** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th

staffy

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Manchester United-Wigan AH-1.75 @1.98 6/10 ladbrokes The Red Devils weren't so impressive as expected so far. They had problems in all of their matches so far in their defence. But now, Ferdinand and Vidic should be far better as they had a break of 2 weeks were they could train together. De Gea is likely to get back between the posts after he was sacked for their away match against Southampton. Midfield shold also be much better now against this poor Wigan side. Cleverley was very impressive against Moldova (ok, just Moldova) as he showed a lot of his offensive skills playing right behing their only striker Defoe. He will give Ferguson further options for the offensive midfielder so that he could replace Kagawa with Cleverley and let Carrick and Scholes play in central midfield. Scholes is still having great skills, he is still able to control a match as we could saw against Southampton. As soon as he was coming on the field in the 61th minute, he did control the match and led United to the victory. Valencia and Nani should play on the wings, with the Portugese having to show much more as he wants a new contract. He was dropped for the Fulham match and came off the bench against the Saints being eager to let the poor performance against Everton being forgotten. AS we know from last season, Valencia is a beast on his right wing. Up front we have van Persie, who has fully arrived in the team obviously. Wigan has the worst squad of all Premier League sides along with Reading to me. They are traditionally poor starters. Their best player is keeper Al-Habsi. The big difference to the other teams that United has faced so far is that Wigan do not have such a brilliant midfielder. Everton had Fellaini, Fulham had Dembele and Southampton had Schneiderlin ( he was great- but I doubt if he was that good if they played at Old Trafford and not at St.Mary's Stadium). Wigan are lacking of such a good midfielder. With Ferguson being fury of their performances so far, especially in the defence, I expect a much better performance in the defence. Both Vidic and Ferdinand had 2 weeks time to re-form their brilliant partnership and they should definitely be much better organised in their defence. De Gea should be eager to do his very best knowing he has to prove himself (I guess Ferguson replaced him with Lindegaard to warn him). Offensively the team is working. They will be having their first Champions League match a few days later but they don't need to travel as they face Galatasaray at home. The players have to improve to make sure they will be playing on wednesday against the Turkish side as Ferguson doesn't have any problems to axe any player. I expect a much better defence, better midfield given the fact that Scholes is still at his very best and the fact that Cleverley is a good replacement for Kagawa should he make a poor performance like against Southampton. The wingers should do well as Wigan doesn't have the possibilities to stop them. You can call me crazy or whatever (maybe not) but I think United will finally beat their opponent remarkably, my call 4-0 GL

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Man.United did not start their season well and lost their first game against Everton. However, they played better in the other 2 fixtures beating Fulham and Southampton 3-2. Especially in their last game against Southampton they showed real character and Van Persie was great. The Red Devils have great attack and can easily score many goals, especially against Wigan. Moreover, they have impressive record against Wigan. They have won 9 out of the last 10 games against Wigan, keeping clean sheet in all 5 homes games out of these 10. I would have backed Man.United to win to nil, but I will not since they have conceded goals in all of their 3 games so far. Nevertheless, in 7 out of the last 10 games against Wigan the Red Devils won by at least 2 goals, and surprisingly they have also kept clean sheets in these 7 games. The only thing I can see here is Man.United winning by a big margin. Man.United -1 @ 1.72 (5 units) Bet365 Man.United -2 @ 2.87 (2 units) ​Bet365

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th

Mustafa' date=' would you not wait until it is certain that Van Persie and Kawaga will play?? I think they will, but would want confirmation before considering backing Utd[/quote'] Kagawa is almost certain to be out for this. If van Persie is out as well, United still has Chicharito and Welbeck. I can see United playing with this line-up: de Gea- Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra/Buttner-Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Valencia- Welbeck, Chicharito also possible to play with Cleverley instead of one of the two strikers. Still a very good team with the likes of Evans, Giggs, Anderson, Young and Fletcher on the bench.

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Not sure I would be confident of a Nani, Welbeck and Hernandez getting goals, Nani is in terrible form and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferguson sell him in the summer he just doesn't produce anymore and his contract demands are apparently mad, thinks he is far better than he actually is. Welbeck is a promising player but hardly prolific and Hernandez gets more games for Mexico than United. Its a good team by Premiership standards but I don't see anything that would frighten sides. United haven't impressed so far losing to Everton and struggling to wins against Fulham and Southampton, can't really see how they can be backed to beat the handicap at 1.7 in this one missing a couple of key men in forward positions.

Kagawa is almost certain to be out for this. If van Persie is out as well, United still has Chicharito and Welbeck. I can see United playing with this line-up: de Gea- Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra/Buttner-Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Valencia- Welbeck, Chicharito also possible to play with Cleverley instead of one of the two strikers. Still a very good team with the likes of Evans, Giggs, Anderson, Young and Fletcher on the bench.
Yeah but if you still fancy Utd without either or both of RVP & Kawaga, then would you not wait and take a bigger price if they are confirmed out??

Not sure I would be confident of a Nani' date=' Welbeck and Hernandez getting goals, Nani is in terrible form and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferguson sell him in the summer he just doesn't produce anymore and his contract demands are apparently mad, thinks he is far better than he actually is. Welbeck is a promising player but hardly prolific and Hernandez gets more games for Mexico than United. Its a good team by Premiership standards but I don't see anything that would frighten sides. United haven't impressed so far losing to Everton and struggling to wins against Fulham and Southampton, can't really see how they can be backed to beat the handicap at 1.7 in this one missing a couple of key men in forward positions.[/quote'] I agree with you about Nani. I watched him against Azerbaijan and our defenders managed to close him on both flanks, before he was eventually substituted on 60th minute. If our defenders can handle him, then any defender playing in the Premier League can do so and I hope he won't play against Wigan.

Yeah but if you still fancy Utd without either or both of RVP & Kawaga' date=' then would you not wait and take a bigger price if they are confirmed out??[/quote'] I played AH-1.75 on United. Now, I would prefer -1.5 but United is still too good for a Wigan side that is lacking of such an outstanding midfielder that United's previous opponent's were having even without RvP and Kagawa.

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th I actually think Wigan are underpriced here. Though Wigan has a terrible record against Man Utd, most of them are more or less irrelevant. United's 5 - 0 win last season was an emphatic scoreline, though you may remember a harsh red card to Sammon which Carrick even admitted it was absolutely nothing. I also recall a 1 - 0 Wigan win at the DW that they deserved. Despite the actual goal coming from a corner that shouldn't have been given, if you concede everytime from a corner then there will be a dozen goals every match. Of course you can back United on a handicap to get better odds, but the same stake on Wigan instead of United will net to 50x more profit should either be a winner. That just sounds shocking nevermind how unlikely it may seem. You'd have to go a long way for anyone to see Wigan getting a result. You'd be crazy... unless you take into account the somewhat standard odds offered in situations like this for big favourite at home against heavy underdog.

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Ferguson has revealed that both van Persie and Kagawa are fit to play. Furthermore Fletcher will be in the squad as well. Rooney is training on his own. He could make the bench for the Champions League match against Galatasaray and hopes to play from the beginning against Liverpool next weekend.

Ferguson has revealed that both van Persie and Kagawa are fit to play. Furthermore Fletcher will be in the squad as well. Rooney is training on his own. He could make the bench for the Champions League match against Galatasaray and hopes to play from the beginning against Liverpool next weekend.
Fit to play doesn't mean that they will play though. Champions League game and Liverpool next weekend, he could well rest both players. I personally think if Robin is fit, Ferguson should play him though, i would not under-estimate Wigan.

Fit to play doesn't mean that they will play though. Champions League game and Liverpool next weekend' date=' he could well rest both players. I personally think if Robin is fit, Ferguson should play him though, i would not under-estimate Wigan.[/quote'] I know it could be some part of Ferguson's mind games but he is well aware of the fact that the performances weren't great yet by far. There has to come more and probably they try to beat Wigan by a couple of goals to start well after the internationals as part of the preparation for Galatasaray and Liverpool.

I know it could be some part of Ferguson's mind games but he is well aware of the fact that the performances weren't great yet by far. There has to come more and probably they try to beat by a couple of goals to start well after the internationals as part of the preparation for Galatasaray and Liverpool.
I agree mate, i think Ferguson will try and get this Wigam game done and dusted ASAP. He will want to be 2 up at half time i reckon, so i think we could see a frantic start from the players.... I just hope Robin is playing, because without Robin, Kagawa and Rooney, i don't think United will be very creative, and it could turn into another Fulham job.

I agree mate' date=' i think Ferguson will try and get this Wigam game done and dusted ASAP. He will want to be 2 up at half time i reckon, so i think we could see a frantic start from the players.... I just hope Robin is playing, because without Robin, Kagawa and Rooney, i don't think United will be very creative, and it could turn into another Fulham job.[/quote'] They need to get on track as soon as possible with a lot of matches coming now. He won't take any risk with van Persie and Kagawa shouldn't they be 100% fit to play. Wigan isn't as good as Fulham. Furthermore Wigan has some problems themselves. Defender Alcatraz came back from the internationals from Paraguay with an abductor problem. Midfielder Beausejour missed Chile's international matches injured and McArthur has problems as well. Ferguson will play the best available players (as long as they are 100% fit to play). I see Scholes playing as well as Giggs here. Scholes from the beginning along Carrick in central midfield. Giggs could play on the left side and Valencia on the right. Giggs has yet to play and I think his season will start in that match. Cleverley could replace Kagawa as the offensive midfielder or Ferguson could choose to play with two strikers from the beginning, maybe we see van Persie partnering Chicharito.

Lads do you think Valencia will definitely start? He had a gruelling trip to South America' date=' playing the full match against Bolivia, and then getting sent off in 94th min against Uruguay on Tuesday night!![/quote'] I personally think he will start Kiddo. But you never know what Fergie will do, he is such an unpredictable manager.

Lads do you think Valencia will definitely start? He had a gruelling trip to South America' date=' playing the full match against Bolivia, and then getting sent off in 94th min against Uruguay on Tuesday night!![/quote'] If he is fit, he'll play. He is not like Nani, he performs well. So Ferguson trusts in him.

The Guardian suggesting RVP & Kawaga will miss out: Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa's starting berths for Manchester United's meeting with Wigan Athletic on Saturday are in the balance after each collected knocks on international duty, and the pair then appeared at a sponsor's launch on Friday evening. Van Persie and Kagawa, who were joined by Javier Hernández, were only at the event in a suite at Old Trafford for a few minutes but their presence less than 24 hours before the match suggests they could miss out against Wigan.

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Ferguson could play some mind games as he is angry because the FA announced Young was injured 2 weeks ago before the internationals and Southampton knw this by the time. So this could be some kind of mind games and it could be true that both don't play if Ferguson wants to rest them and not to take any gamble on their fitness.

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th I see Man United coming out to attack Wigan from the off. Sir Alex will want the game wrapped up in the first half so he can rest players with the champions league in mind in midweek. There are slight doubts over Van Persie and Kagawa but I have faith in the other creative options they have in Hernandez, Valencia and Scholes. They should have enough about them to beat Wigan who have looked slightly vulnerable defensively this season. Man United lead at half time in 24 of there 38 games last season and went on to win 23 of these games. Man United HT/FT 1.73 BetVictor

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Under 2.5 @ 2.70 bet365 Man Utd have been ordinary at the back with successive 3-2 wins over Fulham and Southampton due to their regular centre backs not playing together. Should see both Ferdinand and Vidic here which should give them some solidity and confidence that they can hold out a Wigan sides that has scored just twice in their last ten meetings, and they have not scored in their last five away games at Old Trafford. While Man Utd have scored 17 goals in their last 5 home games against Wigan, and without Rooney, there is a over-reliance on van Persie to score. He has scored 4 goals in his last two games but there are doubts over him, Kagawa and Young all playing. Would not be surprised that some if not all of these three players do not play, especially with a home Champions League game to play, and Ferguson will be looking to play a strong side there to ensure a very good start to that campaign to dismiss last year's failures. So like Wigan to play them close here, and keep this to a low scoring game

Re: Man UTD v Wigan > September 15th Teams play to win always, but no team or manager says, "I try to beat Wigan by a couple of goals." The object is winning, just winning, and both teams are trying to win. This is why handicaps are such a difficult call. It does not matter to a single player whether the final scoreline is 1-0 or 6-0...the three points is all that matters. And as it happens, the -1.5 in EPL is a very dodgy proposition for the favorite. I think if you're going to back Man Utd, the best odds on offer are HT/FT. But personally, I feel the value in games like this are with the +1.5 underdog.

I know it could be some part of Ferguson's mind games but he is well aware of the fact that the performances weren't great yet by far. There has to come more and probably they try to beat Wigan by a couple of goals to start well after the internationals as part of the preparation for Galatasaray and Liverpool.

Manchester United-Wigan AH-1.75 @1.98 6/10 ladbrokes The Red Devils weren't so impressive as expected so far. They had problems in all of their matches so far in their defence. But now, Ferdinand and Vidic should be far better as they had a break of 2 weeks were they could train together. De Gea is likely to get back between the posts after he was sacked for their away match against Southampton. Midfield shold also be much better now against this poor Wigan side. Cleverley was very impressive against Moldova (ok, just Moldova) as he showed a lot of his offensive skills playing right behing their only striker Defoe. He will give Ferguson further options for the offensive midfielder so that he could replace Kagawa with Cleverley and let Carrick and Scholes play in central midfield. Scholes is still having great skills, he is still able to control a match as we could saw against Southampton. As soon as he was coming on the field in the 61th minute, he did control the match and led United to the victory. Valencia and Nani should play on the wings, with the Portugese having to show much more as he wants a new contract. He was dropped for the Fulham match and came off the bench against the Saints being eager to let the poor performance against Everton being forgotten. AS we know from last season, Valencia is a beast on his right wing. Up front we have van Persie, who has fully arrived in the team obviously. Wigan has the worst squad of all Premier League sides along with Reading to me. They are traditionally poor starters. Their best player is keeper Al-Habsi. The big difference to the other teams that United has faced so far is that Wigan do not have such a brilliant midfielder. Everton had Fellaini, Fulham had Dembele and Southampton had Schneiderlin ( he was great- but I doubt if he was that good if they played at Old Trafford and not at St.Mary's Stadium). Wigan are lacking of such a good midfielder. With Ferguson being fury of their performances so far, especially in the defence, I expect a much better performance in the defence. Both Vidic and Ferdinand had 2 weeks time to re-form their brilliant partnership and they should definitely be much better organised in their defence. De Gea should be eager to do his very best knowing he has to prove himself (I guess Ferguson replaced him with Lindegaard to warn him). Offensively the team is working. They will be having their first Champions League match a few days later but they don't need to travel as they face Galatasaray at home. The players have to improve to make sure they will be playing on wednesday against the Turkish side as Ferguson doesn't have any problems to axe any player. I expect a much better defence, better midfield given the fact that Scholes is still at his very best and the fact that Cleverley is a good replacement for Kagawa should he make a poor performance like against Southampton. The wingers should do well as Wigan doesn't have the possibilities to stop them. You can call me crazy or whatever (maybe not) but I think United will finally beat their opponent remarkably, my call 4-0 GL
4:0 bet won even correct score good debut from Büttner, nice solo when he scored and also Powell who came on scored. other than that, Hernandez missed a penalty after 4 minutes and van Persie missed a goal with just 2m in front of an empty goal