** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

European Tour 2012: BMW PGA Championship

Aidymac

Re: European Tour 2012: BMW PGA Championship *Nicolas Colsaerts e/w @ 50/1 Betfred (6 places)* A tad surprised to see 50/1 available for the Belgian after his gritty success at the Volvo World Matchplay last weekend. He is a much better price that Schwartzel (33/1), McDowell (40/1), Poulter (40/1), and is a far far better price than Justin Rose (22/1), of who he hammered when he beat Justin comfortably in the Volvo last weekend. Matchplay is a different ball-game of course, but i still don't think the price on offer is a fair reflection of his realistic chance here. He also has a 2nd in the Volvo China Open to his name this year, 3rd in the Sicilian Open and 7th in the Spanish Open, he is enjoying a fruitful spell, and is again worth an each-way bet at this price i feel. *Alvaro Quiros e/w @ 100/1 Betfred (6 places)* Again seems to be value here for a man who has won 6 times on the European Tour. It looked like he was coming back to form last weekend in the Volvo World Matchplay where he put up some good performances and got knocked out in the quarter-final's. He finished 18th in this event last year, 16th in 2009, so he has put up some spirited performances in this event. He is an extremely long hitter off the tee, which can only be a positive for him here, and at 100/1 he is worth an each-way bet for me, he looks good value. *Chris Wood e/w @ 150/1 Sportingbet (6 places)* It would not feel right not backing an Englishman at Wentworth, so at a huge price i have plumped for this guy who should be familiar with the surroundings at this course and may outplay his price-tag. He is a capable although unspectacular golfer who can give a very good account of himself from time to time. He was 2nd in the Sicilian Open this year, and last year he hit the woodwork twice finishing 2nd in the African Open and 2nd in the Iberdrola Open. Interestingly, he finished 6th in this tournament in 2010, and if he could put in a performance like that here again this year, 150/1 would look ridiculous.

Re: European Tour 2012: BMW PGA Championship Martin Laird 1pt e/w @ 50/1 Sportingbet Pseudo-Scotsman Laird is an infrequent visitor to these shores but he is over for the PGA this week, presumably to try and get some Ryder Cup points. Laird’s last appearance was at the Players where he played superbly for second place, it had been a pretty average season before that but that should give him the momentum to kick on. Not sure Laird has played Wentworth before but it should suit his game, he is plenty long enough off the tee to take advantage of the par 5s and has been hitting a lot of GIR this season, if he can maintain some for with the putter then he can have a good run at a decent price. Robert Karlsson 1pt e/w @ 66/1 Stan James The big Swede shot a course record 62 in the third round in 2010 after famously making an overnight dash from Monaco when he thought he’d missed the cut. He went on to finish 13th then, the two years before that he finished 32 and 3rd so he clearly knows his way around Wentworth. It’s not been a great season on the PGA Tour for him with a best placed finish of 12th but he is a class act and this could be the week where he finds some form. * Soren Kjeldsen 1pt e/w @ 55/1 Paddy Power The Dane has been in cracking form so far this year, his last 6 finishes read T5, T3, T16, T29, T20, T2 and all he needs to top that off is a win. He has course form as well having finished 3rd here in 2009 (and top ten the year before) and the Dane knows how to win having won 3 times on the tour before. One of the things I like about Kjeldsen is that he is a great competitor who never gives up and is capable of putting together some great birdie runs when the mood strikes. He also has the advantage of being able to stay at home this week as he lives just down the road in Ascot Thorbjorn Olesen 1pt e/w @ 100/1 Paddy Power I’m surprised to see Olesen available at three figures again, I thought that his value might have gone after his win in Sicily so I’m happy to take this price. This season Olesen has confirmed what many suspected last year and that is that he is class act destined for big things. He T5 last time out in Spain so his form remains good, although he missed the cut here last year that was his debut on the course and he’d only been on the tour a few months at the time.

Re: European Tour 2012: BMW PGA Championship I'm seriously with Dougal on this one. Go Denmark! Soren Kjeldsen In his past 6 tournaments this year the Dane has a 2nd, 3rd, 5th and a further 2 Top 20's. His worst finish in that time is 29th. He's also had a third placed finish on this course before and just feel that these odds are too strong for a man whose form is seriously pointing towards an upcoming win. Thorbjorn Olesen Already has a win this year and prior to that had a couple of Top 10 finishes as well. He's definitely one of the biggest rising stars on the European Tour and though there are a lot more big names than usual for this prestigious event, I can't help but feel that 3 figures is wrong for this young Dane who has just so much potential.

Re: European Tour 2012: BMW PGA Championship i like courseform round here and Anders Hanson 50/1, Robert Karlsson 66/1 and Ross Fisher 66/1 should all be on the leaderboard as they have been before and form goes out the window a bit as golfers just have to be consistent here in GIR going with Ross Fisher for 1st rd leader at 66's also