** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Liverpool v Man City > Sun 26 August

Re: Liverpool v Man City > Sun 26 August Liverpool - Man City Pick: Over 2.25 Result: Pending Stake: 5/10 Odds: 1.74 Bookmaker: PINNACLE Manchester City again one of the big favourite of the championship this year. Liverpool is a dissappointment but I think they can score at home to Manchester City. Because on the beggining of the season teams let their rivals attacking more. This kind of teams can score anytime. So, I expekt an over game.

Re: Liverpool v Man City > Sun 26 August Over 3.5 @ 3.31 sportsbet Liverpool played pretty well in the first half against West Brom but like last year, they did not make the most of their chances and were behind to a top quality goal. From that, their defence fell away and can see them having problems without Agger and Enrique. Expect t the nimbleness of Tevez and Nasri as well as the brute strength of Balotelli to cause them problems as this City teams has goals in them. However their defence has been caught out, and though they beat Chelsea 3-2 in the Community Shield, they also beat Southampton 3-2 at home last week, and Suarez has shown that he can get into goalscoring positions. City were not as strong on the road last season as they were at home, and they do give up goals. They have just drawn twice and lost 8 of their last 10 visits to Anfield, with 4 of their last 5 games at Anfield seeing both sides scoring. With both defences not that solid then can see goals in this game

Re: Liverpool v Man City > Sun 26 August

They have just drawn twice and lost 8 of their last 10 visits to Anfield' date=' ....[/quote'] I mean no offence mate but what a Manchester City team of 2006 and before did at Liverpool can't seriously be taken into account by anyone who's thinking of having a bet on today's game can it? The second stat is valid (and interesting) but anything that happened before City became the richest club in the world, quite frankly, isn't. Not to mention the fact that in 2006 Liverpool were a top two Premiership team and not a team struggling to get back into the top six.

Re: Liverpool v Man City > Sun 26 August If man city pull this off I win big on a accumulator therefore I could be biased. In terms of players and ability... obviously city win but there seem to be more factors and liverpool don't loose many to big clubs at home. If ballotelli and tevez on I am hopefull. Man City win 4/6 bet365 [h=3]Liverpool[/h]

• 25 Reina
  • 02 Johnson
  • 16 Coates
  • 34 Kelly
  • 37 Skrtel
  • 08 Gerrard
  • 21 Lucas
  • 24 Allen
  • 31 Sterling
  • 07 Suarez
  • 29 Borini
[h=3]Man City[/h]
  • 01 Hart
  • 04 Kompany
  • 05 Zabaleta
  • 13 Kolarov
  • 28 K Toure
  • 07 Milner
  • 08 Nasri
  • 34 De Jong
  • 42 Y Toure
  • 32 Tevez
  • 45 Balotelli

6/4*
I don't like backing teams away from home but this is a great price on City. Liverpools defence was poor to say the least vs West Brom. carragher has lost a step. Kelly is a bit green. I think City will be attacking in this game and Liverpool will try to hit them on the counter. High balls up to Suarez, hit and hope really. City clearly have the class and ability to score today and I expect them to come out 2-0 winners. If they get a very early goal, it could turn into a procession.

Selection Over 2.5 goals Strength 10/10 Date 26/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95 Reasoning I see goals in this game. Liverpool are desperate for a result here. They have such a difficult start that they need to attack here. Man City are also capable of scoring goals and wont settle for anything less that a win.
2 good results for me today brings me back roughly level for season.

Only 1 bet for me this weekend, and that is on Manchester City. Liverpool could not have asked for a worse opening set of fixtures. West Brom away on the opening day where they got crushed 3-0 and were awful defensively. Next up is Man City at home, then Arsenal at home, Sunderland away and Man United at home. Does not get tougher than that. Daniel Agger got sent off against West Brom, so he misses the city game, and that is a huge loss for Liverpool, as i don't know if Carragher has the pace anymore. Skrtel was also very dodgy, and Enrique has a knock at the moment so possibly may not play. Defensively, i am very worried for Liverpool. City started off with a more competitive game than many people predicted. They beat Southampton 3-2, and the Saints played very well, but City did create an awful lot of chances, and with the Liverpool defence in disarray, they should have enough to score a couple of Anfield. Even though Aguero is likely to be out with an injury, City still have Adebayor, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko to choose from. Micah Richards is still out, as is Gareth Barry, but City have great strength in depth coming into the Liverpool game. I really do see a City win coming, and they will be my only bet of the weekend. To have any chance, i feel Liverpool needed a full strength defence. City are strong all over the pitch, and even though Southampton rattled them at the Etihad, i have no doubt they will be up to the task at Anfield. I think 7/5 is a very fair price. *Manchester City - 10 Points WIN @ 7/5 Coral*
Liverpool deserved to win this match, silly errors cost them, but it was a much improved display. City will be thrilled with a point as they were rubbish, but it is a loss for my bet on City, and deservedly so, no complaints. Bets 2 Wins 1 Stake 20 Points Profit/Loss +3.75 Points Yield +19%

I mean no offence mate but what a Manchester City team of 2006 and before did at Liverpool can't seriously be taken into account by anyone who's thinking of having a bet on today's game can it?
I know the game has finished, but to avoid any calls on after timing, I did mention similar information to aidy before the game... You would be surprised how many of these records continue for years and years, even when managers change, players change etc... I personally think you're nuts to discount head to heads. All statistical information should be considered regardless of how obscure YOU see it to be, otherwise you're potentially disregarding huge amounts of supporting case data for or against an outcome.

I know the game has finished, but to avoid any calls on after timing, I did mention similar information to aidy before the game... You would be surprised how many of these records continue for years and years, even when managers change, players change etc... I personally think you're nuts to discount head to heads. All statistical information should be considered regardless of how obscure YOU see it to be, otherwise you're potentially disregarding huge amounts of supporting case data for or against an outcome.
Each to their own I suppose. To me, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to include in your analysis, what happened when a Liverpool side who were good enough to finish 3rd, beat a City side who could only finish 6th from bottom six years ago. They are two totally different teams now when City are Champions and Liverpool are outside the top six. The head to heads that Blackcrow quoted said that Liverpool had won 8 of the last 10 home fixtures against City and therefore pointed to a home win which obviously didn't happen and, I would suggest, adds weight to my theory that head to heads from that far back are not relevant. If you had disregarded ancient history and looked at the last five fixtures at Anfield in league and cup, you'd have found that four out of five have been draws (score draws in fact) which turned out to be the more accurate predictor of events.

Bottom line is that recent and not to recent history suggested city tend to struggle at anfield, which I felt per game was important to consider. Blackcrow is a more audacious punter who went for the straight win. Sometimes it would have come off for him.

Blackcrow is a more audacious punter who went for the straight win. Sometimes it would have come off for him.
Actually i went for the goals - just wanted to point out that Man City have not done well at Anfield and not a sure thing for this game.