** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australia v Wales; 1st test; 9th June 2012

I rarely tip in rugby union, although I do punt in it, but I feel this weekend's match up is worth a tip and it is not my heart ruling my head. Wales have a shocking record darn sarf of the equator against the big three but I think this weekend sees a good chance to get a rare win for a number of reasons. Firstly Wales are at, near as damn it, full strength, missing only Bennett at hooker and Jamie Roberts at centre. Roberts has been replaced with a similar "bosh merchant" in Scott Williams who has the added advantage of being used to the player outside of him from club play. The scrum is strong and our back three are world class. Possibly a bigger loss than Roberts is the fact that Gatland isn't there and Howley is the coach down there, but I am sure Gatland will have spoken to him and provided some ideas. Australia, on the other hand.... Well, despite their solid record against Wales the defeat against the Scots midweek (admittedly with a weakened team and in terrible conditions) means the Aus coach is now down to a win percentage of less than 60%. He has made several expected changes but is still weak in certain areas. The packs look well matched but behind the scrum there is little sign of line breakers save for the lad Vuna who wins his first cap. It is an area where injuries have hurt them, missing their first choice 10, 15, probably first and second choice 12 and a wing. Another intersting point is that almost half of the Oz starters are from NSW Waratahs, a team that has been absolute gash in the Super 15. Wales also look to have a better bench...the lad Beck is a real line breaker but by guile rather than bosh, so we have a plan B. Hook is playing better and Tipuric (who is getting closer to being as good as Captain Sam with every game) isn't even on the bench. Wales can be backed at 2.75 with Laddies to win outright but, for those of a more nervous disposition, the same firm are offering evens on a handicap start of 5 points.

• 2 weeks later...