** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

F1 - Italian GP

Mirage

Re: F1 - Italian GP Qualifying In the past Sebastian Vettel has been very quick around Monza, winning twice, and the circuit seems to suit the Red Bull’s so I expect them to be in contention for pole on Saturday and putting their below par performance last week firmly behind them. Of course the McLaren’s will be on a high after Jensen Button’s victory in both qualifying and the race at Belgium and Hamilton will be firing on all cylinders after his troubles on and off the track as talk of his future with the team as hit the headlines once again. Early signs in practice were that Mercedes are going to have a better time of it around Monza with Michael Schumacher topping the list in P1. Mercedes have been a bit quiet lately in qualifying after showing glimpses of real speed in he early part of the season and maybe this weekend they can get back on track and contend on a circuit that will play to their strengths. I still don’t think they can contend on a Sunday but a rare pole position would not be the biggest shock we have seen this season. Selections; To Finish On Pole 2pts Sebastian Vettel 7/1 >BetVictor 1pt Mercedes Car to be on pole 13/2 >Betfred Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/formula-one-betting-vettel-the-value-to-get-back-on-pole-at-favoured-monza

Oh dear I am going to go with a completely different prediction to you BillyHills, so you should be confident of winning now :) 1pt lay S.Vettel to qualify in top 10, Betfair, 1.24 The engines are pretty much frozen in f1, but I've heard it said this week the Renault Red Bull uses is slightly down on the others, maybe just by 6bhp, but 6bhp is still 6bhp when most of the track is just straights! Theyve also been slow down the straights today and If they were gearing the car for the race this would help this bet even more...There are also little of the clusters of sweeping bends that usually suit an Adrian Newey car, like at a circuit such as Suzuka. Against that Vettel did win in the dry last year, but that was during their year of years when they had full exhaust blowing.... I have also read that Red Bull are struggling with a new thinner tread tyre introduced for Spa and Monza, and of course Vettel did not make q3 at Spa, although he did very well in the race. But qualifying may be tough, especially as Mercedes who were not competitive at Spa now look like they have the potential to be outqualfying the Red Bulls. So I think it will be tight, and therefore will happily lay Vettel at these low odds. Will also look at laying Webber at low odds if anything turns up (nothing so far!)

Going with these two as well, if one makes it will be in some profit, two would be a nice bonus.... 1pt N.Hulkenburg to qualify for q3, 2.3, bwin 1pt P.diresta to qualify for q3, 2.6, bwin Force India are doing well after a lacklustre start, and have two drivers who have impressed at different points. Since Canada, in every dry Qualfying, Flrce Indua have got at least one man into q3, which makes these odds against bets attractive to me. Additionally they showed good pace in practice, and although I wouldn't want to place very much emphasis on it given that the cars change, Force India have had good performances in the past at low drag tracks.

Re: F1 - Italian GP Italian GP We are used to seeing a surprise package upsetting the apple cart this season but with young guns Maldonado, Grosjean and Perez all effectively out of the running this week we could actually see a straight forward master class by the McLarens here in the red hot Mediterranean sunshine. From a betting point of view we are not getting much value in the front two although I suppose 11/4 about Button following up his win last week is better than the odds on about Hamilton and is worth a small bet as there is not much between them for sure. Third place is up for grabs and Vettel looks well positioned to take advantage of any lapses by those up ahead and represents a bit of value to get on the podium, Alonso is also sure to pressing hard for a top three slot but needs a bit of luck to move up from tenth, chances are by the time he does make some headway the guys up front will be long gone. The battle for points further down the grid will be interesting with the likes of Webber, Perez, Maldonado and Hulkenberg having a choice of strategy and for those wanting a sporting bet then Hulkenberg at 3/1 to storm through the pack could be quite interesting with his unused tyres coming in handy late on maybe? Selections: 2pts Jensen Button 11/4 Stan James 2pts Vettel to finish on Podium 11/4 >Bet365 1pt Hulkenberg to finish in points 3/1 >BetVictor Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/formula-one-betting-mclaren-to-dominate-at-monza-but-button-is-the-value-pick

Well done Ben, hope you got on Webber! Knew my fate early this morning after P3 i'm afraid, still have to get the articles up nice and early, win some you lose some.:ok
Yes I did for a little thanks! Bit of a pity about Hulkenburgs technical issue, but like you say win some lose some! 1pt K.Raikonnen to finish on the podium, 5 , Betfair Kimi is 7th and has been the best this year at improving from his grid position. It could be a long old race tomorrow with one stop in theory being fastest, and based on Schumachers race last time out I'm not confident about the ability of both Mercedes cars to do this, which are both in front of Kimi. If they drop out of contention it's still tough for Kimi -we will still have Massa,Vettel, Alonso no doubt sniffing for the podium, but given the Lotus impressive race pace this year and it's liking for the heat forecast tomorrow I'll take these odds!