** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Fischer's Over 0.5 Goals Marl II - 2012

fischer21

Re: Fischer's Over 0.5 Goals Marl II - 2012 It's not just about picking any games that are on, and in some cases that seems to be what is happening. I've seen this over a fair few years now and the odd person, on here or other sites, will get a good run purely on the law of averages. By the same law though, there will be the games that catch you out for whatever reason. Yes, this can happen anyway, but if the selection process is done with more diligence you have a better chance of success in the long run. Stats are one thing that may be considered, but for some of the 'foreign' games it can be just pot luck/taking a chance. Getting a longer run going takes time and patience but this is a marathon and not a sprint. I'm not setting myself up as an expert but I have found the patient and persevering route usually works better than doing it 'gung ho' style. This applies to all types of bet be it 1+ goal, no hat trick, under/over or whatever. It's the discipline that will bring better results/returns in the end. :hope :ok

Re: Fischer's Over 0.5 Goals Marl II - 2012 I normal try to pick games where the home team are well fancied (4/6 or lower) and the odds for the O 2.5 Goals are around (1.8) or lower and then look at the invidividual teams record over the last 6 or 7 games to see how they are scorig at the moment. The game last night fitted the criteria with 1 exception LA Galaxy were around 1.6 to but were AWAY so maybe I shouldn't have done it The foreign games are a bit pot luck but certain leagues produce bundles of goals but I agreed with Skittle patience is the key and I tend to get carried away or try to force a game in that shouldn't really be picked. Anyone know what the record for over 0.5 goals is on the forum ? :)

Re: Fischer's Over 0.5 Goals Marl II - 2012 Have either of you thought about trying to Lay the correct score in matches rather than betting on the number of goals scored? I'm quite keen on Laying 0-1 to the Away team, where the Home team is (on paper at least!) a lot stronger than the opposition. If a game does then end 0-0 then your bet is still successful. Of course, there are still risks, as nothing is ever guaranteed, but I've found it a little easier to follow than the 0.5 goal market. For Laying a correct score you have to wait until the end of the match before your bet is concluded, so if the Home team scored after one minute, you'd still have to wait til the match ended before your bet is settled. But again, I find this helps with discipline. Obviously with Laying, your liability can seem high for the profit you're trying to make, but with discipline I think it should be a little "easier" (if that word exists in betting!) to build a bank and a little profit. But good luck for your future hunts, I like keeping an eye out for these!