** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August

3:05 York: Strictly Silver 1pt win 25/1 William Hill Strictly Silver put up a solid effort to blow away the cob webs at Newmarket, and although racing from out of the weights here, Strictly Silver had some form last season that looks good now in light of runs this year. For example, when beating Ortac Rock at Doncaster Strictly Silver had Fullbright behind racing off 92. Fullbright has won four times since and is now rated 108. On his previous run in September 2011, Strictly Silver beat Trail Blaze who has also gone on to win four times and go up a stone in the ratings. As two horses have done well after being beaten by Strictly Silver there is good reason to hope he too can improve, and while this is a very tough heat, Strictly Silver looks worth a try at 25/1.

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August *Kahruman - York 3:05* Very competitive race but i like this Haggas horse, and when the money comes for Haggas, it is usually spot on. This horse is very lightly raced and was a very fast finishing 6th of 29 in the Brittania last time out, was a very eye-catching run. Has won over this trip at Kempton, and if it can reproduce it's run last time out could be hard to beat. Hanagan is on again and that is a positive. Haggas stable is in ok form, and 6 of Haggas's last 20 runners at York have won. Big field so i will go e/w. *0.5 Points e/w @ 13/2 Paddy Power BOG*

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 17.05 Bath: Peachez @ 4/1 Bet365 Peachez done well as a 3yo last year, winning twice, including here at Bath. She started the new season only in June, raced then twice over 10f, not very successful but was much better back over 12f lto at Folkestone. She finished 2nd there but ran on very well in the closing stages and was just beaten by front-runner Mazij who was able to safe enough energy thanks to a rather slow pace throughout the race. This was just 11 days ago and Peachez looks in fine form. She's able to race off the same mark again. Five pound claimer Amy Scott is booked for the ride who won on Peachez at Bath last year already. A good deal of pace looks on the card in this race tomorrow, what would be surly beneficial for Peachez, only concern is the ground. It may still be a bit soft tomorrow and I'm not completely sure if that suits her entirely. If ground is no problem then I expect her to win this anyway.

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 3.05 York: Betfair Don’t Settle For Less Stakes (Handicap) (Class 2) (1m) A very tricky handicap indeed but the one I like is Trade Storm who showed us signs of a revival last time at Ascot. He has a good draw and will enjoy the conditions. An alternative bet for me would be Indian Jack from the Cumani yard, they had a handicap winner on the opening day and this one looks reasonably treated and could have finished closer last time. Invisible Man, Kahruman and last year’s winner Navajo Chief are respected in a wide-open contest. Selections: 1pt Trade Storm 11/1 Wiliam Hill 1pt EW Indian Jack 14/1 Ladbrokes Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-trade-storm-could-be-the-answer-to-a-tricky-handicap-on-day-two-at-york

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 2.00 York: DBS Premier Yearling Stakes (Class 2) (2yo) (6f) Interesting contest and a bit of a puzzle as most of these sales races are, no doubting the scope of both Rocky Ground and Blessington but at the prices I would sooner look for a bit of value and my two against the field are Hototo and Annunciation. Both are drawn high and have plenty of experience between them in higher graded races than this and should be prominent throughout. Selections: 1pt Hototo 11/1 >William Hill 1pt Annunciation 10/1 >Paddy Power Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-kevin-ryan-can-bag-york-sales-race-again-this-time-with-hototo

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 2.00 York - 3pts win Hototo @ 11/1 (Bet365) It's plausible that I'm mad for having a pretty solid bet in such a contest. These races full of unexposed types normally aren't my cup of tea unless there's one that sticks out big time and this is one of those cases for last year's winning trainer and jockey. He has to saddle a 5lb penalty for his win in the Windsor Castle at Royal Ascot but that race has worked out pretty nicely and he brings the strongest form the table in the race in my opinion. I think there's a lot of deadwood in the race and only Rocky Ground really concerns me out of those with very unexposed profiles. That will probably come back to haunt me but I think my selection sets a good standard and conditions here should be absolutely bang on. He was a very encouraging close 3rd on debut having been hampered and deprived of a clear run. He came home well behind a now 80-rated animal and shaped as if there was plenty more to come. He was no match for the talented Cay Verde at Ascot next time but that one is a smart animal himself and the soft ground wouldn't have been ideal for Kevin Ryan's charge. He did manage to get off the mark over 5f at Ayr next time out, though. He raced a bit keenly before coming to challenge but still seemed a bit green and didn't do much when in front. Phillip Makin didn't really reach for the stick and I think there was still something left in the locker for all it was a narrow margin success. The runner-up is now rated 86 and the pair were 6l clear. His victory in the Windsor Castle came next as he battled on well to score by 1/2l but I don't think he was really stopping at the line and the race worked out well. Horses came out of it to win Group 2, Group 3 and listed events as well as a good run in a Group 1 and a few winning maidens and running well in handicap company. He's run well the last twice but conditions haven't been ideal for him I don't think as the heavy ground wouldn't have been up his street in the Super Sprint at Newbury. He only went down by 2 lengths in the end and gave plenty of weight to most of his rivals. There's a 9lb swing today with the winner of that event which can see the form reversed in my eyes. Hototo ran in the Molecomb at Goodwood last time but that wasn't an ideal test for him. He's not an absolute speed merchant which can be necessary there, but stayed on to be 3rd in the end and looked ill at ease on the undulating track. He did well to finish 3rd in my eyes and showed that he'd relish the step up to 6f. He gets that today on ground that suits and the flat track could prove pivotal to him as he has looked uncomfortable when facing undulations. He's got rock solid form and should get a nice lead into the race without being far away. I like those tactics at York and Phillip Makin has chosen this one over Ryan's other (no forlorn hope) runner. He's drawn high, surrounded by a huge amount of pace so should have a nice run into the contest so long as Makin doesn't go off too fast.

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 3.05 York - 3pts win Kahruman @ 6/1 (Bet365) It's a real pain that Pricewise got there before me on this one as I've missed the 10/1 on offer yesterday. That would have been much too big to miss but I still feel he's a decent bet as I'd have priced him up at around 13/2 so I'll just have to take the hit on this occasion. No 3-year-olds took their chance in this last year but Ransom Note won this two years ago and the age group had the 1st, 2nd and 3rd back in 2007. I think it can pay to be on a younger horse again this year with the 6lb allowance and William Haggas' lightly-raced type looks the ideal candidate for this race. Much of his pedigree suggests a sound surface is what he wants to be at his best so his recent effort in the Britannia at Royal Ascot can be upgraded somewhat based on the slower ground conditions. He still ran well into 6th of 29 doing some decent work at the finish. His previous form looks strong and suggests he can prove competitive off his mark of 98. He ran a solid 4th on debut (again with cut in the ground) behind a now 94-rated animal, before progressing nicely since. He beat a horse on his reappearance this year at Kempton by 2 3/4l who has subsequently won a maiden to be rated 88 with two 89 horses a further 5 lengths back. The bare form of that would give him every chance of exploiting this mark and it's very possible to suggest he wouldn't have been at his best on that occasion given his absence from the track. He was thrown straight into listed company next time out at Sandown in the Heron Stakes. He was up with the pace and only was beaten off by the finishers inside the final furlong. It looks strong form with the winner rated 105 after two decent efforts in Group company since and the 2nd likewise to be 108. He's a big scopey horse with room for further improvement given he's only had four runs to date and a more positive ride should help having been held-up at Ascot last time. Not a huge amount of these will be desperate to go forward from the gates by the looks of it and hopefully Paul Hanagan can work his way into a good position from stall 13. If he does then I think he'll go very well.

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 4.50 York - 2pts win Instance @ 15/2 (VC) Don't believe this is a Pricewise selection which encourages me given the early market support on a filly who it's difficult to know what to expect from. She created a good impression last year when winning three out of five races, including a ready success at Newmarket off a mark of 83. A return to that form would see her go very close here off 89 but fingers were burnt back over the same c&d next time out when she was well-held. It was her first run outside of her age group which is some excuse but she was very well supported on that occasion and clearly disappointed. She wasn't seen again until May this year at York over 6f where she again ran no sort of race. The long absence obviously played a part in a competitive event but I would have liked to see a bit more from her. However, both times she flopped she didn't get any cover and I think she probably prefers getting a nice toe into her races before being maneuvered into contention with not too long to race. She's not the easiest as she raced a bit awkwardly last time out back on the July Course but it was a much more promising effort and one that gives her hope here if building on it. They didn't go much of a gallop really and although she travelled better than she had the previous twice she didn't pick up immediately and seemed to just get done for a bit of speed. However, she did run on at the finish in a somewhat ungainly manner but it did suggest she could be on the way back and running herself into form. A larger field and a stronger pace should help her plenty today and William Buick can hopefully give her a nice waiting ride. She's not particularly predictable but someone clearly thinks she's going to run well here and she's certainly capable of taking the spoils if she is on a going day.

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August York 3.40pm If I was a layer rather than a backer I would consider taking on The Fugue today as it returns to 12f. It won quite cosily over 10f last time out but it could be a different story over this longer trip. Coquet was unlucky in the Oaks and looks a big price while Wild Coco was back to form on its seasonal return last time out and is improving but gives weight to the 3 year olds. Interesting race, full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-coquet-and-wild-coco-could-represent-value-against-the-fugue-in-yorkshire-oaks Selections: 1pt WIN – Wild Coco 10-1 BetVictor 1pt WIN – Coquet 12-1 Bet365

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 3.05 york very difficult hcap but this has thrown up 2 very strong bets on the computer which surprised me as it looks very open .......INDIAN JACK and CROWN COUNSEL come out just 1pt apart on 110 and 109 with the next horse al muheer (104) and the fav kharuman on (100) ......on paper this looks easy for me to just back the top 2 as both have ideal conditions in a fast mile race but AL MUHEER is available at 60.0 on betfair and is by no means that price based on his speed rating especially as he gets to race a full 21lb !! lower on his back from when he ran that at ripon so overall he is the value bet in the race by far today at that price ......at the prices ill take all 3 indian jack 4pts win 14/1 will hill crown counsel 4pts win 12/1 bet365 al muheer 2pts win 65.0 betfair

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August ANDERIEGO (15:05) probably looks a bit too ‘obvious’ having won on his last two starts, both over this C&D but David O’Meara really looks to have found the key to this horse and further progression looks likely, and in a race that will probably be run to suit then he still looks a good bet today. He’d had some fair form for Dermot Weld in Ireland last year but lost his way a fair bit and took his time to find his feet for this new yard. After some experimentation with different trips, this mile distance really saw some rapid improvement, with a second and two victories to his name since going up to this trip for David O’Meara. The first of these victories over this C&D, off a 13lb lower mark was particularly taking as he finished so strongly and although some will argue that in his last time out success, off 7lb lower than today’s rating, that he got the run of the race being close to the pace in a slowly run affair, he was obviously dossing in front a fair bit and had to do plenty of the donkey work in the home straight, so is value for a little bit more than the winning margin suggests. You usually wouldn’t want to be taking slowly run races as gospel, but the fact is that there looks to be very little pace on in this race, even accounting for the fact it is a big field. That stands Andereigo in good stead, especially as he’s seemingly adaptable regarding what happens with how quick they go. That can’t be said for many of these hold-up types here and although a competitive enough affair, I expect Andereigo will go extremely well. He obviously handles conditions, has the assistance of Kieran Fallon once again, is well-drawn in stall 6 and won’t mind sitting prominently if needs be. He may not look much of a price really in such a seemingly competitive race but I’d have him as a clear favourite really at around the 11/2 mark. Racking up a three-timer will be difficult but he has plenty to suit today and he looks too appealing a bet to overlook. Navajo Chief would be my next idea of a bet, as he has the best 7lb claimer on in the country, comes from a yard in-form and wouldn’t mind a slowly-run contest if one occurred. I do get the impression though that Andereigo could be slightly better treated today, as I believe he’s capable of achieving a three figure rating very shortly, so he ranks as the bet. A very competitive listed race, with three in Sequence, Pale Mimosa and Bite Of The Cherry coming into this contest with recent wide-margin successes under their belt. The largely disappointing Firdaws completes the four most prominent in the market but I do think that DANE STREET (16:15) has been largely ignored by the market thus far and is worthy of support, even though she’ll obviously have to improve on her effort last time out. She didn’t seem right then though, which could explain why the 57 day absence and she’s been reported to now be in “cracking form at home” and that obviously bodes well, with the better ground and stiffer trip also big positives, she’s far from out of this. She’s had four starts to date and the impression she gives out if that she’s yet to get her ideal trip, having looked like wanting further when running well behind the now extremely smart Princess Highway at Leopardstown and even when winning her maiden over 10f at Fairyhouse (not a bad contest, four individual winners come out of it). The way in which she went about winning that race suggested further would definitely suit, staying on particularly strongly and also that genuine good ground or quicker would also be of benefit. She never looked happy on her last start, which could well have been down to the testing conditions she faced, as she doesn’t really have the action for a slow surface, but it was a particularly odd ride nonetheless (met trouble) and is probably worth ignoring altogether I’d have said, as she’s much better than that. Now upped to 1m4f and having her first try on quick ground, questions can be obviously be asked to whether she’ll enjoy it. That being said, she’s always shaped as if this trip would be within reach and her actions suggests that quick ground won’t be a bother to her, so I’m not particularly concerned on either of these fronts. I’m more concerned with a couple of her opponents, with Pale Mimosa looking particularly smart when hacking up by 15 lengths last time out. She has the pedigree/action to handle the quicker ground and is a big danger, but in a competitive race like this I wouldn’t really want to be taking 11/4. Sequence and Bite Of The Cherry were subject of two genius rides from Ryan Moore but won’t get the same time of it today you’d have to think and the latter will most likely be found wanting, whilst the former should be priced more towards the 3/1 mark and is worthy of opposition. Firdaws has been a real disappointment and although bred to appreciate the trip, along with shaping better than the bare form suggests last time (hampered, should have been 3rd) the fact is that she’s generally a bit exposed and vulnerable to one more lightly-raced, accompanied by the fact that she’s probably priced on the reputation of her dam and yard. Cracking Lass will have to be coming here with steam coming out of her ears if she’s to win off an absence like that in this sort of contest. Whilst Aniseed will likely outrun her odds without winning . Dane Street faces what is likely her ideal trip, she should appreciate this better going and is seemingly in much better form at home than when last seen on the track. William Buick is riding so well at the moment and is booking is an obvious positive around York. She’s overpriced at these odds given that she doesn’t seem to have particularly much on figures to find on her best form (which I fully expect her to show) and is well worthy of investment here today. 16/1 is a ridiculous price given she should be closer to 8/1 and I’m advising a slightly bigger stake than normal. Bets 15:05 York – Andereigo; 1pt @ 8/1 Bet365 (bog) 16:15 York – Dane Street; 2pts @ 16/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 2.30 york newfangled is very popular today and trading around 11/10 but at that price against fast improving horses that just looks a silly price and must be taken on .........speed ratings suggest RODHU QUEEN who recorded a 100 on the clock lto is more than capable of taking this fav on if lasting the 6f which is always a concern but at 5x the price around 6/1 its a no brainer bet for me ....... rodhu queen 3pts e.w 6/1 corals

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 2.00 york might as well stick a pin in this race as these 2yo are fast improving and this is a hot event as 2yos go .if im going to bet then i was looking for big improvers at a decent price and although i like body and soul around 8/1 ,NEW PEARL looks an even better bet at 14/1 with will hill .new pearl has improved every run recently recording 74 ,88,99 on last 3 runs and 99 is top draw for a 2 y old and as good as anyone in this race ......with just a touch more improvement and a bit of luck he could make the frame at least ...... new pearl 3pts e.w 14/1 will hill

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 5.35 Bath CHAPTER NINE 4pts win @ 11/8 bog (Paddy Power and William Hill) Had a good start of his career in Irleand back in 2009 with a good second on debut at Navan (10f, 23-runner maiden) and a neck win at Dundalk (11f, 14-runner maiden), both in October 2009. Started his handicap career in 2010 off 78 and his mark never was never below 70 until last December even if the gelding collected just a few places. Changed 3 yards (Coogan, Fitzgerald and Gorman) before joining Seamus Mullins a few months ago and coming back after a 5-month break with his mark dropped to the basement level Chapter Nine showed he still retains some good abilities and finished 3rd at Brighton (1m4f, good to soft) in a selling handicap off 46 15 days ago and won in impressive style over today's C&D (good ground) in a similar class 6 handicap off 45. More than the 3.5L gap between him and the second what impressed was the way he won, very very easily. So under a 6lb mandatory penalty he can race here off 51 while the handicapper correctly sent him up to 56 and is therefore 5lb ahead of the handicapper here. Moreover the booking of William Twiston-Davies is another help as the young promising apprentice jockey claims 3lb off his back in what is an apprentice handicap. Finch Flyer and Captain Oats are the main dangers because they are both running well but the Aytach Sadik-trained 5yo won only once in 22 starts and it was 2 years ago off today's same mark of 52, ran well last time out back on the flat (very close 3rd over 10f at Nottingham off this mark) after a spell over hurdles, but has had many chances off this mark and doesn't look particularly well handicapped. While the 9yo trained by Pam Ford is still a maiden after 25 career start and even if he finished second on both visits here at Bath (latest on his second last start in June in a similar race but off a 3lb lower mark) and was second again last time out at Chepstow (1m4f, good to soft) off a 1lb lower mark (two weeks ago) neither Finch Flyer nor Captain Oats seem a big threat for my selection.

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August 3.40 york the fugus obviusly is the standard in this race but price doesnt inspire a bet especially in such a classy race .was from the o brien camp will be dangerous as he usually works his magic with these types so it would be no surprise to see him turn form around with the fugue .....with only 7 runners ill take a chance on bible belt and wild coco .both have a bit to find with the main 3 but both at least have shown much improved form of late especially the latter for h cecil who always warrants respect in these big races .....bible belts run behind dancing rain last season would give him real chances today in this and speed ratings suggest he has been trained with this race in mind as they are improving quickly and now only 7 pts behind that run last season ,wild coco isnt as fast as these but at least will not lack for stamina and if it comes to a battle then wont be stopping bible belt 2pts win 22/1 stan james wild coco 2pts win 11/1 stan james

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August some great write ups there,I can't compete with it I'm afraid,just the one for me today NAVAJO CHIEF 3 05 york,won this last year,and seems to like york,with a couple of wins,and placed efforts,1 mile is his trip,and as someone said a decent apprentice onboard,good luck all

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August York - 16.50 - Night Lily EW @ 14/1 Bet365 Strong AW performer who i felt ran very well at Goodwood in group 3 company. She travelled nicely, but didn't quite have the pace to go with the front trio finishing only 3L back in 6th. Today she goes back into a handicap off a mark of 89 which certainly shouldn't be beyond her in my books, she has won off higher marks on the AW and has proved she can still mix it with better company on her last couple of outings. Drawn wide in stall 15 and i don't feel it will cause too much of an issue, she is normally held up and can hopefully come with a nice late run down the long straight. My main worry is that she is 0/14 over 7f (all career wins are at 8f) but the ground conditions are perfect - all her turf wins have been on good-firm or firm. And she has one of the best 7lb claimers around booked in Micheal Murphy. He's riding winners for fun at the minute and he won on the only time he has rode for Paul D'Arcy

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August

3.05 york very difficult hcap but this has thrown up 2 very strong bets on the computer which surprised me as it looks very open .......INDIAN JACK and CROWN COUNSEL come out just 1pt apart on 110 and 109 with the next horse al muheer (104) and the fav kharuman on (100) ......on paper this looks easy for me to just back the top 2 as both have ideal conditions in a fast mile race but AL MUHEER is available at 60.0 on betfair and is by no means that price based on his speed rating especially as he gets to race a full 21lb !! lower on his back from when he ran that at ripon so overall he is the value bet in the race by far today at that price ......at the prices ill take all 3 indian jack 4pts win 14/1 will hill crown counsel 4pts win 12/1 bet365 al muheer 2pts win 65.0 betfair
feel like having a good go today and was going to bet in last race at york but just noticed last 8 winners of this race were 3 or 4yr olds and coincidence that top 2 clear rated are 4yr olds ? so ill omit last race and double stakes on indian jack and crown counsel instead (8pts both) (taken 12/1 on both )....plenty of other 3 or 4 yrolds with chances but bit of coincidence too far for me update .......finished 3rd and 5th in the end .......indian jack finishing fast but given too much to do ......disappointing

2.00 York: DBS Premier Yearling Stakes (Class 2) (2yo) (6f) Interesting contest and a bit of a puzzle as most of these sales races are, no doubting the scope of both Rocky Ground and Blessington but at the prices I would sooner look for a bit of value and my two against the field are Hototo and Annunciation. Both are drawn high and have plenty of experience between them in higher graded races than this and should be prominent throughout. Selections: 1pt Hototo 11/1 >William Hill 1pt Annunciation 10/1 >Paddy Power Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-kevin-ryan-can-bag-york-sales-race-again-this-time-with-hototo
nice price:clap

2.30 york newfangled is very popular today and trading around 11/10 but at that price against fast improving horses that just looks a silly price and must be taken on .........speed ratings suggest RODHU QUEEN who recorded a 100 on the clock lto is more than capable of taking this fav on if lasting the 6f which is always a concern but at 5x the price around 6/1 its a no brainer bet for me ....... rodhu queen 3pts e.w 6/1 corals
rodhu queen wins ......fav broke down but i think he would have given him a good run anyway ........returns around 27pts so nice win .....

York - 16.50 - Night Lily EW @ 14/1 Bet365 Strong AW performer who i felt ran very well at Goodwood in group 3 company. She travelled nicely, but didn't quite have the pace to go with the front trio finishing only 3L back in 6th. Today she goes back into a handicap off a mark of 89 which certainly shouldn't be beyond her in my books, she has won off higher marks on the AW and has proved she can still mix it with better company on her last couple of outings. Drawn wide in stall 15 and i don't feel it will cause too much of an issue, she is normally held up and can hopefully come with a nice late run down the long straight. My main worry is that she is 0/14 over 7f (all career wins are at 8f) but the ground conditions are perfect - all her turf wins have been on good-firm or firm. And she has one of the best 7lb claimers around booked in Micheal Murphy. He's riding winners for fun at the minute and he won on the only time he has rode for Paul D'Arcy
Shame the rain came - Non Runner

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August :clap

2.00 York - 3pts win Hototo @ 11/1 (Bet365) It's plausible that I'm mad for having a pretty solid bet in such a contest. These races full of unexposed types normally aren't my cup of tea unless there's one that sticks out big time and this is one of those cases for last year's winning trainer and jockey. He has to saddle a 5lb penalty for his win in the Windsor Castle at Royal Ascot but that race has worked out pretty nicely and he brings the strongest form the table in the race in my opinion. I think there's a lot of deadwood in the race and only Rocky Ground really concerns me out of those with very unexposed profiles. That will probably come back to haunt me but I think my selection sets a good standard and conditions here should be absolutely bang on. He was a very encouraging close 3rd on debut having been hampered and deprived of a clear run. He came home well behind a now 80-rated animal and shaped as if there was plenty more to come. He was no match for the talented Cay Verde at Ascot next time but that one is a smart animal himself and the soft ground wouldn't have been ideal for Kevin Ryan's charge. He did manage to get off the mark over 5f at Ayr next time out, though. He raced a bit keenly before coming to challenge but still seemed a bit green and didn't do much when in front. Phillip Makin didn't really reach for the stick and I think there was still something left in the locker for all it was a narrow margin success. The runner-up is now rated 86 and the pair were 6l clear. His victory in the Windsor Castle came next as he battled on well to score by 1/2l but I don't think he was really stopping at the line and the race worked out well. Horses came out of it to win Group 2, Group 3 and listed events as well as a good run in a Group 1 and a few winning maidens and running well in handicap company. He's run well the last twice but conditions haven't been ideal for him I don't think as the heavy ground wouldn't have been up his street in the Super Sprint at Newbury. He only went down by 2 lengths in the end and gave plenty of weight to most of his rivals. There's a 9lb swing today with the winner of that event which can see the form reversed in my eyes. Hototo ran in the Molecomb at Goodwood last time but that wasn't an ideal test for him. He's not an absolute speed merchant which can be necessary there, but stayed on to be 3rd in the end and looked ill at ease on the undulating track. He did well to finish 3rd in my eyes and showed that he'd relish the step up to 6f. He gets that today on ground that suits and the flat track could prove pivotal to him as he has looked uncomfortable when facing undulations. He's got rock solid form and should get a nice lead into the race without being far away. I like those tactics at York and Phillip Makin has chosen this one over Ryan's other (no forlorn hope) runner. He's drawn high, surrounded by a huge amount of pace so should have a nice run into the contest so long as Makin doesn't go off too fast.
nice winner

Re: Flat racing ~ Thursday 23rd August Folkestone 7:45 Selfara @ 10pts win Impressive last time out with the drop to 5f for the first time winning by 3 1/4 lengths. 2nd on 7 by 3/4 lengths in penultimate start. Has been progressing well all year and there might be more to come from her. Booking of James Doyle is a plus, he's been on board in 5 of the 6 starts; 11th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st. Monessa @ 2pts ew 7th of 11 last time out by beaten only 3 3/4 lengths. It's her best effort in five starts or since 04Aug11. Last time out was only her second run this year so she could improve today. Penultimate run was for 10th of 10 by 16 lengths.

3.05 York: Betfair Don’t Settle For Less Stakes (Handicap) (Class 2) (1m) A very tricky handicap indeed but the one I like is Trade Storm who showed us signs of a revival last time at Ascot. He has a good draw and will enjoy the conditions. An alternative bet for me would be Indian Jack from the Cumani yard, they had a handicap winner on the opening day and this one looks reasonably treated and could have finished closer last time. Invisible Man, Kahruman and last year’s winner Navajo Chief are respected in a wide-open contest. Selections: 1pt Trade Storm 11/1 Wiliam Hill 1pt EW Indian Jack 14/1 Ladbrokes Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-trade-storm-could-be-the-answer-to-a-tricky-handicap-on-day-two-at-york
2.00 York: DBS Premier Yearling Stakes (Class 2) (2yo) (6f) Interesting contest and a bit of a puzzle as most of these sales races are, no doubting the scope of both Rocky Ground and Blessington but at the prices I would sooner look for a bit of value and my two against the field are Hototo and Annunciation. Both are drawn high and have plenty of experience between them in higher graded races than this and should be prominent throughout. Selections: 1pt Hototo 11/1 >William Hill 1pt Annunciation 10/1 >Paddy Power Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/york-betting-kevin-ryan-can-bag-york-sales-race-again-this-time-with-hototo
Flippin Hell, think it was 1973 the last time i had two winners in one day:lol