** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Elite Racing Club

Got a mailshot from Elite Racing Club today offering half price membership for 12 months , £92.50 instead of £185 , which seems very good value. You get many benefits like a weekly newsletter , a share in the prizemoney , information hotline , stable visits and discounted racecourse tickets. I want to ask if any of you members are or were in the past a member of ERC and would you reccommend it. I'm considering joining purely for the inside information for punting purposes. I can't imagine the return from prizemoney will amount to much more than the cost of a meal. Can anybody reccommend it or otherwise ? Is there any other racing clubs worth considering at a similar budget ?

Re: Elite Racing Club I was a member of Elite for two years from early 2008 to 2010. Like you say you get a newsletter every week, it's an A5 booklet & it reviews the races that the Elite horses run in, lists possible targets for them & does features on the trainers etc. They also have several broodmares & it updates whats going on with their breeding programme, it's actually quite good. They have around 20 horses in training & you can apply to go when one runs, I applied about five times & never got a badge. Also with stable vists the most that a yard will generally have in will be about 40 & Elite have thousands of members. I joined because I fancied going in the parade ring or to look behind the scenes at a yard & as such it was a let down for me. However if you want to say you are a winning racehorse owner then I can & yes you do get a share of the prize money but as you say it amounts to the cost of a meal, in my case a Big Mac & a milkshake but that was not what I joined for. They have a normal phone line for the info & change the code on a regular basis, the new code is in the newsletter. If there's a runner they will give a quick summing up of the horses chance & a suggested bet at a value price, for example they may say have 1pt each way at 16/1 & you are on only a minute at most so you are not being ripped off by 10 minutes of premium rate waffle. It's only the club horses that are on the info line but they do run other things. They have a lottery syndicate & a football pools syndicate too, then there is the Saturday Six Club & not only can I say I am a winning horse race owner but I can also claim to have won the scoop 6 including the bonus race the week after. You join for a block of eight weeks at £3 a week, £24. £2 goes into a syndicate perm each week & the other £1 gets you another A5 newsletter discussing how they've got on & horses to note from previous weeks. That's actually quite good & probably better than the phone info in many ways. Any way I had a go & they clicked with all six. The following week they had two picks in the bonus race because the perm had contained a non runner so it went on the favourite which was already in the perm & which won. One of the two bonus race selections won & the winnings came to just over £300,000, however there were 6,000 members in the syndicate & I got just over £50. There's nothing wrong with Elite, it's cheap they don't rip you off but if you think you are going to be seriously involved then you are not. It all depends what you want & for less than £100 you won't get anything any good anyway. I will send you a PM in a little while by the way. Rio.

Re: Elite Racing Club

I'm considering joining purely for the inside information for punting purposes.
Surely with thousands of people getting the same limited info this is not suitable for your needs is it? I imagine most horses would "have a chance of a place on his best form etc...." To get proper inside info you would need to invest a bit more than £90. For example Ruth Carr was advertising 5% of Cono Zur for £300 plus £90 a month all in. Now you would get a lot of inside info from that yard but obviously is a much bigger outlay.