Favourite and Least Favourite Course....

I'm not sure that I've ever backed a winner on the Newmarket 'July' Course... I mean obviously I have but it doesn't seem to be a course I can get right at all - don't even know what it is about the course - I mean it should be pretty fair looking at it... As for favourite... Dunno - I think York is just about the fairest course and Goodwood for it's looks alone. Bored!!! All mine have run - and failed!!

Re: Favourite and Least Favourite Course.... I look for the opposite of 'fairness'............I don't want to be backing horses at a fair track I want to be backing them at an unfair track where I can decide which ones will handle it and which ones won't, particularly if i can find a favourite who I think won't........... So I prefer the tracks which are idiosyncratic...........very tight like Chester, uphill finishes like Ponty and carlisle, very undulating like Chepstow In practise I tend always to be looking for tracks with an uphill finish and I study the runners in the context of stamina - wether they will get home on the uphill finish. That's my day to day bread and butter on the turf

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.