Holland v Denmark - June 9

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Netherlands v Denmark (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Netherlands play good attacking football and they have scored impressive 37 goals during the qualifiers, managing 9 wins and 1 loss (when they have already won the group). They also won 6 out of these 9 games by 2 goals or more, but you can obviously disregard results against San Marino. Moreover, since the Dutch have games against Germany and Portugal it is very likely that goal difference will determine which teams go to the next round, so I believe that they will attacking football and they have enough quality players to do so. These two sides have met only 4 times in the last 12 years. Two of these games were friendlies both ending 1-1. Once they met during EURO 2000 and the Netherlands won 3-0 with the most recent win coming at the FIFA 2010 World Cup when the Dutch won 2-0. I believe that the odds on the Netherlands win are good, but based on their attacking power and recent meetings I can see them winning by at least 2 goals. Netherlands -1 @ 2.62 ​Bet365

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 I fancy the dutch in this. Against the weakest side in the group they simply must win or the pressure will really be on them. They have plenty of fantastic attacking players to choose from who are all capable of creating and scoring goals. They scored 37 goals in qualifying which was considerably more than any other side. The Danes conceded 6 goals in qualifying as group winners. I can see this being an open game with chances for both sides to score goals. Holland Over 1.5 Team Goals 1.9 Ladbrokes Holland 1.67 William Hill

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 I think the Danes are going to get found out here. Bendtner is their main threat and can obviously score goals given the opportunity, but I think posession could well be something like 75/25 in Holland's favour, limiting chances that he gets. Erikkson was the bright spark for Denmark and looked very tasty, but has apparently gone completely off the boil. If he can regain his earlier form, he is a very capable player that can cause problems. Holland just seem to have too much class though and they can't be opposed here. Holland -1 @ 2.25 188bet

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 4pts Over 2.5 goals 11/10 Stan James

Holland look a lot better going forward than they do defensively and they could cover this total on their own if it is a going day. Denmark can score goals though. They’ve shown that for a while and they’re not watertight at the back. Both sides need to push for the win with the tests that are to come and I think that will lead to goals and quite a few of them. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/holland-vs-denmark-betting--defensive-absentees-can-lead-to-a-few-goals-in-group-b-opener

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9

Netherlands play good attacking football and they have scored impressive 37 goals during the qualifiers, managing 9 wins and 1 loss (when they have already won the group). They also won 6 out of these 9 games by 2 goals or more, but you can obviously disregard results against San Marino. Moreover, since the Dutch have games against Germany and Portugal it is very likely that goal difference will determine which teams go to the next round, so I believe that they will attacking football and they have enough quality players to do so. These two sides have met only 4 times in the last 12 years. Two of these games were friendlies both ending 1-1. Once they met during EURO 2000 and the Netherlands won 3-0 with the most recent win coming at the FIFA 2010 World Cup when the Dutch won 2-0. I believe that the odds on the Netherlands win are good, but based on their attacking power and recent meetings I can see them winning by at least 2 goals. Netherlands -1 @ 2.62 ​Bet365
I saw Denmark lose 3-1 to Brazil in a friendly recently and I know Holland have been in great form. I'd say Holland SHOULD beat Denmark by 2 goals - so this bet looks pretty good I think.

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Holland @ 1.72 Bet365 Ive actually quite fancied denmark being able to cause an upset in this group. In Agger, Erikson and Bendtner they have a good spine and whilst not the best individuals, they are a well organised and hard working side. That said though, this price on Holland is just too good to pass. I expect the Dutch to have plenty of possession and with the attacking players at their disposal, I fancy them to out score the Danes. Anything lower than this price and I would stay away but 8/11 is a very appealing on the much fancied Holland.

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Yeah I agree with that Wisey Personally I don’t see much within this Danish team that makes me think that they’ll be able to make too many inroads into this competition. Whilst you have to applaud them and the manager for attempting to play decent possession football, for me they just don’t have enough quality to make their possession count. They are overly reliant on two players in Eriksen and Bendtner and at international level particularly against the quality of teams they will come up against in this group that is unlikely to be enough. Eriksen is an excellent player and one who is without a doubt destined for bigger and better things in the next few years, but coming up against Van Bommel and De Jong is likely to be a big learning curve for him today. Whilst neither of those two have much pace, together they make an intimidating and experienced partnership and I would expect them to snuff out the 20 year old Erikson. If they can then supply to Bendtner would be stifled and I can’t see either winger being able to step up to the plate, not because Holland have a great defence as they don’t, just because they lack quality. The use of Rommedahl still at the age of 33 highlights the lack of options they have in attack. As for Holland, well it’s the same talking points for this tournament as it has been for the last 2 or three. They have such an array of talent going forward and with Affelay back fit and Huntelaar in great form they have even more options this time to add to Sneider, Robben, Van Persie and co. They’ll always score goals. There is questions marks again over the defence but there was at the World Cup and they only conceded once in the group games, and with the exception of the Hungary game in qualifying they also have a pretty good record. They may get into trouble in the later stages but they shouldn’t have too many difficulties in sneaking the win here. Holland to win 1.73 at Bet365 (3.5 /10 units)

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 The Dutch here are in a very difficult group but they are more than capable of qualfying. However to do this and also put pressure on the other teams in the group they need to start well. For that reason I am happy to back them here. Holland win @ 1.75 with betvictor 10 point stake

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Van Persie Anytime Goalscorer @ 2.20 (Paddy Power:2pts) Gonna opt for a small punt on RVP to net as I do think the Dutch are a little short in the outright odds and can see them struggling a bit against the Danes, call it gut feeling. RVP is coming into the championships in great nick, has been injury free for 18 months now and has scored non-stop virtually for club and country since. He looks strong and fit to me after watching him in some warm-up games. Van Marwijk will opt for him as the lone forward today supported by the likes of Robben and Sneijder, you sense this Dutch side can create chances and I'd be shocked if our main man didnt get a couple of chances to open his tally for the tournament.

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Netherlands have outstanding attacking players, but they definitely aren't that solid in the defense line. The Danish had never failed to score in the qualification rounds. I expect an open game here that may ends in 1-1, 2-1, or 3-1. Both team to score 1.93 @5d

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Tough game or not, Netherlands MUST win this if they want to get out of this 'group of death'. The last time they've been in one, at Euro 2008, they won 3 out of 3 against the likes of world champs Italy, world vice champs France and a decent Romanian side. I have no doubts that the neds firepower will be too much for the shaky danes' defense, therefore I'll throw this one: Netherlands AH -1 @ 2,3 - Bet365

I think the Danes are going to get found out here. Bendtner is their main threat and can obviously score goals given the opportunity, but I think posession could well be something like 75/25 in Holland's favour, limiting chances that he gets. Erikkson was the bright spark for Denmark and looked very tasty, but has apparently gone completely off the boil. If he can regain his earlier form, he is a very capable player that can cause problems. Holland just seem to have too much class though and they can't be opposed here. Holland -1 @ 2.25 188bet
Holland will play with a less attacking squad

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Holland -1.5 @ 3.00 bet365 Holland will look to make a winning start against Denmark as they have a pretty tough game next up against the Germans and a comfortable win will set them up for this. They have van Persie up front who is coming off a very good EPL season, and then Sneijder is behind him, backed by Robben and Afellay. More than likely van Bommel and de Jong will screeen the back four, which is good but not solid enough to worry the other big teams in this competition. Stil, they should not have too many problems with the likes of Bendtner. Their own defence of Kjaer and Agger are good but worry about their fullbacks, as believe they will struggle with the pace and movement of the Dutch out wide. Two years ago the Dutch beat them 2-0 in the World Cup but they now have two more years of playing together and are at their peak.

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 5 pts over 2.5 goals 11/10 Paddy Power Not much more to be said about Hollands firepower. Im expecting VP, Afellay, Sneijder, and Robben to start. We all know their capablility to score. Furtehrmore I'm not entirely confident about them at the back, they've conceded a few along the way against Bulgaria, England Germany and Sweden etc and add to that the fact that Denmark can score (they've scored at least 2 in their last 6/9 matches) I'm surprised that this isn't priced more around 5/6.

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Van Persie to score anytime and Holland to win - 3.5 (William Hill) Absolutely ridiculous price on this, it's some kind of enhanced odds thing - most bookies are around the 2.5 mark. I think Holland will comfortably win, scoring 2 or 3 in the process, and surely RVP will get one of them. Also agree with the above poster, odds against on over 2.5 is a great price.

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 I think, as many others, that Germany and Holland will be the one qualifying from this group, and as I have mentioned before I think Portugal and Denmark have the same class and will battle for third place. However, that Denmark is as good as Portugal won't help them here, since Holland are even better. Holland have great goal scorers in Van Persie, Huntelaar and so on and they have got their attacking game going, winning 6-0 against Northern Ireland and 2-0 against Slovakia. Denmark are good, I need to point that out, and they might have a chance for spoling the party for Holland, and that's the reason I won't go heavy stake on Holland win. Because this might be a draw, I actually think Denmark are able to, if they get their game going. Then why this bet? Reason: I see this game going either Denmark shocking and being able to get a draw, O R, Holland will get their game going early and get an early goal and playing as the great team they are. I don't think tight 1-0 is what we expect. Therefore I'm going medium stake on high odds for Holland because it's very realistic that they win both halves. I mean, they beat Slovakia by only 2-0 but still they won both halves. Holland also know this is a must win to compete with Germany. I see value in these odds. Source: TFB, SKySport

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 I watched Denmark take on Australia last week in Copenhagen and I was not impressed at all. They could have lost that match 4-2 and the defence was split open time and time again. Agger seems like the only one giving it his all at the moment, Bendtner is a petulant individual with an inflated opinion of himself and Christian Eriksen seems like he's not focused on the job at all. Denmark are missing Sorensen in goal which will weaken them also. I spoke to a contact I have in the Danish Football Union and he tells me that they are not expecting much from this match. This match is one of the bankers in Euro 2012 so I'll be taking Holland -1 goal HC and possibly the over 2.5 goals.

Netherlands play good attacking football and they have scored impressive 37 goals during the qualifiers, managing 9 wins and 1 loss (when they have already won the group). They also won 6 out of these 9 games by 2 goals or more, but you can obviously disregard results against San Marino. Moreover, since the Dutch have games against Germany and Portugal it is very likely that goal difference will determine which teams go to the next round, so I believe that they will attacking football and they have enough quality players to do so. These two sides have met only 4 times in the last 12 years. Two of these games were friendlies both ending 1-1. Once they met during EURO 2000 and the Netherlands won 3-0 with the most recent win coming at the FIFA 2010 World Cup when the Dutch won 2-0. I believe that the odds on the Netherlands win are good, but based on their attacking power and recent meetings I can see them winning by at least 2 goals. Netherlands -1 @ 2.62 ​Bet365
This EURO is getting worse and worse for me. Wonder whether I will win anything.

I fancy the dutch in this. Against the weakest side in the group they simply must win or the pressure will really be on them. They have plenty of fantastic attacking players to choose from who are all capable of creating and scoring goals. They scored 37 goals in qualifying which was considerably more than any other side. The Danes conceded 6 goals in qualifying as group winners. I can see this being an open game with chances for both sides to score goals. Holland Over 1.5 Team Goals 1.9 Ladbrokes Holland 1.67 William Hill
Unbelivable game, the amount of chances Holland had and then wasted was ridiculous. The normally reliable Van Persie, Huntelaar missed easy chances and others aswell. Looks like most on here lost out

Holland to win 1.73 at Bet365 (3.5 /10 units) :\
Not a good display by Holland really. Surprisingly it was the attack that looked error prone and out of sync rather than the defence. I think they might be out come Wednesday night. -3.5 units for the match and yesterdays winnings undone leaving me on -0.15 units for the tournament so far.

Knowing how fast is Ari Robben playing as a wing, cant see Zimling match him, so the selection here goes: Will N. Zimling (Denmark) get a card? Yes Priced 3.20 at Expekt
He did not get it, "thanks" to this referee who want to be number one, but is awfull overall, some weird decision for a match that was.. easy. It was in the minute 20 a tackle from behind, dutch player fall at 17m, and he did not show the card. Where is Viktor Kassai?? :unsure

Re: Holland v Denmark - June 9 Yet to meet/hear from anyone who backed Denmark. Absolutely ridiculous. i didn't catch the whole game but was lucky/unlucky enough to catch the highlights. Still in disbelief that Netherlands never scored!!! I know were only 4 games in but it hasn't been great for the punters so far. Thankfully Germany did the business after some major sweating..... Phew. :lol

The Dutch here are in a very difficult group but they are more than capable of qualfying. However to do this and also put pressure on the other teams in the group they need to start well. For that reason I am happy to back them here. Holland win @ 1.75 with betvictor 10 point stake
Well that did not go according to plan. Minues 5.6 points for the tournament now.