** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

boxing weekend 6-8 July

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 7 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Haskins, L v Hall, S (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]29[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Klitschko, W v Thompson, T (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.07[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]90[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]17[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Proksa, G v Hope, K (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.27[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Brook, K v Jones, C (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Fury, T v Maddalone, V (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.07[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Rees, G v Mathews, D (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 8 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Pavlik, K v Rosinsky, W (03:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Donaire, N v Mathebula, J (03:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]41[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: boxing weekend 6-8 July Got a few opinions this weekend but not sure Im willing to pull the trigger. Still think Pavlik is an accident waiting to happen. Hall v Haskins is pretty intriguing from a betting perspective. It could stink the place out mind. Though Haskins is skilled, Hall will be huge in comparison. Carson is no bum for Brook but certainly cant out box him imo. Good step up though and the odds dont reflect that. Hope beat an incredibly favoured Prozska(about 1/25) by outworking him last time. He had a big rep going into that and it seems as being harsh that Hope has not been recognised for his achievement and effort. Dont think he will win but 4/1 seems largish. Klitshko doesnt deserve talking about. The pair of em are big pussy basts in my opinion. Sooner they are gone the better!! Donaire has not carried his poor up the divisions and although I think he will win I think its closer than the odds suggest. Conqust against Williams is interesting and I may be back with more on that, Again not sure Im willing to pull the trigger but Conques should win.

Re: boxing weekend 6-8 July Previews for the Sheffield card: 4pts K.Brook to beat C.Jones in rounds 7-12 5/2 Ladbrokes

The popular call would probably be for Brook to win on points but given that he will want to put on a show and the fact Jones has got under his skin I can see the Sheffield star being the third man to stop the loudmouth American. With all the needle I think the fight might be edgy at the start but as it develops I think Brook can come through with a later round stoppage. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/brook-vs-jones-betting--kell-brook-can-see-off-the-american-in-the-second-half-of-the-fight 4pts G.Proksa to beat K.Hope by stoppage 6/5 Skybet

Proksa will come to fight and unless there is anything like cuts involved I think he will bring too much pressure and much more power. Hope doesn’t have the punching power to keep Proksa at bay for 12 rounds and at some point in the fight I expect the Pole to get through the defences of Hope and stop the Welshman. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hope-vs-proksa-betting--kerry-hope-s-reign-as-european-champion-set-to-be-a-short-lived-one 4pts G.Rees to beat D.Mathews by stoppage 5/4 Ladbrokes

Rees is naturally the heavier man and he contains a fair bit of power too. Mathews’ win over Crolla last time out was a really good win which should have given him an awful lot of confidence going into this fight but I expect Rees to come through and come through by stopping the gallant scouser. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/rees-vs-mathews-betting--gavin-rees-can-push-for-a-world-title-shot-by-stopping-mathews-in-sheffield

Re: boxing weekend 6-8 July And previews for the two heavyweight non events: 5pts T.Fury to beat V.Maddalone in rounds 1-6 11/10 Paddy Power

I expect Fury to have too much power for the American. He can sometimes take a round or two to get into his rhythm but when he is there he often delivers telling blows and there’s nothing to suggest Maddalone will be able to take Fury’s power at the age of 38. Maddalone has a punchers chance but no more than that and I personally don’t see him making it to the halfway mark. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/fury-vs-maddalone-betting--tyson-fury-can-get-rid-of-the-american-before-the-halfway-mark 4pts W.Klitschko to beat T.Thompson in rounds 1-6 6/4 Paddy Power

It’s a sign of how weak the heavyweight division is these days that this fight is taking place and I don’t expect this one to last long. Thompson had his share of action at times in the last fight but Klitschko is a much better fighter now I think. He has immense power and I expect him to stop the American quite early in this fight. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/klitschko-vs-thompson-betting--wladimir-can-see-off-thompson-inside-the-distance-for-the-second-time

Re: boxing weekend 6-8 July Someone is having a bit of a laugh with today's Bettingzone Market News after Saturday night's action: 1225: Tyson Fury's odds of becoming a World Heavyweight champion have been slashed by Ladbrokes. Fury is now just 4/1 to secure the belt before the 1st of January 2014 and is the same price to be the next British boxer to do so. David Haye remains the 7/4 favourite in that market while David Price is 2/1 leaving Dereck Chisora (12/1) and Audley Harrison (25/1) understandably among the outsiders. Further domestic glory looks like it may be on the cards as Kell Brook is also now just 6/4 to win any title in the same time frame. Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "Fury is quickly becoming a genuine contender and we respect him in his bid to become champion. "We were impressed with Brook also and give him an even greater chance of getting his hands on a title."

Re: boxing weekend 6-8 July I hadn't seen the previews until after the boxing but also expected a Brook late stoppage but changed my mind at Sheffield Arena. I had Rees by stoppage and then opted for Brook on points after asking Dominic Ingle how the fight would end, he said Brook on points and was spot on. I didn't bet on the Proksa fight but good stoppage and his fans were class. They were chanting all the way through the fight and then as Kerry Hope left the ring and went back towards the exit the poles were singing Kerry Hope's name and getting pictures with him. Well done with the bets Kev, I guess the Tyson Fury one came in too, missed that fight but sounds like another bum he fought? Weird fight on the undercard with olympic lad Kal Yafai fighting Delroy Spencer. At the start of the 3rd round Spencer just said he couldn't continue, jumped out of the ring and went ringside to speak to his pals. Didn't look anything wrong with him at all, probably paid off to make Yafai's record look better, really odd at the time. I had a chat with Robert McCracken and he was a top bloke. He says Froch is in the driving seat with where he goes next, Kessler wants big money so possibly won't be him. He thinks Froch V Ward over here is a completely different fight. He said Froch sulked all the way up to the fight because he wasn't pay per view and a huge draw, sulked in the fight and couldn't have boxed any worse. McCracken told him to go out and put things right against Bute and he did that in style. He said there were always question marks about Kell Brooks fitness before this fight, seemed to be well known to those within the sport and said he should learn from last night and move on. We were sat behind ringside, as it starts to go up in the tier, £60 seats but right next to where the boxers come out and go back in. Gary Lockett was there, Kyle Walker, Sean Bean, Tony Bellew, Ryan Rhodes, Darren Barker, Johnny Nelson, Adam Smith and loads of others. Shame I didn't have a camera with me, could have had some top photos. Not sure if it was on Sky but young pretender Ryan Aston was expected to go to 8-0 but got whacked by Curtis Valentine and looked awful. I'm not sure whether he can put that behind him and move on or if it will affect his confidence but I wouldn't be backing him in a hurry, one to oppose in the future for me.