The Scottish Open

Aidymac

Re: The Scottish Open *Fredrik Jacobson e/w @ 50/1 Sportingbet - 6 places* The Swede plays most of his golf on the PGA Tour, but comes to Scotland in preperation for the British Open next week. He has had a good year on the PGA Tour with 6 Top 20's in 12 events, a 50% success rate, very impressive. He has had 3 european tour wins in his career. He is a fantastic player tee to green, was 19th in the Masters this year and was 15th in the US Open. Last year he was 16th in the British Open and 14th in the US Open. He was 14th in the Scottish Open here in 2005 and he will want to play well coming into next years tournament. Harrington @ 16/1 and Jacobson @ 50/1 does not make sense to me, great value. *John Rollins e/w @ 100/1 Bodog - 6 places* Looks like John is taking the British Open very seriously this year coming here to play, and he has a good game. This year already, he was 3rd in the Farmers Insurance, 8th in the Phoenix Open, 7th in the Zurich Classic, and 4th in the Travelers, some good shooting. He has length off the tee, and has a good iron game. This will be a nice warm-up for him, and again he will want to get his game right for next week, and he can go well. *Gregory Bourdy e/w @ 150/1 Skybet* Big price for a man with 3 european tour wins to his name. He hasn't set the world alight yet this year, but he did have 3 Top 20's, and i think his game will be suited to this course. He has never missed a cut in the Scottish Open from many times playing this event, and i like backing a big priced golfer that is reliable for making the cut, as it gives you a run for your money for the 4 days, all about value.

Long time lurker, did try and get on to let you know of a huge value chunk courtesy of bwin earlier. Ha branden grace @ 50/1 for outright but every other market priced incorrectly. Top5 @40/1 Top10 @ 16.7/1 Top 20@ 6.7/1. Got small stakes on top

Re: The Scottish Open Good luck chaps! Not much course form to go on as it's only the second year here and they only managed three rounds last year. Mikko Ilonen 1pt e/w @ 150/1 Bet365 (6 places) A two time winner on tour the Finn has a liking for links golf, he won the Amateur Championship at Hoylake and as a teenager used to fly over to Britain to hone his skills on the links. He finished 9th in the Open back in 2001 and had a nice 10th place at the Irish Open a couple of weeks ago, his best finish of the season was 3rd place at the Nordea Masters last month so his form is decent and he can go well at a nice price here. Thomas Bjorn 2pts win @ 70.0 Betfair *(price matched on Monday lunchtime before the bookies priced up the market, now about 44.0) I was going to back the Dane for the Irish Open, until I realised that he wasn’t playing which rather scuppered my plan (lesson learned, look at the entry list before doing research as it saves me from having a face-palm moment later). Five top 10 finishes at the Open show how much he likes links golf and three wins last year show what a top player he still is. He’s finished 2nd*and 8th*in his last two regular tour appearances and has all the experience and skills to cope with whatever the weather can throw at him this week. Also has two wins in Scotland. Absolutely chuffed to get matched at this price, would have been delighted to get 50.0. Branden Grace 2 pts win @ 65.0 Betfair Pretty much what I said for the Irish Open, had a decent outing at the French Open but couldn't sustain a challenge on Sunday. Hopefully this will be third time lucky with me backing him.

Re: The Scottish Open Going to have a pop with 3. L.Oosthuizen to win Scottish Open, 2pts EW @ 33/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-6) I like the South African's chances here. With scoring due to be low, we need someone that's great with the short stick and Louis is the man. Added to that a terrific iron game as well as a guy who can play well in the wind, as proved when winning the Open a couple of years back, he has a very solid EW chance indeed. World No 20 and 2 wins to his name this year too. R.Cabrera-Bello to win Scottish Open, 1.5pts EW @ 60/1 Boylesports (1/4 odds 1-6) Has had his best season ever, with a win and 3 further top 3's in just 15 starts. Solid game and is beginning to look consistent, he looks to have a great shout this week. If his irons hold up, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd tour win this season, especially with confidence at a high. Course should suit. A.Noren to win Scottish Open, 1.5pts EW @ 70/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-6) Not had the best of seasons but Noren is a player capable of ripping up a course. Is generally at his best when the wind is blowing a bit but, more so, when scoring is expected to be low. He struggles on the tougher courses but that shouldn't be an issue here. With wind potentially accounting for many of the other players, he has conditions to suit and if that short stick is on fire, he'll give us a run for our money. Back to full fitness now.

Re: The Scottish Open I'll join you lads for a wee bet in prep for the big one next week. Three small e/w bets for me. Martin Kaymer 33/1 PP 1-6 Has not been at best thus far this golf year but i expect him to kick on now going into the second half of the season. Will be a threat next week in the open but could very well do a bit of damage in this and well capable of picking up another major at some stage even if it isn't next week and well worth a small nibble at the price in this. Simon Dyson 55/1 Bet 365 1-6 Consistant player on the european tour although a little blip last week in France missing the cut very unlike him had a real good year last year winning two titles one of which was Irish open he is always threat on the european circuit and it would be no big surprise if the English man won on Scottish soil. Shane Lowry 100/1 PP 1-6 Could be a live outsider here. I decided at the start of the year i would keep a close eye on this big young Irish lad but i have been a bit disappointed with is play this year and indeed general results since he turned pro in 09, he had a shocker month in June but to be fair he has played better in the two tournaments in july a good top 20 finish in France last week could well have turned the corner i rate this guy quite highly he won the Irish open as an amateur which is no mean feat, he just hasnt delivered as a pro as yet but has the potential i think. 100/1 is massive if he turns up in the mood. Certainly a golfer worth keeping an eye in the near future in imho.

Re: The Scottish Open

Long time lurker, did try and get on to let you know of a huge value chunk courtesy of bwin earlier. Ha branden grace @ 50/1 for outright but every other market priced incorrectly. Top5 @40/1 Top10 @ 16.7/1 Top 20@ 6.7/1. Got small stakes on top
Apologies for my rather disjointed post yesterday. The odds above were placed up by Bwin and i had roughly £40 on the top 10 market at 1667/100. They have just now (after the bet being placed for 20 odd hours) have decided to just cancel the bets and return my stakes. Is this well within their right to do so or is there anything I can do or say to get the bet back? I think it's an absolute joke that they have made a mistake but can just go "oh we made a mistake, we'll remove any liability and refund this persons stake" unreal. Donk company tbh, they tried telling me Portugal had more possession than Spain in the Euros until I sent them a giant email highlighting them to the facts. Livid at the moment. Any help/ tips would be appreciated? or is there generally nothing i can do? I will assure them that all my funds will be getting removed, account closed and I will push everybody I know away from using their 2bob company. If i had mistakenly placed a bet there is no way they would allow me just to "cancel" this and return my stake!

Re: The Scottish Open It's a quite legitimate palpable error in my opinion. You knew the odds were wrong at the time you first posted the bet so I don't think it's that unfair. It is Bwin though, so it's kind of a shame you didn't get away with it simply because I hear awful things about them. Generally speaking though, you knew the price was wrong and tried to get on anyway, they noticed their mistake and voided the bet. I don't blame you for trying but don't really think you have that much of a grievance here.

It's a quite legitimate palpable error in my opinion. You knew the odds were wrong at the time you first posted the bet so I don't think it's that unfair. It is Bwin though' date=' so it's kind of a shame you didn't get away with it simply because I hear awful things about them. Generally speaking though, you knew the price was wrong and tried to get on anyway, they noticed their mistake and voided the bet. I don't blame you for trying but don't really think you have that much of a grievance here.[/quote'] Yeh true, well It just infuriates me that although this is probably stated in the T&C's; if I were to mistakenly place a bet, there is noway they would allow me to have my stake back, however, they make a mistake (which generally is the only way punters can profit- when bookies make a mistake) and can just take the money back.

Apologies for my rather disjointed post yesterday. The odds above were placed up by Bwin and i had roughly £40 on the top 10 market at 1667/100. They have just now (after the bet being placed for 20 odd hours) have decided to just cancel the bets and return my stakes. Is this well within their right to do so or is there anything I can do or say to get the bet back? I think it's an absolute joke that they have made a mistake but can just go "oh we made a mistake, we'll remove any liability and refund this persons stake" unreal. Donk company tbh, they tried telling me Portugal had more possession than Spain in the Euros until I sent them a giant email highlighting them to the facts. Livid at the moment. Any help/ tips would be appreciated? or is there generally nothing i can do? I will assure them that all my funds will be getting removed, account closed and I will push everybody I know away from using their 2bob company. If i had mistakenly placed a bet there is no way they would allow me just to "cancel" this and return my stake!
Feel for you BT. I dare say they more than likely read your post at some stage. It would be unwise for layers not to read this forum. I had it a few times with B 365, they refered to it as the "Obvious mistake", it wasn't so obvious if your bet lost. That was a few years ago, they are a bit better behaved now. Layers on betfair wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Did you re-wager at lower odds?

Re: The Scottish Open Gamblers bet - Miguel Jimenez 150/1 (Betfair250),out of form,not won since winning 3 times in 2010,but impeccable short game. Top Spaniard market looks weak,headed by Cabrera Bello and Larrazlabal,Jimenez looks the bet at 11/2,could prove a good covering bet.

L.Oosthuizen to win Scottish Open, 2pts EW @ 33/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-6) I like the South African's chances here. With scoring due to be low, we need someone that's great with the short stick and Louis is the man. Added to that a terrific iron game as well as a guy who can play well in the wind, as proved when winning the Open a couple of years back, he has a very solid EW chance indeed. World No 20 and 2 wins to his name this year too.
I completely agree with you, and just wanted to pip by to say that he's been made underdog to win his opening round three-ball against Molinari and Gallacher at Bet365, at odds of 3.6. I've jumped on this, looks far too high. (edit- On second glance it looks like it's probably a mistake, wouldn't be surprised if my bet is voided)

I completely agree with you, and just wanted to pip by to say that he's been made underdog to win his opening round three-ball against Molinari and Gallacher at Bet365, at odds of 3.6. I've jumped on this, looks far too high. (edit- On second glance it looks like it's probably a mistake, wouldn't be surprised if my bet is voided)
Is Oosthuizen best of 3? On Unibet you have this following line: [TABLE=class: uTableBetOffer] [TR=class: uTrLevel5] [/TR] [TR=class: uTrLevel5] [TD][/TD] [TD=colspan: 6] Best score - Round 1 [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: uTrLevel5] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: uTdLevel2, colspan: 6] Molinari, Francesco [/TD] [TD=class: uTdInnerBetTd] 2,30 [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: uTrLevel5] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: uTdLevel2, colspan: 6] Oosthuizen, L [/TD] [TD=class: uTdInnerBetTd] 2,60 [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: uTrLevel5] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: uTdLevel2, colspan: 6] Gallacher, Stephen [/TD] [TD=class: uTdInnerBetTd] 3,75 [/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Scottish Open If i was to guess without looking at any odds, and just take the golfer's ability alone at hand, my tissue would be something like: L Oosthuizen 1.95 F Molinari 2.50 S Gallagher 3.20 I think Oosthuizen should be favourite. However, Molinari is having a good year. Was 2nd in France last week, 10th in the Irish Open 2 weeks ago, he is in form. Oosthuizen is out of form, but on a going day would wipe his opponents out. Then again, Stephen Gallagher is playing on home soil, i think Molinari is no value and the other two are backable prices. Certainly would not rule Gallagher out here, this is his back yard. Very tricky, i would probably stay away from it. Why? Oosthuizen is the best player, but is out of form. Molinari is having a good few weeks, but is not reliable and is underpriced. Gallagher is the outsider, but he is playing on home soil where he will certainly be up for it. Lottery! Take a pick and hope for the best. If i was given £100 and was forced to put it on one of the 3? Louis Oosthuizen.

aidymac what do you think of belgian Nicolas Colsaerts 3.08 to be in top 10@bwin 1.83 to be in top 20@bwin:eyes
Another of my favourite golfers, had him backed in the Matchplay earlier this year where he won @ 16/1. He has had 7 Top 10's from 15 events this year which is superb golf, so if you take his form into account, he has been in the Top 10 in 46% of the events he has played in. If you take that statistic alone and convert it into odds, it's odds would be roughly 5/4 ?????? But you can get over 2/1 for a Top 10 finish, that has to be value no??? He has only finished between 11th and 20th position once this season, all the value lies in the Top 10 for me, but i certainly think he has a great chance of being in the Top 20. He was also 3rd in the Scottish Open last year, another big plus.

Re: The Scottish Open Oosty for me too. Tournament preview: 1pt ew L.Oosthuizen to win Scottish Open 33/1 Betfred (1/4 1-6)

Louis Oosthuizen showed all his quality both in the game of golf and links golf when he won The Open by a large margin at St Andrews in 2010. He has shown since that he can play this unique type of golf. He was 5th in the Alfred Dunhill Links last year and with this course not being the longest I think he’s bang in with a chance this week. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/scottish-open-betting--louis-oosthuizen-can-enhance-his-reputation-for-links-golf-at-castle-stuart

Re: The Scottish Open hi guys i know its boring but im sticking with peter whiteford again as i believe he is playing well particularly in the first round of tournaments.had a good first two rounds at castle stewart last year before a one over 3rd round knocked him down a few places.another scottish player who may give a good account is craig lee,a player who performed very well at portrush two weeks ago when conditions were pretty miserable.looking at the forecast i feel similar conditions may prevail.just a mention here for rafael jaqelin also who had a cracking run last week at his home event again seems to be a guy for the adverse weather.i have backed him some time ago for the brittish open as i believe lytham st annes will suit him well so it is nice to see him hitting a patch of form...seems to perform well at most of the tough courses and top tournaments.i have pw at 125 and 200 for 1st round leader and outright winner and craig lee at 200 and 300 so have had a little on each way.

Re: The Scottish Open Third round preview: 4pts S.Lowry to beat T.Aiken Evs Skybet

Shane Lowry has been playing the golf course a lot better so far. He has only missed five fairways and has hit 29 of the 36 greens so he is in a better position more of the time. Links golf is more natural to Lowry anyway and I expect him to go well on Saturday in conditions he should be expected to thrive in. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/scottish-open-betting--shane-lowry-can-make-his-move-on-a-potentially-exciting-saturday-in-inverness

Re: The Scottish Open Final round preview: 4pts A.Hansen to beat F.Molinari 11/8 Skybet

It was a tricky decision whether to take Hansen to win this two ball or the tournament outright from here but I would rather just need to beat one man than multiple players especially on this golf course where scoring isn’t the hardest and where someone can easily come from the pack to win. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/scottish-open-betting--anders-hansen-can-take-the-honours-in-the-final-group-on-sunday

Going to have a pop with 3. L.Oosthuizen to win Scottish Open, 2pts EW @ 33/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-6) I like the South African's chances here. With scoring due to be low, we need someone that's great with the short stick and Louis is the man. Added to that a terrific iron game as well as a guy who can play well in the wind, as proved when winning the Open a couple of years back, he has a very solid EW chance indeed. World No 20 and 2 wins to his name this year too. R.Cabrera-Bello to win Scottish Open, 1.5pts EW @ 60/1 Boylesports (1/4 odds 1-6) Has had his best season ever, with a win and 3 further top 3's in just 15 starts. Solid game and is beginning to look consistent, he looks to have a great shout this week. If his irons hold up, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd tour win this season, especially with confidence at a high. Course should suit. A.Noren to win Scottish Open, 1.5pts EW @ 70/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-6) Not had the best of seasons but Noren is a player capable of ripping up a course. Is generally at his best when the wind is blowing a bit but, more so, when scoring is expected to be low. He struggles on the tougher courses but that shouldn't be an issue here. With wind potentially accounting for many of the other players, he has conditions to suit and if that short stick is on fire, he'll give us a run for our money. Back to full fitness now.
Good shout with Noren Russy. I can't help but think he squandered a massive chance, that tap in on the 18th cost him a play-off. Good bet mate

Re: The Scottish Open Cheers Aidy. He did ride his luck a bit but a little disappointed all the same. The thing is, it was the Par 5's that cost him which is unheard of nowadays. Dropped 7 shots over 4 days, all of them coming at the two Par 5's on the back 9. Cabrera-Bello & Oosty both looked to hold outside chances too but made no inroads. 17pts profit will do though :ok Looking forward to Thursday.