KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept)

Aidymac

Putting up my selections now, but will back them on Betfair later on in the week, will see if i can get a good price on the win market. Good luck folks. Will add prices when i get the bets matched. *Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano* The Spaniard has 5 european tour wins to his name. He has only missed 2 cuts all year, a very consistent player. He was 2nd in the Welsh Open and 3rd in the BMW International. He won this event back in 2005, and although the course has changed, is now on the Hilversumsche course, he is very capable of winning here in the Netherlands again. *Felipe Aguilar* He has 1 European Tour victory to his name, and is a talented golfer. He looks very overpriced on the golf he is playing currently, especially as he was 6th in the Omega Masters only last weekend. He has had 3 Top 10's this year, also in the Nordea Masters and in the Ballantine's. His four rounds were very impressive last weekend, shooting 68, 69, 68, 67, very consistent golf, and looks too big at 100/1 this weekend. *Rhys Davies* Going to plump for this young Welshman to maybe spring a surprise this weekend. He has won a European Tour event, in Morocco in 2010, so he obviously does have talent. He is still relatively young too. His best finish this season has been 10th in the Avantha, he has had a relatively poor year, but he did finish in the Top 3 twice last year, and in 2010 he had a win and 5 other Top 6's, so he is certainly long overdue a good finish, this could be the week.

Re: KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept) Jose Manuel Lara 126 E/W 1/4 1-5 Lara shot a closing round 65 to finish 4th in this event in 2010 and was 6th last year, shooting 4 Sub 70 rounds. Hasn't found the form that he had at the start of the season but an opening 68 last week was promising and I think his affinity for this course makes him good value this week.

Re: KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept) Damien McGrane @ 440 Betfair A 2nd placed finish in the Trophee Hassan this year shows that he can still challenge on occasion and his record at this course is quite solid, with a 3rd and a 4th in recent times. Obviously a long shot but have a funny feeling he could do well this week.

Re: KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept) 1.5/10pts Each-Way D. Willett to win - 45/1 with BoyleSports (1/4 odds 1-5) I took Danny Willett last week and he put up a good show to keep himself in contention throughout the 4 days. He has had a good year and has proven he can win tournaments. He has played here a couple of times and, although they weren't brilliant finishes, neither result has put me off backing him. He's a better all-round player now, has put up good efforts all year and is coming here after a good tournament last time out. I think he'll go well. 1/10pts Each-Way R. Fisher to win - 35/1 with Coral (1/4 odds 1-5) Ross Fisher won this tournament a while ago and has a good recent record at this venue. Positions of T6th and T11th in the last couple of years show he knows how to play the course and despite not having a brilliant year so far, he has shown signs that a return to the top of his game isn't far away. He has been in contention a few times already this season and, when on the top of his game, is up there with the best in this field. Nice price. 0.5/10pts Each-Way R. Wattel to win - 40/1 with BetVictor (1/4 odds 1-5) Wattel doesn't have a great deal of experience here but is on form. Like Willett, I took him last week so there isn't too much to write again. Last time out he did well so comes here with confidence and as a much better player than he was on the last occasion he visited the venue. I think a win is just around the corner and the bookies are continuing to underestimate him. Should go well.

Re: KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept) 1pt ew D.Lynn to win KLM Open 20/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-5) Lynn won this tournament in 2004 and has had five top 12 finishes in this tournament since then. Lynn was second in the USPGA last month which followed a fourth place finish in the Open de France. He’s also been fourth in the Open de Andalucia so his form has been good all year. Only a poor first round stopped him from being really competitive at the European Masters last week so he’s in good nick and at 20/1 is worth following in Hilversum this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klm-open-betting-former-champion-david-lynn-can-recapture-the-title-in-hilversum-this-week

Re: KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept) This event is wide open and I think question marks can be put against many of the main protagonists. Kaymer's form, Colsaerts' suitability to the course, Donaldson's strike rate are 3 such examples. This week I'm taking 3 main bets. R.Fisher to win KLM Open, 2pts EW @ 35/1 BetVictor (1/4 odds 1-5) Former winner Ross Fisher has a cracking chance in this. Has played this event 3 times since winning in 2007, finishing 20-11-6 with the last 2 both being at this track. What interests me further is that in each of the last 2 starts here, he's had a 4 over 74 sandwiched in between 3 other cracking rounds. If he can iron out that one poor 18, he should be right on track to win a 2nd KLM. It's widely stated too that Wentworth is the course most similar to this so it's no surprise that his Wentworth record reads 2-9-8 in the last 3 years. Hasn't quite hit the dizzy heights of previous seasons but has recorded 4 top 10's on his last 8 European Tour starts. Finally, with the course set up similar to many English courses, it's no surprise to see an English dominance of the top 5 over the last 2 years. All in all, I think he represents a good bet to return to the winners enclosure. P.Larrazabal to win KLM Open, 1.5pts EW @ 80/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) The event is so open that I just had to include the potentially dangerous Spaniard at this price. Loves short tracks, with a record of 20-9-24-MC in his 4 events at courses under 7000 yards. I will ignore the last of these, just a week ago at Crans, as the course played much longer than on paper and by his own admission, his chipping was off. He posted on Twitter how he practised hard after a missed cut and feels he's ready to strike again, which is in stark contrast to what he said before Crans. Generally has a solid short game which should stand him in good stead and has played well this year without winning, missing his first ET cut last week. A bit of a streaky player, he could wrack up the birdies if his putter is on fire, I just think he's overpriced for a player who sits inside the World's Top 100. D.Horsey to win KLM Open, 1.5pts EW @ 80/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) I make no apology for having a 2nd Englishman in my team this week, given the excellent record of the English here. Horsey, similar to Larrazabal, has posted positive stuff on Twitter this week and has every reason to feel confident. Whilst being out of form and needing a good result to secure his place on the plane to Dubai, this is just the event he excels in. No Top 10 this year but has a great record here. 4th & 6th in the last 2 years, recording 8 straight under par rounds, which will surely see that old sparkle return. Has recorded a tour win on each of his last 2 seasons and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it 3 here. Generally goes well on shorter tracks and is one of the straightest hitters around which is a huge plus on this tree lined course that requires excellent driving accuracy.

Re: KLM Open - Hilversumsche GC (06 Sept - 09 Sept)

Putting up my selections now' date= but will back them on Betfair later on in the week, will see if i can get a good price on the win market. Good luck folks. Will add prices when i get the bets matched. *Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano* The Spaniard has 5 european tour wins to his name. He has only missed 2 cuts all year, a very consistent player. He was 2nd in the Welsh Open and 3rd in the BMW International. He won this event back in 2005, and although the course has changed, is now on the Hilversumsche course, he is very capable of winning here in the Netherlands again. *Felipe Aguilar* He has 1 European Tour victory to his name, and is a talented golfer. He looks very overpriced on the golf he is playing currently, especially as he was 6th in the Omega Masters only last weekend. He has had 3 Top 10's this year, also in the Nordea Masters and in the Ballantine's. His four rounds were very impressive last weekend, shooting 68, 69, 68, 67, very consistent golf, and looks too big at 100/1 this weekend. *Rhys Davies* Going to plump for this young Welshman to maybe spring a surprise this weekend. He has won a European Tour event, in Morocco in 2010, so he obviously does have talent. He is still relatively young too. His best finish this season has been 10th in the Avantha, he has had a relatively poor year, but he did finish in the Top 3 twice last year, and in 2010 he had a win and 5 other Top 6's, so he is certainly long overdue a good finish, this could be the week.
*Gonzalo Fernandez Castano - 3 Points WIN @ 70 Betfair* *Felipe Aguilar - 3 Points WIN @ 110 Betfair* *Rhys Davies - 3 Points WIN @ 150 Betfair*

P.Larrazabal to win KLM Open' date= 1.5pts EW @ 80/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) The event is so open that I just had to include the potentially dangerous Spaniard at this price. Loves short tracks, with a record of 20-9-24-MC in his 4 events at courses under 7000 yards. I will ignore the last of these, just a week ago at Crans, as the course played much longer than on paper and by his own admission, his chipping was off. He posted on Twitter how he practised hard after a missed cut and feels he's ready to strike again, which is in stark contrast to what he said before Crans. Generally has a solid short game which should stand him in good stead and has played well this year without winning, missing his first ET cut last week. A bit of a streaky player, he could wrack up the birdies if his putter is on fire, I just think he's overpriced for a player who sits inside the World's Top 100.
Argh! So close yet so far. Traded around 1.25 on BF too but just couldn't hold on. Essentially there were 2 things that contributed to the loss; first was putting. His iron play was terrific but he had probably 6 or 7 putts inside 10ft that he didn't make. Just one of those days. The other was that 16th hole where Hanson took 20 minutes on 1 shot. I actually think it played with Larrazabal's head. Shame when players are made to wait on the tee for so long. However, a nice profit on the event again! Over 200pts in profit this summer from under 100pts staked. I'll take that any day of the week. Italy on Thursday where Robert Rock is the defending champion. Aidy, unlucky with Gonzo too. It just never really went for him today.

Argh! So close yet so far. Traded around 1.25 on BF too but just couldn't hold on. Essentially there were 2 things that contributed to the loss; first was putting. His iron play was terrific but he had probably 6 or 7 putts inside 10ft that he didn't make. Just one of those days. The other was that 16th hole where Hanson took 20 minutes on 1 shot. I actually think it played with Larrazabal's head. Shame when players are made to wait on the tee for so long. However, a nice profit on the event again! Over 200pts in profit this summer from under 100pts staked. I'll take that any day of the week. Italy on Thursday where Robert Rock is the defending champion. Aidy, unlucky with Gonzo too. It just never really went for him today.
Castano was horrific Russ. He is so bad he has to get his caddy to guide him through a putt. He is crap off the tee and a brutal putter. I think a couple of bad drives cost Larrazabal, he is terrible off the tee, he is good from 100 yards in though. Great shout Russ