** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

SPL > August 4/5

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 4 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Celtic v Aberdeen (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hearts v St Johnstone (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Kilmarnock v Dundee (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.04[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ross County v Motherwell (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.77[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.82[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 5 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dundee United v Hibernian (13:00 BST)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: SPL > August 4/5 Hearts - St Johnstone game is very likely to end with under but odds for totals are not very juicy. Both teams are solid for SPL standards and I think we can expect a competetive game here. I am much more inclinined toward (+0.5) St. Johnstone handicap. They lost many games in the end of last season what might be reflected in odds. But it does not matter much - they are a solid team that is refreshed and ready to show some good performance, especially in first game of season. Inverness have not lost any single game from last 6 between then and St. Mirren. Moreover 5 from last 6 games of Inverness finished with under. Again, even tough the hosts are slightly favourites here, I am more inclined to take underdogs here because it is the first game of the season and it could easily end up with a tie. I take (+0.25) Inverness here for 1.89. I also believe Kilmanrock is overpriced here in the first game against freshly promoted club Dundee FC. I agree they are favorites to win this game but DFC will surely want to keep a good result for the good start of the season. I would not be so fast to take them with +0.25 handicap but +0.5 DFC looks too good to miss for me. The hosts, KIlmarnock have won only 7/20 home games last season and this time I feel they wwill not get 3 points here. A draw is very likely. I also considered taking Hibernian +0.75 but after long deliberation I decided to let it go. +0.75 handicap is very tempting but I am not brave enough to take it wink.gif

I've taken Kilmarnock at around evens as I feel that's a fair price here. Dundee are only in the SPL thanks to rangers' expulsion. They finished a clear 20 points behind Ross county in division one last season, and I'm unsure as to how ready they are for that level of football.

I've taken Kilmarnock at around evens as I feel that's a fair price here. Dundee are only in the SPL thanks to rangers' expulsion. They finished a clear 20 points behind Ross county in division one last season' date=' and I'm unsure as to how ready they are for that level of football.[/quote'] 0-0 final score... Still feel this was a good pick that maybe would have come through had Killy been a bit sharper. Rob Douglas in the Dundee goal pulled off several top saves.

Re: SPL > August 4/5 Dundee United v Hibernian Dundee United performed well on Thursday night against Dinamo, but the late equalizer may be a big kick in the teeth, and they put so much into the match that they could be tired. Hibs have re-signed Griffiths and McPake, the only 2 loanees worth keeping, and brought in Clancy from Motherwell, a highly rated goalkeeper in Ben Williams, plus Paul Cairney and Gary Deegan to add some fight in midfield. McPake and Clancy plus the new goalkeeper should keep it tight at the back and with Griffiths upfront they have a chance of scoring. Hibs are too big a price and anything can happen on the first day. Hibernian 9/2 @ paddypower 0.5/10 Hibernian +0.5 23/18 @ pinnacle​ 2/10