** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October Can't find anything in this one. Man.United are in poor form at the moment and have conceded 11 goals in 9 games and kept only 2 clean sheets. Was looking at Both to Score and Over 2.5 Goals, but @ 1.60 and 1.70 respectively don't think there is much value here. Newcastle are in poor form as well, however, since Man.United are week defensively I might consider Newcastle Over 1.5 Goals @ 2.75.

Dreadful odds for Manchester United here IMO. The way they're playing right now I wouldn't touch them at evens away to anyone other than villa, and Norwich. Definite value on Newcastle + 0.5. Especially if they choose to bring michael carrick back in, as he's been playing poorly this year, yet Sir Alex seems to love him.

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October *Manchester United WIN @ 1.94 Betfair* I expect United to win this game. Ferguson will be very eager to get back on track after a loss to Spurs at Old Trafford last weekend. Rooney being back fit is a massive boost to the team, and he assisted 2 goals for Van Persie in the champions league game against Cluj on Tuesday night, i think they will make a great partnership. Newcastle have been far from convincing so far this season. They could only draw with a poor Villa side at home, they were very fortunate to get a point at Goodison, they were far from impressive in their 1-0 win against Norwich, and they looked dodgy in their 2-2 draw at Reading last time out. Both defences are leaking goals, so BTTS could be a good option, but i fancy United to do the business here.

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October This is a chance for a good Over 2.5 goals bet. Both teams tend to score and receive goals in their games. United have conceded 5 goals in their past 5 visits and scored 7. 02.01.2012 Newcastle Utd - Manchester United : 3 - 0 - Probably Man United will be more careful after this one.

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October It's hard to see how Man U are priced up at just under evens for this game. Without Vidic, they look a soft touch at the back, particularly through the middle where Ferdinand is struggling for form and fitness, and doesn't seem to be able to forge a decent partnership with Evans. There are mutterings that Fergie might be forced into playing Chris Smalling if Evans hasn't recovered from a dead leg, but it's hard to see his early return as a positive with Ferdinand and Evra struggling so badly at the back. In Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse, Newcastle have the strike force to exploit any frailty in the centre of that Man U defence, and they look to be starting this season in much the same vein as they played most of last. Pardew's team aren't very pretty at times, but they are effective with killer strikers and pace up front, and are quite prepared to sacrifice possession and play on the break in front of their home fans if it gets the job done. One league defeat from six suggests that they are a tough nut to crack and probably not the side Fergie would want to be facing away from home right after that painful defeat against Tottenham. For me, United should be closer to 2.3 or even 2.4 for this game, so it's a straightforward lay. Lay Man U on Betfair @ 1.97

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October To me, this one has goals written all over it. Toon hasn't got such a great defence now, They conceded a lot as pointed out above. They conceded against Reading twice, actually 4 goals against Everton but two goals were unfairly called off. They conceded too much like the visitiors. Furthermore the Magpies do have a problems as their first choice keeper Krul is still out along captain Coloccini and Ryan and Steven Taylor in the back. They still have a strong offensive line with the likes of an in-form Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and others. United have conceded too many goals as well. They just have Evans and Ferdinand as their only fit centre-backs. But in the attack, they are brilliant. Rooney and van Persie played very well at Cluj, Rooney assisted both of van Persie's goals and at all, Ferguson was very excited by playing them both plus Chicharito up front from the beginning. I can definitely see him playing such a similar system. Maybe Kagawa will step in for Chicharito or Welbeck, but Rooney and van Persie should be partnering from the beginning and with these two up front and also other, this should be a match with quite a few goals. So over 2.5 is my call here with medium stakes.

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October I think the odds or United are below evens because Newcastle are very light at the back with Krul, Taylor and Coloccini out. Very big losses for the home side. Can't see Simpson, Pearch, Williamson and Santon holding out United's attack.

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October I can see this going under 2.5 I feel both teams will be tired after the mid week fixture and although Newcastle will be missing 3 major players they are still a real solid team at home were they are undefeated and having only conceded an average of 0.7 goals at home this season (league average 1.2) and also taken an average of 2.3 points at home (league average 1.6) so I think there is a bit of value to be had a even money.I feel united still have major problems in the midfield and IMO are relying on kagawa to make things happen and if Newcastle can keep thing tight in the midfield I can see it been a very long afternoon for van persie.uniteds defence aren't the most convincing either so I think ba will have a few chances on goal tomorrow and although I'm a united fan I feel Newcastle might just nick this one

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October I can see this going under 2.5 I feel both teams will be tired after the mid week fixture and although Newcastle will be missing 3 major players they are still a real solid team at home were they are undefeated and having only conceded an average of 0.7 goals at home this season (league average 1.2) and also taken an average of 2.3 points at home (league average 1.6) so I think there is a bit of value to be had a even money.I feel united still have major problems in the midfield and IMO are relying on kagawa to make things happen and if Newcastle can keep thing tight in the midfield I can see it been a very long afternoon for van persie.uniteds defence aren't the most convincing either so I think ba will have a few chances on goal tomorrow and although I'm a united fan I feel Newcastle might just nick this one Newcastle DNB 15/8 Under 2.5 1/1 D.Ba anytime 2/1

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October I normally don't bet on corner markets, but upon checking the stats I noted that in 4 out of 6 games in the Premier League so far this season Man.United had more than 6 corners. Moreover, based on their poor defense it is very likely that they will concede a goal and I won't be surprised if they concede first. As a result they will attack more and get more corners. Man.United Over 6 Corners @ 2.70 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October Odds for over 2.5 have gone down. Market is reacting now as keeper Krul who was outstanding last season as well as defenders Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Ryan Taylor are all out. Coloccini and S.Taylor are the first choice centre-backs and especially Coloccini is very important. I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet here. As United looks to concede at first in any match, I decided to back this here: Newcastle to score first @2.6 2/10 bet365 Newcastle to win first half @4.98 2/10 12bet Demba Ba to score first @8 1/10 bet365

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October I would expect a few goals in this game as both teams are very talented going forward and Newcastle are strong at home and have done well in their last few games against Man U. I think it will be hard for Newcastle to prevent Man Utd from scoring and Van Persie comes here in cracking form and has scored 5 goals in his last 5 starts against Newcastle. The odds on him scoring first don't really appeal but I do expect him to score and more often than not it comes form his left foot. The odds at Ladbrokes are tempting at 5/2 for Van Persie to score with his left foot. 2pts Van Persie to score with his left foot at 5/2 Ladbrokes

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October Over 3.5 @ 2.53 sportsbet Newcastle, with Ba and Cisse up front, have goals in them, as they have scored in 5 of their 6 games, as well at least two goals in 3 of these games, and given that Man Utd defensively have been ordinary without Vidic and Ferdinand is not his usual self, then like Newcastle to score on this defence that has allowed a goal in 5 of their 6 games, and at least two goals in 3 of these games. Conversely with Newcastle also missing some defenders, then like van Persie and Rooney to add to their goal tally's as Man Utd have scored at least two goals in their last five games while Newcastle has allowed two goals in 3 of their last 5 games. Neither defence is in form while both teams have strikers who are scoring so like the look of a high scoring game here

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October 4pts Over 3.5 goals 7/4 Stan James We all know the defensive deficiencies that Man Utd have and this Newcastle attack looks well set to test that to the full and just like last season I wouldn’t be surprised if the home side were to win this match. I fancy both teams to get in behind the opposing defence though and would fully expect there to be a lot of goals in this match with the attacking players on show. Over 3.5 goals looks a big price to me and is worth taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-man-utd-betting-attackers-likely-to-be-on-top-in-the-super-sunday-clash

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October Although both teams have leaky defences De Gea is a much better shot stopper than Steve Harper and this could make the difference today. Cabaye and Tiote were unplayable in January but havnt been in the same form this season. United have made a habit of going behind in games, only Southampton have went behind more times however, Newcastle have scored 88% of their goals in the 2nd half, the highest in the League which would suggest they're not so sharp out of the starting blocks, if united can get their passing going early I can see them taking the lead and controlling the game. Newcastle probably would have had a better chance if united hadnt of lost last time out, and I expect a reaction here particluarly with City, Arsenal and Chelsea all winning yesterday but the odds are simply not good enough for an outright victory or over 2.5 goals and i expect united to concede at some point so i'll take a punt on the correct score United to win 2-1 @ 42/5 on betfair

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October L o f l. Everybody here is on overs...you'd think Newcastle's three defensive replacements might be a cinderblock, a nightstand and a stuffed penguin. Personally, this is exactly the situation where I swerve...and anyway, none of the odds I saw had any appeal, not when it was o2.5 @ 1.58 when I woke up this morning, and certainly not when it's o3 @ 1.97 as it is now. I predict 1-1, just because I've never, ever seen 98% of any group of people be right.

Re: Newcastle v Man United > Sun 7 October

I can see this going under 2.5 I feel both teams will be tired after the mid week fixture and although Newcastle will be missing 3 major players they are still a real solid team at home were they are undefeated and having only conceded an average of 0.7 goals at home this season (league average 1.2) and also taken an average of 2.3 points at home (league average 1.6) so I think there is a bit of value to be had a even money.I feel united still have major problems in the midfield and IMO are relying on kagawa to make things happen and if Newcastle can keep thing tight in the midfield I can see it been a very long afternoon for van persie.uniteds defence aren't the most convincing either so I think ba will have a few chances on goal tomorrow and although I'm a united fan I feel Newcastle might just nick this one Newcastle DNB 15/8:wall Under 2.5 1/1:wall D.Ba anytime 2/1
Well I was pretty much f*cked after a brilliant 20 minutes by man u then Newcastle settled down like I thought they would anyways fair play to the lads that were on overs it's always nice to see someone getting a winner :cheers

Odds for over 2.5 have gone down. Market is reacting now as keeper Krul who was outstanding last season as well as defenders Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Ryan Taylor are all out. Coloccini and S.Taylor are the first choice centre-backs and especially Coloccini is very important. I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet here. As United looks to concede at first in any match, I decided to back this here: Newcastle to score first @2.6 2/10 bet365 Newcastle to win first half @4.98 2/10 12bet Demba Ba to score first @8 1/10 bet365
these 3 lost, over 2.5 won

*Manchester United WIN @ 1.94 Betfair* I expect United to win this game. Ferguson will be very eager to get back on track after a loss to Spurs at Old Trafford last weekend. Rooney being back fit is a massive boost to the team, and he assisted 2 goals for Van Persie in the champions league game against Cluj on Tuesday night, i think they will make a great partnership. Newcastle have been far from convincing so far this season. They could only draw with a poor Villa side at home, they were very fortunate to get a point at Goodison, they were far from impressive in their 1-0 win against Norwich, and they looked dodgy in their 2-2 draw at Reading last time out. Both defences are leaking goals, so BTTS could be a good option, but i fancy United to do the business here.
:beer