Flat Racing ~ Friday August 24th

3.40 York: Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Group 1) (5f) It’s a cracking renewal of the Nunthorpe and purely on ratings it should rest between Bated Breath, Sole Power and Ortensia. I don’t think York will suit the ex-Aussie mare and expect the other pair to fight out the finish as they did at Haydock back in May as long as the ground stays on the decent side. Of those at bigger prices we have Spirit Quartz who has done nothing wrong since joining Robert Cowell and would be my idea of a value bet and Paddy Power are going 4 places in this race which should be noted for those seeking a bit of a price. Selections: 3pts Bated Breath 4/1 Bet365 1pt EW Spirit Quartz 25/1 Paddy Power (first 4) Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-bated-breath-to-get-his-first-group-1-victory-in-nunthorpe-at-york

Re: Flat Racing ~ Friday August 24th As BH has already said in the above post it could all revolve around the Going. Studied this race all week watching countless amounts of replays but one thing i forgot was the weather, it was coming down pretty hard today at York and must have some affect on the going, backed two in this race and am not so confident now as i was on Ortensia, she's a class act but she prefers good ground and i had her down as a real contender, time will tell. I also really liked Pearl secret but changed my bet, its something we should never do so that could come back and haunt me, with BH on one of his choices that being Spirit Quartz, that being said Frankie rides and he's a jockey that haunts me, i think i backed all his 7 runners the day BEFORE he racked up the famous 7 at Ascot lol, Spirit Quartz does have a great attitude but has yet to get his head in front when it matters but at 25/1 thought he was worth a bet. VERY tough race and if i had known about the FC rain might have gone with two others but we pays our money and we takes our chances. York 3:40 Ortensia & Spirit Quartz Roll the dice.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.