** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

GAA Championship 2012

Re: GAA Championship 2012 I’ll kick things off… 2 bets for me this weekend: Truagh to beat Monaghan Harps in the Monaghan SFC 2pt bet @ 6/4 Laddys I’ve faced both of them this year, and there is nothing in it; if anything, Truagh should be favourites (won well v the Harps earlier in the SFL). Harps are short their ©, Co man Neil McAdam, and I’ve heard that another Co man, key forward Shane Smyth, is a doubt with a hammy. Truagh are flying at the mo and have got players back in the last few weeks; they’ll be nigh on full strength for this one, flying fit, very keen and have a great team spirit. Cork to beat Kerry in the MSFC 3pt bet @ 10/11 bet365 Kerry looked awful v Tipp, and whatever about tradition, confidence in an ‘agey’ squad can’t be high. Bryan Sheehan, with his 4-5 points per game, is a massive loss. Cork on the other hand have a settled team and a clean bill of health. They should win midfield, and with plenty of possesion, they could even put up a big score up on home soil. Cork need this more than Kerry imo, and will avenge the NFL loss earlier in the year aswell as the last few MSFC defeats. Kerry may well have the last laugh later in the Summer up in Croker, but Cork are bankers for me this weekend.

Re: GAA Championship 2012

I’ll kick things off… 2 bets for me this weekend: Truagh to beat Monaghan Harps in the Monaghan SFC 2pt bet @ 6/4 Laddys I’ve faced both of them this year, and there is nothing in it; if anything, Truagh should be favourites (won well v the Harps earlier in the SFL). Harps are short their ©, Co man Neil McAdam, and I’ve heard that another Co man, key forward Shane Smyth, is a doubt with a hammy. Truagh are flying at the mo and have got players back in the last few weeks; they’ll be nigh on full strength for this one, flying fit, very keen and have a great team spirit. Cork to beat Kerry in the MSFC 3pt bet @ 10/11 bet365 Kerry looked awful v Tipp, and whatever about tradition, confidence in an ‘agey’ squad can’t be high. Bryan Sheehan, with his 4-5 points per game, is a massive loss. Cork on the other hand have a settled team and a clean bill of health. They should win midfield, and with plenty of possesion, they could even put up a big score up on home soil. Cork need this more than Kerry imo, and will avenge the NFL loss earlier in the year aswell as the last few MSFC defeats. Kerry may well have the last laugh later in the Summer up in Croker, but Cork are bankers for me this weekend.
Truagh LOSS, Cork WIN; small profit... :\ Truagh raced out to a 6-1 lead, but a slack goal brought Harps right back into it. Overpowered in the 2nd half. Cork were never in bother.

Re: GAA Championship 2012 Donegal will be very tough to beat this year, they are now getting numbers forward when attacking, and also defend very doggedly. I think they will beat Tyrone, and will be tough to beat, 16/1 for the all-ireland looks a nice price.

Re: GAA Championship 2012 Picks this weekend... Leitrm -11 v Mayo 11/10 with PP 1pt Worth a small play; it's hard to resist a double figure spread in an Inter-County SFC game... Mayo are good, but coming into this very cold. Leitrim were anythng but impressive v London, but Mayo got it tight over there last year, and it's a lose/lose fixture in any case. 11pts is a hellova start, and Emlyn Mulligan can keep keep LM in touch. Monaghan v Down 2/1 with PP 3pts I just don't get this. MN have good men coming back in and the mood is good after the AM win. DN, minus M Clarke, are no great shakes. Take B Coulter and D Gordon out aswell, and, well, i really fancy MN.

Picks this weekend... Leitrm -11 v Mayo 11/10 with PP 1pt Worth a small play; it's hard to resist a double figure spread in an Inter-County SFC game... Mayo are good, but coming into this very cold. Leitrim were anythng but impressive v London, but Mayo got it tight over there last year, and it's a lose/lose fixture in any case. 11pts is a hellova start, and Emlyn Mulligan can keep keep LM in touch. Monaghan v Down 2/1 with PP 3pts I just don't get this. MN have good men coming back in and the mood is good after the AM win. DN, minus M Clarke, are no great shakes. Take B Coulter and D Gordon out aswell, and, well, i really fancy MN.
Should'a got paid on MN; you just can't lose a game at that level when you go 11-2 up... LM? Well, thankfully it was a small play... ;-) Having seen DN yesterday, and watched DL v DY, i'm going to back DL to win the USFC now @ 13/8 with Hills 3pts. They're bigger and badder than last year, and looked frightening last time out. I expect them to be beat a now mortal TE next weekend, and go on to overwhelm DN in the Final. Money for old rope methinx.

• 1 month later...

Donegal will be very tough to beat this year' date=' they are now getting numbers forward when attacking, and also defend very doggedly. I think they will beat Tyrone, and will be tough to beat, 16/1 for the all-ireland looks a nice price.[/quote'] Donegal are now into the all-ireland semi's against Cork after a great win against Kerry. Now best priced 11/4. In my opinion this is the all-ireland final, as i cannot see Mayo or Dublin beating either Cork or Donegal in the final. If Donegal play like they did against Kerry, they have every chance. 16/1 is looking good now!

• 3 weeks later...

Donegal will be very tough to beat this year' date=' they are now getting numbers forward when attacking, and also defend very doggedly. I think they will beat Tyrone, and will be tough to beat, 16/1 for the all-ireland looks a nice price.[/quote'] They beat Cork in the semi-final yesterday. Now best priced 4/6 for the All-Ireland. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Donegal will be very tough to beat this year' date=' they are now getting numbers forward when attacking, and also defend very doggedly. I think they will beat Tyrone, and will be tough to beat, 16/1 for the all-ireland looks a nice price.[/quote'] Yeee-Haaaaaaa. :cow

• 4 months later...