Wigan v Wolves > May 13

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13 You could put Wigan @ 1.30 here and they'd still be backable, as Wolves are just awful. If Martinez puts out a full strength side, you would have to think they are going to easily turn over Wolves and end the season on a high. Wigan's form of late has been that of a top 4 side never mind bottom 4 side. Wolves will do well not to get relegated in consecutive years if they don't get their act together.

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13 I was kind of thinking the opposite really, with a slight hint of caution. I personally wouldn't take a side like Wigan at that sort of price. You're right in saying they have had some great results recently to stave off relegation for another year, but they are safe now, and may take this game a little easier. Wolves have been dire but they showed pretty good fight to come back from 3-0 down away to Swansea. Something which goes against the notion that they are down and will therefore end up being cannon fodder. Norwegian Stale Solbakken has been announced by Wolves as their new manager for next season, so I think a lot of the Wolves players will probably be out to impress, or be looking for moves elsewhere. And I also think it's important to remember that Wigan, despite their recent upturn in form, are not the best Premier League side in history. A lot of their good work has generally been down to Roberto Martinez. For me they still don't have a decent spine to the team, and are lacking a top quality goalscorer. So 1.57 would not appeal to me.

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13 Have to agree with Jase82. I really want to back Wigan here after their recent results and I thought they looked really good midweek against Blackburn. Have they turned a new leaf or is it just their usual end of season escape? I don't want to gamble on that at 8/13. As poor as Wolves have been this season, relegated teams have a habit of exiting the Premiership by messing up everyone's bet slips. As much as I want to back Wigan I can't as I really think this could either way. I expect Wigan to triumph but a good Wolves performance wouldn't surprise me. One to avoid.

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13

You could put Wigan @ 1.30 here and they'd still be backable, as Wolves are just awful. If Martinez puts out a full strength side, you would have to think they are going to easily turn over Wolves and end the season on a high. Wigan's form of late has been that of a top 4 side never mind bottom 4 side. Wolves will do well not to get relegated in consecutive years if they don't get their act together.
I'll happily lay you Wigan at 1.30 if you want. ;) Don't think Wigan really deserve to be odds on in a Premier League game ever. Given the circumstances I could understand it but I was thinking more the 1.80 range, current price is surely too short. Wolves held a much stronger side in Everton last weekend.

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13 Under 2.5 goals - 7/5 @ Betfair: Can see this game being a bore with both sides having nothing to play for with Wigan safe and Wolves already down. 12 out of 18 of Wigan's home games this season have been under 2.5 goals and this bet would also have won in 7 out of their last 8 home games. Wolves have failed to score in 7 out of their last 11 games and 3 out of their last 4 games have been under 2.5 goals. Both teams have nothing to play for except in Wolves case pride and can see this game ending up either 1-0 or 2-0 to Wigan but the odds on Wigan are too short to back.

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13 Wigan vs Wolves Its amazing how Wigan can sit on 40 points looking at it at one stage of the season. Martinez and Wigan have done this playing their pass and move football, appreciated by the fans and keeping Wigan up. Whelan said "Wigan is a rugby town, and used to play football like rugby. Roberto reminded us of how football should be played." Though I don't have too much against the likes of West Ham and Bolton playing hoofball, it must be appreciated that it is much harder to play 'football' and get the results.You'd think this fixture was going to be key in Wigan's survival hopes, and who would have thought they are safe from relegation sitting comfortably on 40 points ahead of Aston Villa. This last game of the season for Wigan should be one for the fans to finally enjoy. After a whole season of battling relegation, Martinez looks to have put together a real first team lineup. Wigan fans should be optimistic about the future and next season. Even if Martinez leaves, he has built an excellent base for the next manager to work with, and there are lots of fringe players coming through from loan moves that have shown real success. Wolves did very well to hold Everton to a 0 - 0 draw at home, though they probably should have lost the match. Away from home, I think they can come out and attack. Wigan will also try to entertain their crowd and attack, as there are no more relegation fears. Perhaps this game can be compared to the 4 - 4 draw at the Liberty. I don't see much else separating this fixture from that, and though I waited late before making a move on this market, I feel this bet is just as strong as any of the others. Wigan have a near full squad, and Wolves have some niggles to some of their players. Not too much to affect my bet, though I know its pretty mug at low odds. Over 2.75 1.847 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 4.5 PaddyPower 4/1 2/10

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13 Under 2.5 @ 2.32 pinnacle Wigan are safe while Wolves are gone so little incentive for either side to give it their all here. Wigan have won 6 of their last 8 games so are favoured to win this and have not conceded in 4 of these games, or their last 3 home games. Wolves have not scored in 4 of their last 5 games, but they have two clean sheets in these games, which suggests that their defence still has some pride left in them. Wigan have gone under in 9 of their last 11 home games, and scored one goal or less in 9 of these 11 home games, so doubt that their will be too many goals scored here. Season record: 157-224 (-11.57)

Re: Wigan v Wolves > May 13

Wigan vs Wolves Its amazing how Wigan can sit on 40 points looking at it at one stage of the season. Martinez and Wigan have done this playing their pass and move football, appreciated by the fans and keeping Wigan up. Whelan said "Wigan is a rugby town, and used to play football like rugby. Roberto reminded us of how football should be played." Though I don't have too much against the likes of West Ham and Bolton playing hoofball, it must be appreciated that it is much harder to play 'football' and get the results.You'd think this fixture was going to be key in Wigan's survival hopes, and who would have thought they are safe from relegation sitting comfortably on 40 points ahead of Aston Villa. This last game of the season for Wigan should be one for the fans to finally enjoy. After a whole season of battling relegation, Martinez looks to have put together a real first team lineup. Wigan fans should be optimistic about the future and next season. Even if Martinez leaves, he has built an excellent base for the next manager to work with, and there are lots of fringe players coming through from loan moves that have shown real success. Wolves did very well to hold Everton to a 0 - 0 draw at home, though they probably should have lost the match. Away from home, I think they can come out and attack. Wigan will also try to entertain their crowd and attack, as there are no more relegation fears. Perhaps this game can be compared to the 4 - 4 draw at the Liberty. I don't see much else separating this fixture from that, and though I waited late before making a move on this market, I feel this bet is just as strong as any of the others. Wigan have a near full squad, and Wolves have some niggles to some of their players. Not too much to affect my bet, though I know its pretty mug at low odds. Over 2.75 1.847 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 4.5 PaddyPower 4/1 2/10
+16.47 units