Hornet's Hunting For Value

hornetsmad

After getting a little bored of "Trading Correct Scores", I'm going to try something a little different. This will mainly be laying on betfair, but occasionally backing with other bookies or even trading if I see an opportunity. Again, I will only post the bets that I believe to be "value". If for any reason you think I'm not getting value, please let me know. I'm starting with quite a big bank but will likely be withdrawing a lot of it as and when I can so as to retain profit. I may even withdraw funds after every bet, if I feel it necessary. Starting Bank: £110.00 Bet 1: Southampton versus Man Utd Lay Southamption @ 6.8 Liability £103.12 to win £17.78

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hornet's Hunting For Value United havent started too well, and with Fergie kicking off with the FA releasing news about ashley youngs injury, all isnt well in the camp. Add to that losing the 1st game, struggling to a poor 3-2 win over Fulham (who got hammered yesterday 3-0) in the 2nd game, no rooney, citeh winning yesterday to heap even more pressure onto utd. Add to that Southampton played great in the 1st game at citeh when no expectations, yet struggled when they were expected to do well at home to wigan. Well they will be under no pressure today on southampton, so they can play freely, and freedom equals positive results generaly Also, laying home teams at odds bigger than 3 over the years is proven to failure. You may get away with this, but 6.8 could be WAY overpriced. Just saying.

Re: Hornet's Hunting For Value Phew, it appears I got away with one. Thanks for your comments CookieMonzter, when I looked at the price this morning I saw Southamption had gone to around 7.8 so I was pleased that I layed at shorter odds. As it turns out though, you were right, and I was lucky to win this bet in the end. Perhaps you could let me know what you think of my next bet? I'd love if this thread could spark some decent discussion. Bet 1: Southampton versus Man Utd Lay Southamption @ 6.8 Liability £103.12 to win £17.78 WON: Final Score: 2-3 Profit/Loss: £16.89 Current Bank: £126.89

Re: Hornet's Hunting For Value Thanks for your comments, CookieMonzter. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I feel that this must have been a good bet considering the final score? Please keep commenting as I am really interested in your advice and opinions. Bet 2: Lens versus Angers Lay The Draw @ 3.2 Liability £67.06 to win £30.48 WON: Final Score: 1-3 Profit/Loss: £28.96 Current Bank: £155.85

Re: Hornet's Hunting For Value My next bet is on a match that doesn't take place for another few weeks, but I feel that with Zenit signing Hulk today, the price of them winning this match has dropped significantly enough to make this a value lay, and I want to get on it before the odds may rise again. Just a few days ago Zenit were trading at 3.1, so I feel I've got on at the right time here. Bet 4: Malaga versus Zenit St Petersburg Lay Zenit St Petersburg @ 2.82 Liability £45.99 to win £25.27

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Hornet's Hunting For Value Bet 10: Stuttgart versus Leverkusen Lay Stuttgart @ 2.62 Liability £32.77 to win £20.23 Staying in Germany for my next bet, although this match doesn't take place until next Sunday. However, I strongly believe that this is another value bet and the Stuttgart price will rise throughout the week. Hopefully this will be another winner and I can make it ten in a row!