe bet Draw is 3.4 in several places

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27

Under 1.5 is 3.00 in several places
I like your thinking with the under 1.5 goals. Definitely worth a punt. You can check out under 1.5 second half goals here (for free) for the english premier league http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/over-under-goals-2nd-half Stoke are under 1.5 second half goals63% of the time in 2011 and 100% under 1.5 2nd half goals this season. Neil.

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27 Agree with both posts before me. I rate Sunderland as a very compact and disciplined side so far this season and they seem to do well in defending both in the middle and in the back. They usually try not to leave many spaces for the opponent and it seems that they like playing more conservative and using counter-attacks as main weapon especially in their away games. I can see the same scenario and tactics applied by the visitors here. On the other side we all know Stoke and the tight style of play that they deploy. They will again probably approach this game in a physical way and be cautious likewise Sunderland. So I can expect both teams similarly to their previous games to be more defensively minded, close the gaps and close the game as a whole. On the other side I noticed both teams to experience troubles when going forward (Fletcher seems to be an exception for the Black Cats). Under 2 @ 2.11 from Pinnacle with middle stakes

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27 The biggest factor in this game will be getting through the game :\ . I find watching teams like these tedious. I quite fancy the draw 1-1 at 5-1 on bet365 and am moving away from the under 2.5 goals. Stoke have drawn 6 outta their last 8 at home Sunderland have not won a game in their last 11 away tries but seem to be better organized and difficult to beat. Neil.

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27 UNDER 2.5 GOALS LOOKS WELL WORTH A MASSIVE PUNT IN THIS GAME Sunderland and Stoke have two of the most solid defenses in the Premiership this year with Sunderland only conceding 8 and Stoke only conceding 9 from the opening fixtures. Their attacking stats on the other hand need a lot to be desired however with Sunderland sitting at the bottom of the goals for table with only 6 goals (5 of which from one man Fletcher) and Stoke not far behind them with just 8 scored. If Stoke can contain Fletcher throughout the 90' its really hard to see where Sunderland can find any goals from in this fixture. The last 8 meetings between the 2 sides has seen only 2 go over the 2.5 goal mark. The two teams sit 13th and 14th in the league neck and neck with 8 points, they are 2 very similar teams and play very similar football, they both concede very little and score very little, of Stokes first 8 games this season only 2 have gone over the 2.5 mark and Sunderland also have only 2 games go over the 2.5 mark. This game looks to be a very tough game for both teams and I imagine most the battles we see will not be in front of goal but stuck around midfield.

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27 *Sunderland WIN @ 4.8 Betfair* A lot of people fancy Stoke for this game, but i think they are far too short. They have only won 1 game in all competitions since last April, and face a Sunderland side that who, albeit struggle for goals, have a pretty solid defence. Even though Sunderland have been poor this season, they have only lost 1 game all season in the league, and that was against Man City. They have one of the most in-form strikers in the league on their team, Stephen Fletcher, and if he is in good form today, i can see Sunderland nicking this game. 4.8 is definately overpriced anyways in my opinion.

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27 Stoke @ 2.00 sportsbet Having played against the likes of Man Utd, Livepool, Man City and Chelsea in recent weeks, Stoke should be battle-hardened and ready to play for their second win of the season as they have drawn 5 of their 8 games so far. They have allowed just the one goal in their three home games, while holding Arsenal 0-0, Man City 1-1 and beating Swansea 2-0. Stoke is never an easy place to play at, nor is it easy playing against them, so Sunderland will have their work cut out here. They too have drawn 5 of their 8 games, including 3 of their 4 away games, drawing 0-0 at Arsenal, 2-2 at Swansea, 1-1 at West Ham and then recently losing 3-0 at Man City. Stoke's home record and very good defensive displays at home give them the edge here and like them to win this

Re: Stoke City v Sunderland > Oct 27

Stoke @ 2.00 sportsbet Having played against the likes of Man Utd, Livepool, Man City and Chelsea in recent weeks, Stoke should be battle-hardened and ready to play for their second win of the season as they have drawn 5 of their 8 games so far. They have allowed just the one goal in their three home games, while holding Arsenal 0-0, Man City 1-1 and beating Swansea 2-0. Stoke is never an easy place to play at, nor is it easy playing against them, so Sunderland will have their work cut out here. They too have drawn 5 of their 8 games, including 3 of their 4 away games, drawing 0-0 at Arsenal, 2-2 at Swansea, 1-1 at West Ham and then recently losing 3-0 at Man City. Stoke's home record and very good defensive displays at home give them the edge here and like them to win this
Agree with this, Stoke has the best defence at home in the league. Sunderland couldnt score a goal in 60 mins against 10 man newcastle at home and only drew the game due to Ba own goal. Cant see them getting much at here.

I have to agree with the Stoke backers here. The Brittania is a horrendous place to go where even the likes of top four sides struggle. Whenever Chelsea, United, Arsenal etc come to town they generally scrape a draw or entertain a tight win, so expecting a side like Sundrland to do what they can't is a tough ask IMO. I think Sunderland should be around 5 based on the fact Stoke are so strong at home, and Sunderland have but one goal threat. Stoke on the other hand these days have more than one option going forward. I tend to think that if Stoke can nullify the threat of Steven Fletcher they'll get the win, as despite the fact Sunderland are very organised and haven't conceded many, I still can't quite describe their defence as strong.