McGladrey Classic

RussP

Re: McGladrey Classic Fancy Jeff Overton here, 6th here last year. Also this requires a very straight driver, 8th on tour, also there is 12 par4's this week and overton is 19th on par 4 birdies and 42nd on par performance. This is all after a 8th at the frys 13th in vegas also his 7th at the deutsche bank.

Re: McGladrey Classic

Got anymore on that gamble on Thompson' date=' Russ?[/quote'] I think he was tipped up by several pundits, hence the gamble Jackie. He was 66/1 at one stage according to a preview i looked at, now biggest price 30/1, so the value is probably gone. He has never won, but he finished 3rd in this event last year, could be why he is gambled on.

Re: McGladrey Classic Count me in as one of the many whose on Thompson this week. Putting ranked really high last year in terms of difficulty, I think from memory top 3. Thompson is a very good putter, almost won this event last year and is probably more fancied these days due to a 2nd place finish at the US Open, which speaks to his pedigree.

Re: McGladrey Classic Best of luck guys.... *Charles Howell III WIN @ 48 Betfair* Completely gone off the boil in recent years, but a step back in the right direction last time out when T11 in the Frys.Com Open. He has changed his driving technique, and is hitting the ball well. Watching him last weekend, he still has a few bad habits, dodgy with the wedge in his hand, but definately signs he is coming back near his best and worth a bet at the price. *Ken Duke WIN @ 110 Betfair* Has never won on tour, but is more than capable of getting into the top 5 here this weekend if at his best. He was T5 in the Transitions this year, and has five 7th placed finishes this year already, hitting the crossbar a good few times. He is a very experienced campaigner who should enjoy this course, and was T15 in this event in 2010, and at this time of the year, where anyone can win, i think 100/1 under-estimates him. *Chez Reavie WIN @ 120 Betfair* Another player that caught my eye last weekend, finishing T16 in the Frys.Com Open, one of his best finishes of the season, and he will be desperate to play well for the remainder of the year as the results have not been great. He won the Canadian Open back in 2008, his sole success on tour and i feel he is overpriced after his good showing last weekend.

Re: McGladrey Classic 1pt ew B.Curtis to win McGladrey Classic 35/1 Blue Square (1/4 1-5) Curtis is just coming back into a bit of form and he’s one of the best putters you’ll find. In fact he lies seventh is shots gained putting and that could be a big statistic this week. Curtis is generally straight from tee to green and if this becomes a putting contest like it is expected to be then Curtis’ 35/1 price will become very big very quickly. The former Open champion is showing some signs of form and he can convert that to a win this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mcgladrey-classic-betting-ben-curtis-can-putt-his-way-to-victory-at-sea-island