** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Man City v QPR > 1st September

staffy

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Man City should cruise this game but 1.22 hardly seems worth it. Maybe a better bet is the Over /Under 2.5 . Over is 1.36 with city having a 79% over 2.5 rate at home last season.

It's not often you'll see me take a handicap on a short priced favourite, and I may end up finding something else, but I think Q.P.R could be on to a hiding here. They are a side that seem capable of capitulating and losing by a fair few. I know it was the end of the season, and it's unlikely to be a great marker for this fixture because of the changing circumstances, but City did dominate the same fixture last season and should have won about eight nil. I just think that Hughes is closely hitting the self district button. They've played one game, where they conceded five goals, and already they're being linked with a couple of defenders. Goalkeeper julio has signed from Inter. They already have a squad top heavy with dead wood. In the close season they moved on fifth teen players, and signed about ten. I think all this will do us hurt the harmony of the squad. It wasn't pretty when mark Hughes had a lot of money to play with at Manchester city, because trying to make wholesale changes and getting them to perform isn't an easy task. Now after two games, rangers are looking at other players, particularly in defence. It just looks a bad move from Hughes to try to change everything to do with the club in such a short space of time. He'd have been better off doing it gradually over the course of a season, and by building some momentum in the league in the process. But I doubt whether he's been given the time, which is disappointing, as I could see him being sacked by Christmas. There's just too much pressure to achieve for me to think rangers will succeed.

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Its a bit early in the league.. I swore id wait at least 6 games then assess the situations but I like the look of taking Man City (-1) 2nd half handicap @ 2.40 Paddypower Its a good price, worth the punt, the actually probability is there, only 2 games into the season but both games City have scored 2 in the 2nd half, 45minutes is a bit tight but i cant see QPR getting out of their own half here tbh.. average stake

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September For information, I watched QPR v Norwich last Saturday and QPR were dreadful. The majority look like a team (similar to what I've seen of PSG) of players that aren't interested in playing for the shirt, just happy to pick up a wage. The ones who were most poor appeared to be the likes of Park, Fabio and Cisse was offside several times. They were very poor defensively, Norwich (who are also quite poor) missed several good chances to put the game out of reach. City obviously have goals in them, so I'd take the -2 at 2.38. Over 3.5 goals is 1.83 SKYBET

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Agree with the consensus here. I do not normally bet much until the seventh round of games but have gone 10/10 on Man City @ 1.25 (William Hill). Their home record was impeccable last season and with a scare against Southampton where they played with an expectancy it would be an easy win, I think they will be fully focused here. It is imperative they go into the international break with a win under their belts. QPR have been poor, they deserved to lose at Norwich and the first day they were appalling by all accounts.

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September I can't help but be tempted by 3-2 Man City. The players QPR have got, they should be able to give City a game. Many teams have shown City are vulnerable when put under pressure particularly by QPR. Admittedly this is not a the title deciding game this time around, but i just think if QPR can supress city first half hitting them on the break when they can they can get goals, but we have also seen in the first 2 league games they are bound to concede goals too. maybe a small stake on 3-2 City @27 (Betfair)

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Either team not to score @ 2.05 (William Hill) looks a good price, seeing as you would expect a Man City win to nil. Not sure I will take it as I may be overexposed considering my heavy stake on Man City to win. Man City won a majority of games to nil last season and QPR are not that great going forward despite scoring twice at Eastlands last season.

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September 4pts Man City (-1.75AH) to beat QPR 5/6 Bodog QPR have started the season really poorly and even though Man City haven’t pulled up any trees so far this season it is hard to see the champions not winning this purely because QPR’s defence has been so horrendous so far this season. Aguero will be a miss for City but they do still have the likes of Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli to compensate for that and I think those three will have far too much for this poor QPR back line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-qpr-betting-city-look-good-things-to-expose-poor-qpr-back-line-in-the-saturday-late-game

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Highest Scoring half: 2nd half 11/10 @ Stan James - This bet is purely based on statistics. 31 out of 54 (57%) of Man City's games in all competitions last season had a highest scoring half in the 2nd half. In their Premier League games last season this percentage is even higher with 25 out of their 38 games (66%) having a highest scoring half in the 2nd half. Also, both of City's first 2 games in the league and the Community Shield against Chelsea this year had a highest scoring half in the 2nd half. Bit of a gamble here but from a mathematical viewpoint the odds are good value so will take the 11/10 on offer at Stan James.

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Man City -2.5 @ pinnacle Man City have been productive at home and averaged 3 goals a game there last season, and managed to score three times against Southampton, but there is some concern with their defence, as they have allowed two goals in their two EPL games. QPR on the other hand, have not had a good start to the season with a 5-0 loss to Fulham and a 1-1 draw with Norwich, and now having to face the side that pipped in their last game of the season. Man City won that game 3-2 but not too confident in QPR scoring here as they look like they lack ideas when going forward while their defence has been out of sync. Like Man City to right themsleves here after a lacklustre performance against Liverpool last week where they were fortunate to get a point, as QPR do not have the calibre to match it with them

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September

Man City -2.5 @ pinnacle Man City have been productive at home and averaged 3 goals a game there last season, and managed to score three times against Southampton, but there is some concern with their defence, as they have allowed two goals in their two EPL games. ......
Actually, that should be their last three EPL games. And the Community Shield too.

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September Man city league games last season at home. 19 first half goals and 48 second half goals. 11/10 for highest scoring half is a steal. CIty played very Italian like over defensive first half soccer last season. In the second half they open up and score plenty. City were never outscored in the 2nd half of a league game at home [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD] won 16[/TD] [TD] drawn :3[/TD] [TD] lost:0[/TD] [TD]goals for :38[/TD] [TD]against :10[/TD] [TD]goal difference 28[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Man City v QPR > 1st September

I will take a bet that have won in most of Man.City home games last season and have won so far this time as well. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 1.95 (2 units) ​Bet365
4pts Man City (-1.75AH) to beat QPR 5/6 Bodog QPR have started the season really poorly and even though Man City haven’t pulled up any trees so far this season it is hard to see the champions not winning this purely because QPR’s defence has been so horrendous so far this season. Aguero will be a miss for City but they do still have the likes of Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli to compensate for that and I think those three will have far too much for this poor QPR back line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-qpr-betting-city-look-good-things-to-expose-poor-qpr-back-line-in-the-saturday-late-game
Highest Scoring half: 2nd half 11/10 @ Stan James - This bet is purely based on statistics. 31 out of 54 (57%) of Man City's games in all competitions last season had a highest scoring half in the 2nd half. In their Premier League games last season this percentage is even higher with 25 out of their 38 games (66%) having a highest scoring half in the 2nd half. Also' date= both of City's first 2 games in the league and the Community Shield against Chelsea this year had a highest scoring half in the 2nd half. Bit of a gamble here but from a mathematical viewpoint the odds are good value so will take the 11/10 on offer at Stan James.
Well done. :ok