Denmark v Portugal - June 13

Re: Denmark v Portugal - June 13

Hi I'm rather new in betting and I would like to ask you guys why are bet amounts listed as e.g 4 pts' date=' 0.5pts etc?[/quote'] pts show the 'weight' of the selection is, ie how confident the punter. Also as Mustafa explained, 1p would be another punters £1 so price amounts are meaningless as you would not know how much of the overall bank that is being bet.

Hi I'm rather new in betting and I would like to ask you guys why are bet amounts listed as e.g 4 pts' date=' 0.5pts etc?[/quote'] It's a good way to work out how confident you are with your bets. It forces you to ask another question after you have chosen your bets. For example, if you are planning to back Spain to beat Ireland at 1.29 and France to beat Ukraine at 2.1, you can then ask you rank those bets relative to each other. You might decide that France is a better 'value' bet, so you might want to give that 6/10 and the Spain bet 3/10, so you stake 6 out of 10 betting points on France and 3 out of 10 on Spain. (Note - this is just a hypothetical example!). Well-judged staking can make a big difference to your profit or loss over time.

.......... So, to sum it up - I favor slightly Portugal to win, but am not happy with the price, given the risk with the very unstable Portuguese defense, vulnerable to counter-attacks. On the other hand, I think that either the over or "both to score" are very likely here. At values of respectively 2.20 and 2.00, I think that these are decent deals.
Stats don't lie. I love to have my bets come through before half-time, so that I can calmly enjoy my drink. :p

Stats don't lie. I love to have my bets come through before half-time' date=' so that I can calmly enjoy my drink. :p[/quote'] Like it as well. Good pick. I think Both to Score bet has won so far in 9 out of 11 games, and still bookies price it most of the time over evens.

In the last eight meetings between these sides both teams have scored. Portugal need to win to stand any chance of qualifying so they will come out and try and attack. Denmark will be looking to play on the counter attack like they did against Holland. I think there's abit of value in BTTS at evens with Ladbrokes.
Won before half time, good start to todays bets

I think Denmark were lucky to beat Holland since the Dutch had a number of chances to score, while Denmark had only 1 which they used. Same can be said about Portugal. They were unlucky and hit the woodwork twice and in my opinion deserved at least a point. Portugal are good side with a number of quality players and I don't think that Danes have as good defense as Germans to get anything from this game. I remember during the last World Cup when Portugal drew 0-0 with Ivory Coast in their opening fixture and then destroyed North Korea 7-0. I am not saying that they will destroy Denmark as well, but I am quite sure they will win this one and with strikers up front I can see them winning by at least 2 goals. Portugal -1 AH @ 2.75 ​Bet365
At least got my money back. One of the best games at this tournament.

Right I went against Denmark in the last round and they beat Holland some how. I also think Portugal played quite well at times against Germany. Losing to Germany is nothing to be ashamed of. If Portgual want to progress in this comp they have to beat Denmark. I think Portugal have to many world class players not to win here. 10 point win with William Hill Odds 1.90 Stake 10 points.
Happy days. Even though Portugal tried not to win they leave it late to score the winner. Thats 5 winners out of 6 now. 60 points staked 14.40 points profit.

Re: Denmark v Portugal - June 13 Interesting game. Portugal was very paranoid and ronaldo missed unbelievable chances and destroyed my hc bet. I think he chocked. Portugal has some connection problems in the defense. Pepe again with the same mistake as vs. germany. Portugal sticked to the middle with their midfield 3. They left so much space on the flanks and were very unproductive. This game Nani did win it for Portugal. Their subs are fresh too. Varela is very pacey and makes lots of alarm.

People are entitled to their own opinion on here if they justify their selections, the guy's reasoning is nonsense and claimed last nights game was fixed when he lost. All against PL rules as far as I'm aware.. I can see a Portugal victory if they play like they did after they went a goal down against Germany, problem is they were poor for most of the game and carried little to no attacking threat, Germany were hardly playing superbly but they contained them with ease. If Postiga is the best striker Portugal have to offer its difficult to see where the goals are going to come from, Ronaldo is world class but he is made world class not only by his own ability but also the ability of those around him, Moutinho and Nani (on his day) are decent players but aren't going to provide a platform to Ronaldo like he has at Madrid. Everyone could see his frustration at his collegues during the game the other night and if Denmark can manage to frustrate them the way they did the Netherlands we might see more of the same sulking. Shouldn't be short sighted though, any other day and Netherlands would have knocked in two or three, I doubt if Van Persie will have had many worse games in his career. I think its dangerous to think Denmark are suddenly world beaters because they beat Netherlands, as we saw last night with Russia it can be difficult to keep up high standards when you are not a top class team, I think we will see Spain, France, Germany ease themselves into this tournament its rare that one side dominates from early games and keeps the standard up throughout. I think Denmark will approach all their games as they did the first, there is no reason for them to change. In Agger and Kjaer they have what would seem to be a solid base to build on and while they will be fortunate to enjoy as much luck as they did in the first game Portugal are not half the team the Netherlands are. Denmark are not going to score many goals but will look to play on the counter, as I said above I don't think Portugal are as good in forward areas as people seem to consider and this would look to be a solid under 2.5 shout to me. Under 2.5 Goals - 5 Points - 1.87 - Panbet
Poor pick! Overestimated the abilities of the Danish back line.

Portugal -1 (EH) @ 3.30 sportsbet Denmark were fortunate to beat the Dutch in the first game, as plenty of missed opportunities. They were exposed at the back and like the Portuguese to carry on from their very good performance against the Germans and score here. They caused the Germans problems and with a couple of very good players in Ronaldo and Nani, they have players who can beat their markers and set up or even score the goals themselves. Denmark rode their luck in the first game, but have doubts that they can enjoy the same fortune here, as with the hot conditions, it should suit the Portuguese, who can take advantage of a tiring defence in the second half
:eyes Led 2-0 and looking good but then allowed the Denmark to score twice. Should have scored a few more goals but did manage to get the winner late on, but not enough to save this pick