England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20

FA Trophy final Saturday 12 May 3pm (Wembley) Newport County v York City 1 - 9/4 (BetFred) X - 23/10 (WillHill) 2 - Evs (WillHill, BetFred) BlueSQ Bet Prem play-off final Sunday 20 May 3pm (Wembley) York City v Luton Town 1 - 7/4 (Skybet) X - 12/5 (Bet365) 2 - 6/4 (WillHill) BlueSQ Bet North play-off final Sunday 13 May 3pm (Gainsborough) Gainsborough Trinity v Nuneaton Town 1 - 11/8 (BetVictor) X - 13/5 (BetVictor) 2 - 13/8 (BetVictor) BlueSQ Bet South play-off final Sunday 13 May 3pm (Dartford) Dartford v Welling United 1 - 19/20 (BetVictor) X - 5/2 (BetVictor) 2 - 5/2 (BetVictor)

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Newport Vs York Just a quick one from me as my computer is playing up. League form can count for little in a cup final but I don't think that will be the case here. York ended the season on decent form and prevailed over an in form Mansfield in the play offs. It should also be noted that Newport havent played since 28th April so I really fancy York here. They'll be looking for a confidence booster before next weekends play off final and won't be wanting extra time. York to win @ Eve (Various) 4 pts (5)

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Massive boost for York by winning today and that gives them a big edge for me ahead of next week. It sounded like they were rather nervy and didnt play well in the first half, especially the first 20 minutes. 2nd half though it was a different story and it was pretty much one way traffic. They have been there and done it at Wembley now and Luton have not.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Dartford won the play-off final in the South 1-0 to land my tip on them to win promotion. Meanwhile Nuneaton will join them in the BSP next season as they won the North final 1-0 as well.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 I will probably leave alone to be honest. I make a very tiny profit if York win and I dont see a great deal of value in the price now. I think its quite tight although as I mention above they have got the nervous 45 minutes at Wembley out of the way now and they were good in the 2nd half. Winning yesterday was a massive thing for them mentally and that gives them an edge for me. Still Luton are dangerous right now and it could go either way. I might back Jason Walker to score though as given what happend in last years final you can really see him scoring.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Presumably you mean you will back Walker because you think he will come back to haunt us because surely he only showed last year how unlikely he is to score in a final :wall:wall :lol.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Yes Kev that would be the only reason. He hasnt shown much on the pitch for a while now and did sod all on Saturday, but you can just see him scoring against Luton after the two misses last season. He has scored at Wembley before as well.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 One early spread trade for me on the Prem play-off final: a buy of Luton's penalty goal minutes at 7 with Sporting Index. This is strictly a novelty play but the downside is limited. York have been clinically effective defensively for weeks, but I think there is a touch of vulnerability in full-back areas. There will be spells when Luton are dominant and if they go at this by exploiting wide areas there will be moments when they can sow some confusion in the York rearguard. York weren't at all certain in the first half against Newport and a better side would probably have taken the lead.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Very quiet on here... Anyway, tomorrow's game is so difficult to call so I understand the silence here but: 1. Looking at team's strengths and recent record I have them as 50-50 to win. 2. Looking at H2H - York are favourites. 3. Looking at Wembley experience - York are favourites - they won here just last week. 4. Looking at progression - Luton are favourites - they were knocked out in semis two seasons ago and in the final last season. This season they surely can go one better. Considering all of the above - York are probably slightly ahead in terms of chances- literaly this 1%, maybe even 0.5%. Therefore for the sake of value I am taking: York City to win promotion @ 2.1 with Sky

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 I think you called why its quiet. If I hadnt already had a bet on York I would back them tomorrow as they are just about the value given they are the bigger price and I think they just have the edge. The problem is I am not so anti Luton as I was pre play-offs and I can easily see them winning and dont feel like throwing anymore money at the game. It should be a really decent game though with both teams going for it and hopefully York got their poor half out of the way last week, because they will be losing at half time if they havent. I might be tempted to play in running depending on how I view the game.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 First of all the best team won, however even I feel for Luton a little given the shocking decision for York's winner. When you have a massive game like this decided on an awful decison like that it slightly ruins what was a superb game of football. I have no idea how the linesman didnt spot that Blair was offside as he was stood in line with him and it wasnt even a close one. Also the free kick that lead to Yorks first wasnt a foul although York should have had a penalty before. Superb goal from Gray and he has been superb since signing for Luton. He will be a massive player for them next season. After that though York were pretty dominant and deserved the goal when it did come. After that the rest of the half was fairly even. Luton had chances as you would expect and how on earth Gray missed the ball from about 2 yards out I will never know, but I thought York were fairly comfortable and deserved over the 90 minutes despite the fact the winner should not have stood.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 Luton 1 York 2 - bet won :) Luton did their impression of Huddersfield - score an early goal and sit back which turned against them big time. That miss from two yards in the second half probably showed how nervy they were and after that I was relaxed that my bet would be a winner. Watch this space - there's still plenty of money to be made by laying Luton next season. :) York City - welcome back to League Two.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Trophy/Play-off Finals May 12-13, 20 I disagree I actually think Luton will be big players and for the first time pre-season I think they have a real chance of finally winning the league next season. Blue Square have put them in as 3/1 favs and I think that is the right price.