betting help

i placed a bet on the 1855 race at bellestown on sat at 1848 and took the 9/4 available in shop,the horse was a comfortable winner and when i went collect i was advised there was a 45p in the pound deduction, as i had a few beers,i didnt want to dipute there and then i left it till the next day at my local shop(same company) and was informed there were loads of non runners and her system said it was now showing 25p in the pound,i still wasnt convinced so i emailed the head office.and this was the reply There were several Rule 4’s concerning William Hill Early Bird prices for this particular race – Bellewstown 6.55 - as following; R4 45p Applies pre 12:56 R4 40p Applies 12:57 – 13.02 R4 25p to all bets placed between 13:03 until the 1st show from the course. my concern is when i placed the bet 9/4 wasnt available why do they have a rule 4 from 1302 till 1st show,

Re: betting help You took a board price of 9/4, 7 minutes before the off time when there was no betting through from the course. The horse actually opened up 6/4 due to the 4 non runners and won at 11/10. I would assume they hadn't formed a new market from the last NR, suspect it was a late withdrawal? To be honest they should have suspended the market until the 1st show but because they didn't they had to apply the R4. 9/4 with a 25p R4 is till just over 13/8 so you were still better off than taking SP.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.