League 1 > September 18th

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 18 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] AFC Bournemouth v Brentford (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carlisle United v Crewe Alexandra (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Colchester United v Crawley Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leyton Orient v Yeovil Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Milton Keynes Dons v Notts County (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Oldham Athletic v Scunthorpe United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portsmouth v Swindon Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Preston North End v Hartlepool United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sheffield United v Doncaster Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shrewsbury Town v Coventry City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevenage v Walsall (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.88 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tranmere Rovers v Bury (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Immediately I see some value in backing Carlisle to beat Crewe. Crewe had a good start to the season, but since then they've lost Ashley Westwood to villa, and have only beaten coventry 1-0 at home, whom we all know are probably one of the worst sides in league one at this point in time. Crewe for me just concede too many goals, and whilst it is refreshing to see a side playing such decent purposeful attack minded football, I think at this level away from home they will get found out more often than not. Carlisle have improved since their opening 3-0 home loss to tranmere, and the last time they faced someone with a pretty suspect defence was against Pompey - where they came away with a 4-2 win. Crewe have conceded five against brentford and two against Stevenage at the weekend. I can't see them keeping Carlisle out at all. Elsewhere you have to fancy the unders at orient. Yeovil and orient will probably finish around the same area come the end of he season, and I think despite yeovil's good start to the season they will now kind of even their form out a bit. Orient don't look like they have any goals in them, yet are very capable of keeping It tight. Yeovil will see this as a six pointer, and I think ultimately both sides should cancel each other out. A tight draw would be my call, or a 1-0 win to orient. Their last two games have ended 1-0, and that score line is very likely here again IMO.

Regarding Pompey you have to fancy Swindon at over evens. I can't for the life of me see that price lasting. I said after the Walsall loss that if we can't beat Walsall at home, god knows what'll happen when we are faced with a top league one side. And here we are, faced with Swindon, who were many punters picks for promotion this year. I think they are still on track, in-spite of paolo do canio's insistence on hitting the self distruct button whenever he feels like it. We just weren't good enough at the weekend. We kept possession well, and carved out a few opportunities but Walsall hit us with a couple of stunning goals, and the familiar story of the last couple of years just took over - we always seem to be on the back foot. We play nice football, create chances, and are then quite easily disposed of. Also bare in mind that our ownership issues should have been dealt with by this game, so in theory we could be on - 5 points. I can also see us juggling the squad around further, with a striker being a priority. I would advise an early bet on Swindon at those odds, as I can only see them going one way, and it wouldn't surprise me to see us touching four by the time the game starts. At which point we may have signed an extra striker, and we may have been bought out, which could equal some value in then backing our inflated odds.

Re: League 1 > September 18th England League One- 18th September- 20.45 CET Leyton Orient-Yeovil under 2.5 @1.95 4/10 will hill (fair until @1.70) Leyton with 4 unders in 5 matches so far. 4 of these matches ended with just 1 goal on the score sheet. Just the opening match was lost 1-3 to Tranmere away from home. The O's do not look to have goals inside. They won 1-0 against Brentford on thursday being very lucky as they scored through a controversial goal from Ryan Brunt in the 75th minute. They were harmless against Brentford as the away side dominated the entire match and should've won this. Yeovil started well into the league but they aren't that good. They have a small squad and should be in the lower part of the league fighting against relegation. Then Yeovil lost their last 2 matches with 0:1 each. They were absolutely harmless in both matches while their opponents were much better. Both teams are weak and they have problems to score and also to make the match. I see a poor match here with maximum 2 goals. GL

Re: League 1 > September 18th Shrewsbury-Coventry under 2.5 @1.80 4/10 will hill Shrewsbury with 5 unders in 6 matches so far. They scored just 5 goals so far and on saturday, they have been dealt a blow as they lost their first home match after being 34 consecutive matches unbeaten on their own ground. Coventry with 4 unders in 6 matches so far. They are poor despite being one of the favourites for promotion. They lost 2-0 to Tranmere in a match without many chances at all. I don't see any winner here, both teams with offense restrictions but with a more or less tight defense. GL

Ok just to clarify these are my selections this round... Swindon @ 2.4 - William Hill Carlisle @ 2.10 - William Hill Leyton Orient V Yeovil Under 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - StanJames The only thing that puts me off about the unders is the fact that five out of the last six head to heads home and away have gone over. But then, the four previous head to heads at orient all went under, so I think it's inconclusive.

Re: League 1 > September 18th One of my bets will be 'both to score' 10/10 1.72 with Bet365 in Portsmouth - Swindon game.Swindon are considered to be a very strong team and they will sooner or later find their play but are still without a win away from home.Pompey may not be at their best form but can find the net as they scored nine goals which is even better than Swindon's record.Last Swindon game ended 2:2 against Carlisle and they are now in three consecutive games without a win in which conceded seven goals.So I don't think that Portsmouth are doomed.On the other hand Swindon will chase the win and are likely to score.This seems to be a great value.

Re: League 1 > September 18th

One of my bets will be 'both to score' 10/10 1.72 with Bet365 in Portsmouth - Swindon game.Swindon are considered to be a very strong team and they will sooner or later find their play but are still without a win away from home.Pompey may not be at their best form but can find the net as they scored nine goals which is even better than Swindon's record.Last Swindon game ended 2:2 against Carlisle and they are now in three consecutive games without a win in which conceded seven goals.So I don't think that Portsmouth are doomed.On the other hand Swindon will chase the win and are likely to score.This seems to be a great value.
Bare in mind Jase 2nd post about ownership and etc.

More changes at Pompey. Defender Kevin long has had his loan cut short after coming off injured on Saturday. We will be bringing in a striker as a replacement by Tuesday. This means that both Paul Connolly and kevin long have left injured, and both were our preferred Centre back pairing.

Sad,sad times at pompey Jase....must be breaking your heart? Any light there? That Nirvana unplugged's a classic, isn't it!
Yup a classic alright! No it doesn't break my heart yet. It will break my heart though if we sell the club to suliman al fahim based on a promissory note! Really don't fancy us tonight.... Our central defensive pairing looks so shaky. Gyepes has been our injured and hardly trained, while michalik has had no competitive football for months. I'll be amazed of we finish the game with both still on the pitch....

England League One- 18th September- 20.45 CET Leyton Orient-Yeovil under 2.5 @1.95 4/10 will hill (fair until @1.70) Leyton with 4 unders in 5 matches so far. 4 of these matches ended with just 1 goal on the score sheet. Just the opening match was lost 1-3 to Tranmere away from home. The O's do not look to have goals inside. They won 1-0 against Brentford on thursday being very lucky as they scored through a controversial goal from Ryan Brunt in the 75th minute. They were harmless against Brentford as the away side dominated the entire match and should've won this. Yeovil started well into the league but they aren't that good. They have a small squad and should be in the lower part of the league fighting against relegation. Then Yeovil lost their last 2 matches with 0:1 each. They were absolutely harmless in both matches while their opponents were much better. Both teams are weak and they have problems to score and also to make the match. I see a poor match here with maximum 2 goals. GL
lost

Shrewsbury-Coventry under 2.5 @1.80 4/10 will hill Shrewsbury with 5 unders in 6 matches so far. They scored just 5 goals so far and on saturday, they have been dealt a blow as they lost their first home match after being 34 consecutive matches unbeaten on their own ground. Coventry with 4 unders in 6 matches so far. They are poor despite being one of the favourites for promotion. They lost 2-0 to Tranmere in a match without many chances at all. I don't see any winner here, both teams with offense restrictions but with a more or less tight defense. GL
lost

Regarding Pompey you have to fancy Swindon at over evens. I can't for the life of me see that price lasting. I said after the Walsall loss that if we can't beat Walsall at home, god knows what'll happen when we are faced with a top league one side. And here we are, faced with Swindon, who were many punters picks for promotion this year. I think they are still on track, in-spite of paolo do canio's insistence on hitting the self distruct button whenever he feels like it. We just weren't good enough at the weekend. We kept possession well, and carved out a few opportunities but Walsall hit us with a couple of stunning goals, and the familiar story of the last couple of years just took over - we always seem to be on the back foot. We play nice football, create chances, and are then quite easily disposed of. Also bare in mind that our ownership issues should have been dealt with by this game, so in theory we could be on - 5 points. I can also see us juggling the squad around further, with a striker being a priority. I would advise an early bet on Swindon at those odds, as I can only see them going one way, and it wouldn't surprise me to see us touching four by the time the game starts. At which point we may have signed an extra striker, and we may have been bought out, which could equal some value in then backing our inflated odds.
Thanks for this.

Ok just to clarify these are my selections this round... Swindon @ 2.4 - William Hill Carlisle @ 2.10 - William Hill Leyton Orient V Yeovil Under 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - StanJames The only thing that puts me off about the unders is the fact that five out of the last six head to heads home and away have gone over. But then, the four previous head to heads at orient all went under, so I think it's inconclusive.
1 win two losses. Carlisle I'd take again, because they were value, and jake jarvis came off at half time for them, so that may have effected them. Unders in the orient game was a poor call because orient played more offensively as it was a six pointer. That's why overs have been more the case when these two sides have played each other recently. Both sides go for the points.