** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ajax v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) I like the look of Man City here, you can get 1.92. Admittedly I don't follow the Bundesliga but Dortmund were quite poor in the CL last year and looking at the two squads you'd have to say City are far superior. I know they didn't do too well last year either but they played well against Real Madrid for the most part and I think they will have gained a lot from last year's experience in the CL. I would price Man City at 1.7 here but would be interested in those who follow the Bundesliga as to a more informed opinion on Dortmund.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) borussia dortmund can score goals for fun and they got plenty of talent to expose teams. they're not the side to sit back and defend. they do concede also because of their attacking style of play so versus man city they will be strong. i think a probable score of 2-2 imo

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Ajax - R.Madrid Ajax are inconsistent at the moment, while Real are playing really well under Mourinho. They did really well in their opening game against Man.City and fought for the 3 points. Moreover, the Spaniards have an impressive record against Ajax in the past years. They beat the Dutch in their last 4 game sin the Champions League without conceding a single goal and always by at least 2 goals. Real Madrid -1 @ 2.10 (3 units) Bet365

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Yes it is possible that Dortmund will score against this far from solid City defence But Dortmund do concede goals away from home themselves - 7 in their last 3 Bundesliga games, to be precise. Against Frankfurt they collapsed after the break and the goals they let in were poor imo, similarly to the ones conceded against Hamburg. As for Man City, I think that Mancini will have learnt his lessons from last year's edition and after the loss in Madrid he will have his players determined to get the 3 points here. And with the attacking talent they have, they should put a few past Weidenfeller. My selections: City to score 3 or more @3.4 10/10 pts City score 4 or more @8 2/10 pts with bet365 City HT/FT @3 5/10 pts betfair I'll also have a small punt on the above, doubled with respective Arsenal goals - @8.05 (both Arsenal and City to score 3 or more) and massive @40 (both Arsenal and City to score 4 or more)

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) what lesson are you exactly talking about? complacency or lack of experience in the team or bad decisions by mancini? sometimes i get the feeling he doesn't know what he is doing himself. with all the players he has brought in he still doesn't know his starting eleven. if there is one thing you need for successful champions league campaign its exactly those eleven players but man city look in far worse shape then last season so i don't know what reasons you're drawing your conclusions on. this year its going to be same as last for man city and by third game they will be out in group stage. hopefully then they can get rid of mancini and bring a proper coach who is to going build a team rather than a flaunting club of players [h=3][/h]

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Dortmund score goals for fun are you seriously having a laugh, thats in the Bundesliga not the Champions League and besides they have not been too secure defensively compared to last season. Dortmund is a young side and their football is high energy, close opposition down and counter attack. Man City are all too aware progress in Champions League group stages is essentially dependent on home form and a victory in this match is an absolute necessity. Mancini is a defensive coach by nature, however the players are purchased by Brian Marwood, Mancini wanted Van Persie, Hazard, Martinez but he was lumbered with Rodwell and panick buying of Garcia. Based on Dortmunds form this season and their Champions League Performances last year I would think the odds on Man City are extremely attractive.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Man City - Dortmund - Home Win 1.94 @ Betfair I like the look of City here, in no way do i think Dortmund will be a pushover here and they have some quality players themselves, i just feel 1.94 is an excellent price for such a strong team at home. As mentioned i like the Germans and in Reus, Gotze and Lewandowski they have more than enough quality going forward to hurt a City team that hasn't looked as solid as last season. There is however a gulf in class between the two teams and with Aguero back in picture and grabbing one at Fulham, combined with a less than impressive Dortmund defence i'm willing to back the home side to do enough to take all 3 points here after the Madrid disappointment. Small stakes on 3-0 @ 20 and 3-1 @ 16.5 too as the Germans chase the match. Both Betfair.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)

Yes it is possible that Dortmund will score against this far from solid City defence But Dortmund do concede goals away from home themselves - 7 in their last 3 Bundesliga games, to be precise. Against Frankfurt they collapsed after the break and the goals they let in were poor imo, similarly to the ones conceded against Hamburg. As for Man City, I think that Mancini will have learnt his lessons from last year's edition and after the loss in Madrid he will have his players determined to get the 3 points here. And with the attacking talent they have, they should put a few past Weidenfeller. My selections: City to score 3 or more @3.4 10/10 pts City score 4 or more @8 2/10 pts with bet365 City HT/FT @3 5/10 pts betfair I'll also have a small punt on the above, doubled with respective Arsenal goals - @8.05 (both Arsenal and City to score 3 or more) and massive @40 (both Arsenal and City to score 4 or more)
Good post will definitely follow and take the following doubles with 0.5 units each: City Over 2.5 & Arsenal Over 2.5 @ 8.07 ​City Over 3.5 & Arsenal Over 2.5 @ 19.00 ​City Over 2.5 & Arsenal Over 3.5 @ 17.00 ​City Over 3.5 & Arsenal Over 3.5 @ 40.00

what lesson are you exactly talking about? complacency or lack of experience in the team or bad decisions by mancini? sometimes i get the feeling he doesn't know what he is doing himself. with all the players he has brought in he still doesn't know his starting eleven. if there is one thing you need for successful champions league campaign its exactly those eleven players but man city look in far worse shape then last season so i don't know what reasons you're drawing your conclusions on. this year its going to be same as last for man city and by third game they will be out in group stage. hopefully then they can get rid of mancini and bring a proper coach who is to going build a team rather than a flaunting club of players
I was speaking rather generally, last year it was their maiden appearance in CL and they disappointed. City want to do good in the CL and after a loss in Madrid, they will be motivated to get the 3 points here. But that is not the key thing here; I truly believe that Dortmund is not defending well enough. Their star defender and most influential at the back Mats Hummels has not started his season well - after 6 Bundesliga games his note is 3.58, while last season it was 2.65 (where 1 - world class, 5 - abysmal performance). Their right back Piszczek may be good going forward, but leaves acres of space for the opposing wingers and if he is as disciplined as in the domestic games, Dortmund will have some serious problems there. And I'm not exactly convined they will be out after 3 games, I think they will progress at Dortmund's expense - but that remains to be seen. I hope for a thrilling 4-2 encounter tomorrow :D

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Ajax - Real well to be honest i cant see past madrid winning this one...watched a few games including man city and i think that real did find its old form back... there are no major missings or injuries so real should go to amsterdam for 3 points... 2 @ 1,45 Fortuna conf.lvl 9/10 (1:00) handicap @ 2,1 Fortuna conf lvl 6/10 and a few cents on a 2:0 handicap @ 3,6 Fortuna gl fellas :hope

Is it worth putting £500 on man city? I just cant see them not winning and especially at home. Odds of 1.94 are just too good
very risky bet considering man city score as well as concede and are under pressure to get a result. they're playing against german side who for are more then capable of handling this man city side.

Man city v Dortmund Over 2.5 goals @ 1.75 - Betfair. This just seems too much of an obvious bet, but I can't ignore these sort of odds for there being three goals or more here. City have been pretty poor defensively this season, and shown great complacency. I think Dortmund have enough about them to put city's defence under a bit of pressure. Enough pressure at least to get one goal. It is rare for Manchester city not to concede, so I feel if there is less than three goals here if will be due to circumstance, rather than being completely wrong in my assessment of how these two teams will compete for three points.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) What do you think about taking under 2.5/under 3.5 in Ajax vs. Real game? Real under Mourinho plays with precisive defence at away from home in CL, and now, when they have sunday´s El Clasico in their minds, I expect that they will want to just win and don´t make themselves any problems. It means that we just score 1 or 2 goals in their net and we will focus on defence. I think it´s not impossible, I also see more time on the pitch for players like Essien, Callejon, Varane or probably Morata, but even with the whole bench, Real is much more stronger than Ajax at the moment ..

What do you think about taking under 2.5/under 3.5 in Ajax vs. Real game? lazy this bet is quite interesting and you have a fair point. if ajax will not score, which im not that sure off, real could be happy with a 0:2 or 0:3... well but as you know this bloody game... watched real vs. la coruna and visitors had 2shots on goal and they scored...so im not that sure ajax will go out emptyhanded as far as goals are concerned. and if la coruna wouldnt have aranzubia they would get like 7 to 8 goals .... so an under is quite risky... 1. real is on fire... 2. ajax isnt that bad at all... its a home game and champ. l. so they will be motivated but playing for 1 nil against real is nearly impossible. 3. modric, kaka, ronaldo, ozil have a lot to play for so they will not sit back :) i have a lot respect for you mate and for your write ups, but an over on this match is very likely to come in :) GL to you !

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) This game is more important for M.City then B.Dortmund, as we know Dortmund has 3 and City have 0 point in his account..Therefore Manchester city is one step closer to win this game.. Home Win

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) 4pts Man City to beat Borussia Dortmund 10/11 William Hill Dortmund will be game opponents but I like City on their own patch. I think the German side will be happy with a point and may play a bit more defensively to get that point but in the likes of Aguero, Nasri, Silva and Yaya Toure, City have enough potential defence openers and over the course of 90 minutes that quality should tell. I’m not completely safe with City’s defence but if Dortmund do set up defensively that shouldn’t be such an issue so I’ll take the home side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-borussia-dortmund-betting-man-city-s-extra-quality-can-provide-them-with-their-first-group-win

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Man City v Dortmund 6pts Man City win @ 1.91 Betfred 6pts Both teams to score @ 1.67 Coral Have to take City at these odds at home. Dortmund are a great team on the attack, but in Manchester there going to find things tough as for most of the game they will more than likely be on the back foot. Dortmund have had problems defending this season in the Bundesliga away from home and have conceded 7 in the last 3, City have far too much quality attacking wise for Dortmund to be lacklustre at the back in this game and i can see City knocking a few past them here. It's more than likely Dortmund will score in this game as they have every game this season so far, going forward there very good so i'm expecting both teams to score here aswel.

Is it worth putting £500 on man city? I just cant see them not winning and especially at home. Odds of 1.94 are just too good
City are still experimenting with 3-5-2, 4-2-4, and 4-3-3 after buying some players right on the transfer deadline day. Perhaps Mancini will go with their regular 4-2-3-1 with two holding players. With some players from both team having their 'momentum' like Dzeko and Reus, I can definitely see a goal-galore here, but even as a City fan, I'm not sure we can win here. Best bet for your GBP500 is on Real Madrid to win at Ajax @1.44. They're in form, and you don't want to be on their way. :)

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Man City looks to be a big public bet and that makes me feel even better for Dortmund than I did before!! For Dortmund their run&gun counter attacking style is perfect for this game, they wont have to force anything and they have no pressure, nothing to lose but everything to gain! City don't look convincing and they are vulnerable at fast counter attacks(what Dortmund thrives at) people mention that they played well against Madrid but that's because they were in the situation Dortmund is now: no pressure, sit back/counter, that's the easiest method to play. Now it's a different story for City as they have to attack and score leaving their slow midfield and shaky defense exposed to a great attacking team.

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Ajax Vs Real Madrid Well with the big game coming up for real against Barca,i really think Jose Mourinho's men will want to grab an early goal here & try to ease their way thru the match.Ajax is widely known to have a much weaker team then their last season team.Whatever team Real put out will definately be up for it to get the 3 points.Real will want to go into the game with barca with momentum on their side & a good display against Ajax willl definately help them out in that respect. Real to win to nil @ 2.35 betinternet & -1.5 goals @ $2 betinternet

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Ajax - Real Madrid | Madrid to win 2-0 7.3@unibet (2/10) Ajax is strugling to score nowadays, won only 1-0 vs Twente @ home. While real is in some bad shape right now, well, they won 5-1 vs La Coruna in La Liga, but i mean they are 11 points behind Barca, and that tells the story. Expect Mourinho to bring his best side on the pitch, because the group is very tight, and even Real madrid won't play with mercy. Real to win but to do that in tight game i think ... Unders included too

Re: Group D > Oct 3 (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) *Borussia Dortmund WIN @ 4.1 Betfair* I think Dortmund are a 3.2 shot, so the 4.1 i got was too hard to resist for me. This was called the Group Of Death for a reason, because any team can beat any team in this group. Dortmund are the German champions and deserve a lot of respect here, against a City side that have been very unconvincing so far this season. I don't agree with the fact that just because Dortmund already have 3 points, they don't need to win here tonight, they will be very eager to get a win here and try secure a place in the knock-outs as they still have to play Real Madrid twice. So the incentive is equal for both teams. Uncharacteristically for City, their defence has been nothing short of a shambles so far this season. They have only won 1 of their last 5 games in all competitions, including a draw at Stoke, a draw with Arsenal, a defeat to Real Madrid, and Aston Villa knocked them out of the cup. They were also very unconvincing in their win at Fulham. Dortmund kicked off the group with a 1-0 win against Ajax and have only lost 1 of their last 8 games, a 3-2 defeat away to Hamburg. They come to City on the back of a 5-0 win against Monchengladbach the weekend, and confidence will be high. City could well win, but i do think Dortmund are overpriced here and are worth a bet in what should be a very close encounter that could go either way.

Ajax - Real Madrid | Madrid to win 2-0 7.3@unibet (2/10) Ajax is strugling to score nowadays, won only 1-0 vs Twente @ home. While real is in some bad shape right now, well, they won 5-1 vs La Coruna in La Liga, but i mean they are 11 points behind Barca, and that tells the story. Expect Mourinho to bring his best side on the pitch, because the group is very tight, and even Real madrid won't play with mercy. Real to win but to do that in tight game i think ... Unders included too
Won only 1-0 at home to FC Twente? Yes, but you're forgetting that FC Twente grabbed 18 points from their first 6 games and are a real quality side in the The Netherlands, one of the big favorites for the titel. Even ahead of Ajax if you ask me. Ajax are still a young squad with very little routine, except for Cristian Poulsen. Even though they lost their star with Vertonghen they are playing much more mature as a team than they used to last year. They lost quality when you look at their players, but they've grown as a team. In Dortmund they played pretty well, and even though Dortmund got a deserved victory, Ajax got the chances to walk away with a point or more. For tonight's game i don't think Ajax will have a chance when you compare the both squads. Even with the classico this weekend, it will still be stars against little boys. Ajax will have to grab the point here since they've lost their first match already and with Real Madrid's fire power they will be sitting ducks. Therefor I would say that Real Madrid -1 @2.18 (unibet) is great value

City are still experimenting with 3-5-2, 4-2-4, and 4-3-3 after buying some players right on the transfer deadline day. Perhaps Mancini will go with their regular 4-2-3-1 with two holding players. With some players from both team having their 'momentum' like Dzeko and Reus, I can definitely see a goal-galore here, but even as a City fan, I'm not sure we can win here. Best bet for your GBP500 is on Real Madrid to win at Ajax @1.44. They're in form, and you don't want to be on their way. :)
real madrid is not on form and concede almost in very game they play. there is a little bit of drainage of spirit they had last year. they don't play exuberantly anymore and don't forger ajax held out borrusia dortmund until the end when lewandowski scored in stoppage time. this will be much tougher mach for real madrid and i expect ajax to score.