** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September

staffy

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September I thought this game looked like another banker but although Southampton had a poor result against Wigan, most of there best chances came from crosses into the box. At least 5 good chances and hit the woodwork a few times. Funny enough this is an obvious weakness for man u. So I will wait for the team news on this because vidic def needs some help and doesn't seem to be player he was at the start of last season. Approach this game with caution!

Backing both to score - YES @ a standout 1.83 with ladbrokes. You can get this as low as 1.58 elsewhere, so I think this has to be taken. United have been superb away from home over the last year and I'm not surprised that they are this short against newly promoted Southampton. However, united have had A sticky start to the new season, and look particularly weak defensively (although I thought they would be a lot better because carrick has been talked up in terms of his defensive abilities). Now I'm unsure as to whether Evans will come into the defence here, but I still wouldn't be comfortable backing them to keep a clean sheet until Ferdinand and vidic are back playing together. Southampton do still have goals in them, and were kept out by the brilliance of Ali al habsi last weekend. I think, despite the obvious difference in quality, that Southampton will provide more of a test than the odds suggest here. Probable score line of 1-3 wouldn't surprise me here. But to my mind they have a great shout of at least getting one.

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September Southampton-Manchester United over 2.75 @1.87 5/10 pinnacle Southampton have lost both of their matches so far. They played with an offensive system against Man City and didn't try to defend like most of the teams do. They even played 17-year-old Ward-Prowse from the beginning. But they defence looked poor, keeper Davis also had quite a lot of problems. THen last week, they lsot 0-2 at home to a good Wigan side in a poor match. For this match, Southampton shpuld be doing the same they did against the ohter Manchester club: attack. Their defence is poor, they have Hoiveld and Fonte as centre-backs but neither of them is good enough for the Premier League. Keeper Davis isn't good enough as well. They signed Japanese defender Yoshida but he won't play in this match as he hasn't received international cleareance. THeir offense is good on the other hand with Sharp, Lambert, Rodriguez and new signing Mayuka (most likely not available for this match). New signing Ramirez won't play as well. United started poor with a loss at Everton which they deserved, followed by a 3-2 victory against Fulham. They showed defensive errors with Vidic and Carrick featuring as centre-backs but for this match, Evans is expected to be back to play alongside Vidic. Rooney is out for a longer time but that is definitely no problem. With van Persie playing up front, Kagawa behing him and Valencia and probably Nani on the wings (he has to show something for this match after his nightmare match against Everton and after being left out of the squad that faced Fulham), I cannot see how the Saints defence will defend it. But I also see Southampton causing United a lot of problems in the defence here. Southampton play at home, their best are is their offense and they cannot defend well enough. United will have no big problems to score and I see this one ending 3-1 in United's favour. GL

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September Man Utd made a shaky start against Everton away from home and looked vulnerable. Even at Old Trafford the managed to concede 2 against Fulham. Those clinical 0 - 1 away wins for Man Utd were extremely efficient and clinical performances, however it seems we are a long way off before they start playing like that again. Ferguson will always want a response, and 3 points is the clear target for United. Southampton themselves are yet to get their first points on the board. They gave it a real go against Manchester City and could have got themselves something from the game. They are a well drilled squad from their days in the Championship, but they learn't from their game against Wigan that the Premier League is a totally different ball park altogether. They were punished for their mistakes and Atkins addressed the issue. Looking at the odds I would have expected such for United last season. Southampton will relish this fixture and days like this is what you're in the Premier league for. Looking at the even odds Asian handicap market of +/- 1.0, I asked myself whats more likely, Southampton winning by any margin or getting a draw, or United winning by 2 goals or more? I jumped all over Southampton when Pinnacle were offering 2.020.

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September Man Utd to beat Southampton 1.6 @ Stan James - Although United have had a bit of a dodgy start with the defeat at Everton and nervy win at home to Fulham i still fancy them to get the three points tomorrow as i think they will simply have too much class up front for Southampton to handle and although they are not great at the back atm i still think they will outscore the Saints. Also, the way Southampton play will probably suit United as Southampton will not sit back and will go at United from the start and United will probably pick them off in the second half. Southampton have not made a good start with 2 defeats although their performance at City was admirable, although City did miss a lot of chances in that game and i don't think United will do the same with Van Persie playing. I think Southampton will give United a game but United's quality should show through in the end. I expect Southampton to score but United's attack will have too much for the Saints and i can see this ending up 1-2 or 1-3 to United. United have won 12 out of the last 14 games between these sides and have won their last 4 at Southampton. Anything over 1.5 for United looks value to me so i will take the 1.6 on offer at Stan James.

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September 4pts Both teams to score 5/6 Ladbrokes I expect this to be a fairly open game. I think Southampton are shrewd enough to appreciate they are unlikely to get anything if they look to defend and play on the break so I expect them to attack. That will play into the hands of United over time but you do get chances out of this United defence these days and Saints have the quality in forward areas to take advantage of that. It’s hard to see United not scoring so the 5/6 on both teams scoring looks a very solid bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/southampton-vs-man-utd-betting-both-defences-are-likely-to-be-under-plenty-of-pressure-in-this-match

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September Man Utd -1.5 @ 2.50 pinnacle With Evans coming back into the side to partner Vidic in defence, this Man Utd side looks more settled as Carrick can now move back into the midfield and allow him to move the ball out wide to players like Nani and Valencia, to use their speed and dribbling skills to get the crosses in. It did not take long for van Persie to show his goalscoring ability and with Kagawa in just behind him, this Man Utd side looks a side with goals in it. Defensively they should also be better and like them to contain Southampton that lost 3-2 away to Man City and then lost 2-0 at home to Wigan. Sotonare likley to play a more open game if their first two games are any indication which should further help Man Utd to be able to get in behind them and score the goals

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September

Southampton-Manchester United over 2.75 @1.87 5/10 pinnacle Southampton have lost both of their matches so far. They played with an offensive system against Man City and didn't try to defend like most of the teams do. They even played 17-year-old Ward-Prowse from the beginning. But they defence looked poor, keeper Davis also had quite a lot of problems. THen last week, they lsot 0-2 at home to a good Wigan side in a poor match. For this match, Southampton shpuld be doing the same they did against the ohter Manchester club: attack. Their defence is poor, they have Hoiveld and Fonte as centre-backs but neither of them is good enough for the Premier League. Keeper Davis isn't good enough as well. They signed Japanese defender Yoshida but he won't play in this match as he hasn't received international cleareance. THeir offense is good on the other hand with Sharp, Lambert, Rodriguez and new signing Mayuka (most likely not available for this match). New signing Ramirez won't play as well. United started poor with a loss at Everton which they deserved, followed by a 3-2 victory against Fulham. They showed defensive errors with Vidic and Carrick featuring as centre-backs but for this match, Evans is expected to be back to play alongside Vidic. Rooney is out for a longer time but that is definitely no problem. With van Persie playing up front, Kagawa behing him and Valencia and probably Nani on the wings (he has to show something for this match after his nightmare match against Everton and after being left out of the squad that faced Fulham), I cannot see how the Saints defence will defend it. But I also see Southampton causing United a lot of problems in the defence here. Southampton play at home, their best are is their offense and they cannot defend well enough. United will have no big problems to score and I see this one ending 3-1 in United's favour. GL
2:3 +4,35 van Persie scored three goals but missed a penalty in a very arrogant manner as he tried to chip in the ball Saints definitely deserved a draw but United with their classy finish

Man Utd to beat Southampton 1.6 @ Stan James - Although United have had a bit of a dodgy start with the defeat at Everton and nervy win at home to Fulham i still fancy them to get the three points tomorrow as i think they will simply have too much class up front for Southampton to handle and although they are not great at the back atm i still think they will outscore the Saints. Also' date= the way Southampton play will probably suit United as Southampton will not sit back and will go at United from the start and United will probably pick them off in the second half. Southampton have not made a good start with 2 defeats although their performance at City was admirable, although City did miss a lot of chances in that game and i don't think United will do the same with Van Persie playing. I think Southampton will give United a game but United's quality should show through in the end. I expect Southampton to score but United's attack will have too much for the Saints and i can see this ending up 1-2 or 1-3 to United. United have won 12 out of the last 14 games between these sides and have won their last 4 at Southampton. Anything over 1.5 for United looks value to me so i will take the 1.6 on offer at Stan James. Some nice bets in here lads, well done! United didn't deserve even a draw, but we'll take it! Van Persie is some striker!

Some nice bets in here lads' date=' well done! United didn't deserve even a draw, but we'll take it! Van Persie is some striker![/quote'] Feel like I have just been fcuked by Frankel... Well done Manchester United and all your loyal supporters. Particularly those who have been there, actually been to a game or can point out Manchester on a map!

Feel like I have just been fcuked by Frankel... Well done Manchester United and all your loyal supporters. Particularly those who have been there' date=' actually been to a game or can point out Manchester on a map![/quote'] Ahh be quiet you cry-baby! Go have a pint.

Man Utd to beat Southampton 1.6 @ Stan James - Although United have had a bit of a dodgy start with the defeat at Everton and nervy win at home to Fulham i still fancy them to get the three points tomorrow as i think they will simply have too much class up front for Southampton to handle and although they are not great at the back atm i still think they will outscore the Saints. Also' date= the way Southampton play will probably suit United as Southampton will not sit back and will go at United from the start and United will probably pick them off in the second half. Southampton have not made a good start with 2 defeats although their performance at City was admirable, although City did miss a lot of chances in that game and i don't think United will do the same with Van Persie playing. I think Southampton will give United a game but United's quality should show through in the end. I expect Southampton to score but United's attack will have too much for the Saints and i can see this ending up 1-2 or 1-3 to United. United have won 12 out of the last 14 games between these sides and have won their last 4 at Southampton. Anything over 1.5 for United looks value to me so i will take the 1.6 on offer at Stan James.
Got away with that one :eek Gotta feel for Southampton though they were brilliant.

Man Utd made a shaky start against Everton away from home and looked vulnerable. Even at Old Trafford the managed to concede 2 against Fulham. Those clinical 0 - 1 away wins for Man Utd were extremely efficient and clinical performances, however it seems we are a long way off before they start playing like that again. Ferguson will always want a response, and 3 points is the clear target for United. Southampton themselves are yet to get their first points on the board. They gave it a real go against Manchester City and could have got themselves something from the game. They are a well drilled squad from their days in the Championship, but they learn't from their game against Wigan that the Premier League is a totally different ball park altogether. They were punished for their mistakes and Atkins addressed the issue. Looking at the odds I would have expected such for United last season. Southampton will relish this fixture and days like this is what you're in the Premier league for. Looking at the even odds Asian handicap market of +/- 1.0, I asked myself whats more likely, Southampton winning by any margin or getting a draw, or United winning by 2 goals or more? I jumped all over Southampton when Pinnacle were offering 2.020.
Dang, bet voided, but I certainly thought there was plenty of value on it to say the least! 2/9/12 EPL Southampton vs Man Utd Southampton +1.0 Pinnacle 2.020 10/10 FT 2 - 3 VOID

I have no idea how you consistently get away with it.... I assume you are 'well in' with the moderators.
This quote is what antagonised me mate, there was no need for it to begin with. Apologies for my cheeky comments, but you were looking for a reaction referring to me with this. "Well done Manchester United and all your loyal supporters. Particularly those who have been there, actually been to a game or can point out Manchester on a map!" I thought Southampton were by far the better team yesterday. I also stated United deserved absolutely nothing from the match, Southampton were fantastic.

This quote is what antagonised me mate, there was no need for it to begin with. Apologies for my cheeky comments, but you were looking for a reaction referring to me with this. "Well done Manchester United and all your loyal supporters. Particularly those who have been there, actually been to a game or can point out Manchester on a map!" I thought Southampton were by far the better team yesterday. I also stated United deserved absolutely nothing from the match, Southampton were fantastic.
Thank you for the apology. With regards to my quote that antagonised you - I PROMISE THIS WAS NOT AIMED AT YOU IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. Just as you have done in the above post, it was the quickest way I could log onto the forum and participate in the thread. I appreciate that technically, my post had nothing to do with betting but I don't think mant regular posters can say they are not guilty of this on occassion. Regrdless of who the comment was aimed at, given that (I think) we are both from a Horse Racing background and have exchanged views that we are probably similar in many respects of our personalities I did not think that you would be so sensitive. As a supporter of a 'minority' team who have been through the mill the past few years, competing with the giants of the game means more than ever now. Given that over the years we have produced a constant stream of talent (Bale, Shearer, Ox-Chamberlain, Walcott etc etc) it was particularly gauling to lose to a Van Persie hatrick - a player whose development Manchester United have had nothing to do with whatsoever. Obviously Southampton were unlucky given that we were winning with 20 minutes to go. I am not sure I could say we 'deserved' to win though - not given that Manchester United missed a penalty and we opted to defend 10 yards deeper for far too long, giving Paul Scholes far too much space and took off our best players (not Puncheon!) exposing the weakest part of our team for too long offering no offensive threat. I was dissappointed that you reacted in the style of what I could describe as a typical Man U fan - for all I know, you could be a season ticket holder and I am sure that you and many others have legitimate reasons for supporting Man Utd. Unfortunatly, due to the ever incresing army of Man U supporters who have grown up with them winning most things, all Utd supporters are likely to be tarred with the same brush. When I was growing up, 90% of my classmates supported Liverpool - for the same reason - they won nearly everything. IT'S NOT A PERSONAL DIG, and I know it is just how it is, but to the average supporter of most other teams it shows a lack of personality and intelligence which is something that you are not short of. It must be hard to change though if that's what one plumped for at an early age - I do appreciate that. I think you were probably antagonised because there is a massive degree of truth to my quote concerning Manchester United fans - it's just my opinion, you won't change it - just as I would not assume to try to change yours. Of the 20 Man U supporters I know personally (given that I reside in Devon and Dorset this is not surprising!!) 6 of them bothered to text/phone to apologise!! 2 others were dicks about it. I'm truly sorry that I will put all Man U fans under the same umberella - that's probably not fair but 40% of the population (or whatever percentage of people support Man U) are not from Manchester. It is unfortunate, but the majority of Man U fans have not been there and have no affiliation to the club other than being influenced by results at an early age. Even if they were(from Manchester), there are 2 teams to split the support but for some reason or other, on a nationwide basis this hasn't happened - I guess that proves my point. Bygones, I am sorry that you were antagonised, although my comment was not aimed at you and thank you for the apology.

Re: Southampton v Man UTD > 2nd September Well my post was quoted mate, and i am a Man Utd fan, so of course i was going to think it was aimed at me? :loon I thought it was a dig. It's grand, under the bridge mate. And yes, your correct, most of United's fanbase is probably in China and Japan, and of course, Ireland.