** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 2 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brentford v Shrewsbury Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bury v Carlisle United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.96 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Coventry City v Milton Keynes Dons (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crawley Town v AFC Bournemouth (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crewe Alexandra v Oldham Athletic (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Doncaster Rovers v Preston North End (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hartlepool United v Sheffield United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Notts County v Stevenage (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Scunthorpe United v Tranmere Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]95.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Swindon Town v Colchester United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walsall v Leyton Orient (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yeovil Town v Portsmouth (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October Crawley vs AFC Bournemouth Crawley Town - 2.15 BetVictor Bournemouth are not in the greatest of states of late. 1 win in their last 5, and a place of 18th in the table for a side that spent so heavily in the summer. Paul Groves is under a little bit of pressure at the moment from the fans as chairman Eddie Mitchell faced protests from them. Groves does not know his best side at all making about 3-4 changes per game as he has not got a settled side. Crawley sit 7th in the table at the minute and bounced back from a big defeat against Tranmere with a win away at Carlisle last time out. That should be a good confidence booster into this one, and with the return of striker Matt Tubs albeit in a Bournemouth shirt I feel that the fans and players will be up for it to prove that the club is going in the right direction.

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October Warning against backing Tranmere on Tuesday night also, their 2 top goalscorers Andy Robinson and Jake Cassidy are out for this one with captain James Wallace also out. Scunthorpe have the most in form striker in the league in Leon Clarke so I would avoid this one or see value in backing Scunthorpe in some form.

It's a good job I'm sat down here as I'm actually going to suggest backing Pompey in some form. Pompey + 0.25 @ 1.9 - bet365. We had a good win on Saturday against Scunthorpe but I will say that we could easily have lost that game. We did well to get the three points but had to rely on a last minute strike from new signing Wes Thomas, and we had to come from a goal down. I think it's fair to say that scunthorpe gave us a pretty decent game, and we have goalkeeper mikkel andersen to thank for keeping them at bay. What that does demonstrate is that we have a fair amount of determination and strength of character in the squad, which can make up for lack of quality in some areas. I just feel here that if we can't pick up at least a point against Yeovil then we deserve to be relegated, and I'd say we definitely have the quality to get something against them. Now is also a fantastic time to be playing Yeovil as they're coming off the back of a five game losing streak. There will never be a better time to pick up points against any other league one side. Regarding injuries, sadly we appear to have lost midfielder daryl Russell through injury. Who joins defender josh Thompson and striker Luke Rodgers on the treatment table. Defender Gabor gyepes has also been struggling injury wise, but has been fit enough to play on. We have though signed midfielder Akos Buzsaky on a one month deal, who has agreed to play at a vastly reduced rate. That takes our playing contingent up to a full compliment of twenty professional players, minus the three injuries of course. I would expect Buzsaky to go straight into the squad for the Yeovil game.

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October Hi, been keeping an eye on this forum for a little while and thought it was time to get involved. League one is one of the leagues I follow quite strongly and I usually have one or two bets each week. Struggling to find any value mid week at the moment, I do have a couple of small views though....

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October I agree with you here, Bournemouth really struggling and the fans have turned on him big time. Crawley probably a little bit of value, might be worth a small interest....

Crawley vs AFC Bournemouth Crawley Town - 2.15 BetVictor Bournemouth are not in the greatest of states of late. 1 win in their last 5, and a place of 18th in the table for a side that spent so heavily in the summer. Paul Groves is under a little bit of pressure at the moment from the fans as chairman Eddie Mitchell faced protests from them. Groves does not know his best side at all making about 3-4 changes per game as he has not got a settled side. Crawley sit 7th in the table at the minute and bounced back from a big defeat against Tranmere with a win away at Carlisle last time out. That should be a good confidence booster into this one, and with the return of striker Matt Tubs albeit in a Bournemouth shirt I feel that the fans and players will be up for it to prove that the club is going in the right direction.

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October Thats quite significant team news for Tranmere and if all the doubtful players dont play then Scunthorpe -0.25 would probably be a bit of value. Sounds like only Wallace definitely out though and the price has moved already so will be leaving this alone myself. Agree with Jase on Pompey in that Buzsaky is a very good signing and that Pompey should start picking up very soon now. Upson is suspended for Yeovil too and he is an important player for them. However, I dont trust Pompey to get a result away from home just yet. They could be a fair price to beat Crewe at home in a couple of weeks though.

Agree with Jase on Pompey in that Buzsaky is a very good signing and that Pompey should start picking up very soon now.
He is a cracking signing at this level ! I can't see us picking our form up tbh. We are still finding results hard to come by, and Saturday was a real tough result to get. But Yeovil are struggling themselves, so if we see another determined performance we will get something. As for our long term form - I don't envisage it picking up, and I still see us struggling towards the end of the season, and once we come out if administration we will in all likelihood get sucked further into the relegation mire that will result in a drop to League Two. January could be another uncertain time as some players may opt for more comfortable climes. They're in the shop window now, and our squad will continue to change, and under those circumstances you can't build any sort of consistency.

Hi' date=' been keeping an eye on this forum for a little while and thought it was time to get involved. League one is one of the leagues I follow quite strongly and I usually have one or two bets each week. Struggling to find any value mid week at the moment, I do have a couple of small views though....[/quote'] Welcome to PL btw! Hope to hear more from you :)

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October Coventry vs. MK Dons I think that considering the price, it could be worth putting small amount on Coventry's win. I've watched highlights from their first match against Yeovil away (1:1) where they missed bunch of chances for win and, after they played 1:1 with Sheffield Utd next match I thought that Bury is going to pay for their frustrations. That didn't happen, although they lead by 2:0, Bury came back and took one point from that match (2:2). Coventry simply didn't had solutions for win and that's way they sacked manager Andy Thorn and brought Mark Robins. They finally won in Saturday and although it "was a dour one and that's being kind", as they new manager told BBC, it will certainly give them much needed confidence. They have two matches at home now, against MK and Bournemouth, and they can grab something out of it. MK Dons have 1 1 2 score in away matches this season and that one win came against poor Bury. Their high rank on table is deserved for their great play at home. Coventry @3.30 (Bet Victor)

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October Crawley for me tonight. Saw them against Carlisle and they looked very comfortable. Fair enough Carlisle were off the back of midweeks defeat at spurs and are very hit and miss at the mo but I really fancy Crawley to do well in this league and wouldn't be surprised to see them finish up at least in the playoffs. Goodluck to all

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October *Tranmere WIN @ 2.78 Betfair* I respect the above posts that mention both of Tranmere's usual strikers are out for this match, but for the players that do come in it is a great opportunity for them to try and get a first-team place on the team. The manager emphasised this with the comment ""This gives the lads who have had to sit out an opportunity," he told the club's website. "If they come in and do well and we get the result then they'll stay in." This gives the new lads huge incentive to impress the manager. Tranmere lead the league by 3 points, and they will want to maintain that advantage. Tranmere are unbeaten this season and had two very impressive wins on the road, a 5-2 win at Crawley and a 3-0 win at Carlisle. Scunthorpe have already lost 5 games in the league this season, and although Tranmere are missing a couple of players, i still fancy them to do the business.

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October *Leyton Orient WIN @ 3.40 Betfair* My last bet for League 1 tonight, i like the chances of Orient. They lost their first 3 games of the season, but things have picked up since then, they beat a very good Swindon side 1-0 away from home, then beat Brentford 1-0 at home, beat Yeovil Town 4-1 after that, got a draw at Crewe, and were disappointing last time out losing 2-0 at home to Doncaster, but Donny were in the Championship last year and are a decent outfit. Walsall have started really well in fairness to them. They have won 4 of their last 5 games, but i feel the price on Orient is too big at 3.40, i had them as a 2/1 shot at the very very most. They have looked good defensively on the road in their last 3 games, and i think they could nick this game 1-0 against Walsall tonight. The opposition Walsall has beat recently is not very strong, it included Portsmouth, Bournemouth and they lost at Stevenage.

Re: Midweek > League 1 > Tues 2 October

It's a good job I'm sat down here as I'm actually going to suggest backing Pompey in some form. Pompey + 0.25 @ 1.9 - bet365. We had a good win on Saturday against Scunthorpe but I will say that we could easily have lost that game. We did well to get the three points but had to rely on a last minute strike from new signing Wes Thomas, and we had to come from a goal down. I think it's fair to say that scunthorpe gave us a pretty decent game, and we have goalkeeper mikkel andersen to thank for keeping them at bay. What that does demonstrate is that we have a fair amount of determination and strength of character in the squad, which can make up for lack of quality in some areas. I just feel here that if we can't pick up at least a point against Yeovil then we deserve to be relegated, and I'd say we definitely have the quality to get something against them. Now is also a fantastic time to be playing Yeovil as they're coming off the back of a five game losing streak. There will never be a better time to pick up points against any other league one side.
Yeovil do seem to be in dire form - so Portsmouth look good value here at those odds.

*Tranmere WIN @ 2.78 Betfair* I respect the above posts that mention both of Tranmere's usual strikers are out for this match, but for the players that do come in it is a great opportunity for them to try and get a first-team place on the team. The manager emphasised this with the comment ""This gives the lads who have had to sit out an opportunity," he told the club's website. "If they come in and do well and we get the result then they'll stay in." This gives the new lads huge incentive to impress the manager. Tranmere lead the league by 3 points, and they will want to maintain that advantage. Tranmere are unbeaten this season and had two very impressive wins on the road, a 5-2 win at Crawley and a 3-0 win at Carlisle. Scunthorpe have already lost 5 games in the league this season, and although Tranmere are missing a couple of players, i still fancy them to do the business.
*Leyton Orient WIN @ 3.40 Betfair* My last bet for League 1 tonight, i like the chances of Orient. They lost their first 3 games of the season, but things have picked up since then, they beat a very good Swindon side 1-0 away from home, then beat Brentford 1-0 at home, beat Yeovil Town 4-1 after that, got a draw at Crewe, and were disappointing last time out losing 2-0 at home to Doncaster, but Donny were in the Championship last year and are a decent outfit. Walsall have started really well in fairness to them. They have won 4 of their last 5 games, but i feel the price on Orient is too big at 3.40, i had them as a 2/1 shot at the very very most. They have looked good defensively on the road in their last 3 games, and i think they could nick this game 1-0 against Walsall tonight. The opposition Walsall has beat recently is not very strong, it included Portsmouth, Bournemouth and they lost at Stevenage.
Both teams won. :beer

Finally we get the result! Well done aidy as well! Stunning stuff!
Cheers Jase, well done yourself..... Burnley let me down for a big payout, Burnley, Tranmere, Orient and Watford! Went 3-2 up with 5 mins to go and all! Good shout on Pompey

Crawley vs AFC Bournemouth Crawley Town - 2.15 BetVictor Bournemouth are not in the greatest of states of late. 1 win in their last 5, and a place of 18th in the table for a side that spent so heavily in the summer. Paul Groves is under a little bit of pressure at the moment from the fans as chairman Eddie Mitchell faced protests from them. Groves does not know his best side at all making about 3-4 changes per game as he has not got a settled side. Crawley sit 7th in the table at the minute and bounced back from a big defeat against Tranmere with a win away at Carlisle last time out. That should be a good confidence booster into this one, and with the return of striker Matt Tubs albeit in a Bournemouth shirt I feel that the fans and players will be up for it to prove that the club is going in the right direction.
Winner. Pressure remains on Bournemouth