** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Match Result Friday 11 May 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevenage v Sheffield United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.92 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 12 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Milton Keynes Dons v Huddersfield Town (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.98 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] To qualify [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 11 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Team 1[/TH] [TH]Team 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stevenage v Sheffield United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 12 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Team 1[/TH] [TH]Team 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Milton Keynes Dons v Huddersfield Town (12:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May I'm going to back Huddersfield to qualify. It has been a mad season for Huddersfield where I think they didn't deal well with the expectation and they became they victim of their unbeaten run where they played too carefully which too often resulted with a draw. It's worth remembeing that Huddersfield were the title contenders for a long time and second place contenders but they didn't cope with Charlton's and Sheffield clubs pace and then I think they slightly lost their motivation which affected the performance and results. Securing the playoff place, however, was never the question. MK Franchise however did very well this season and, unlike Huddersfield, have been very consistent being in the playoff places all the time but never really threatening 'the big four' for automatic promotion place. Overall, I think that Huddersfield have better man for man quality and they will now focus on beating the rivals over two legs to secure the place at Wembley.

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May Ched Evans’ absence tonight is a big positive for Stevenage going into the first leg of this tie. Evans has bagged 35 of United’s 92 goals this season - any team is going to miss that kind of contribution. James Beattie was sent off in their recent game at Exeter meaning the Blades can’t even go for a like for like replacement. Whilst United still have plenty of attacking options, they will go into this game either changing from a formation that has fared so well this season or putting in a lesser goal threat - not ideal. United have failed to win in the 3 games since Evans’ jail sentence so are obviously feeling the effects of his absence. >Despite doing so well this season, the Blades’ form against teams in the top half on the road has been very average. They average only 1.27 points (W4, D2, L5) from these games compared to a seasons average of 1.96. >On the other hand, Stevenage’s home form against top half sides this season has been very good – winning 7, drawing 3 and losing only once, averaging 2.18 points per game. In fact, over the last four seasons they have only lost 10 of their 91 home league games. They’ve certainly turned Broadhall Way into a bit of a fortress and don’t get intimidated by the bigger boys. >This will no doubt will a tight affair but given Sheffield United’s problems and Stevenage’s ability to defy the odds, I like the look of the 8/5 on offer for a Stevenage win here. Only a small punt though.> Stevenage to win @ 8/5 (Boylesports) 1.5 pts

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May Some bets for tonights game: Stevenage to win - 6/4 @ Bet365 - I think there's good value here because Stevenage are very difficult to beat on their own patch where they only lost 3 games at home all season. They were also unbeaten in their last 11 home league games and i'm sure the atmosphere will be electric and i think that could also play a factor in spurring on the home side. Stevenage won 4 out of their last 5 games in the league and held Sheffield United to a 2-2 draw at Bramall Lane after taking a 2-0 lead so this shows that Stevenage can give Sheffield United a real contest over the two legs. I fancy Stevenage tonight and i feel that the home crowd could play a big part in Stevenage taking a lead to Bramall Lane. Stevenage to win 1-0 - 15/2 @ Bet365 - I can't see there being many goals tonight and i think that both sides may try and keep it tight because United will probably settle for a 0-0 draw and think that they can win the second leg at home. I think Stevenage may play quite cautious as well in the first hour or so because they know that if they go a goal behind then it will be difficult for them to get back into it with the second leg away. I fancy Stevenage to edge it with a late winner. Both sides have good defensive records with Stevenage conceding just 44 goals all season and Sheffield United conceding only 51. Under 2.5 goals - 17/20 @ Bet365 - As i said in the above reasoning, i think both sides will want to keep it tight with it being such a big game and i think both teams will hope to nick a goal late on. Good Luck all :ok

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May What goes around comes around. Exactly 26 years ago to this day, Saturday 13 May 1986, the real Wimbledon won promotion to the top flight at.......Huddersfield. An appalling game, I was there, but now it's time to thank that days hosts for repaying the compliment today. Justice 50% completed:)

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May 0-2 Huddersfield after first leg and my bet on them to qualify looks vary good. Just hope that they don't think job is done and manage to see off Franchise in the second leg without any problems. NA - shame on you for comparing the MK product to Wimbledon. ;)

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May

0-2 Huddersfield after first leg and my bet on them to qualify looks vary good. Just hope that they don't think job is done and manage to see off Franchise in the second leg without any problems. NA - shame on you for comparing the MK product to Wimbledon. ;)
Good call Maliniok :ok

Re: League 1 Playoffs>First Leg> 11-12 May Sorry NA, such a sensitive issue for me. I hope I didn't come across as arrogant. Anyway, as nobody started the return legs thread and I can't do it because I'm on my mobile I'm going to post here. Tomorrow evening sees the return leg between Sheffield United and Stevenage. Bookies have the hosts as massive favourites with odds on their qualification at 1.5 and Stevenage's 2.62. To be honest just over a month ago I was convinced that whichever Sheffield team doesn't go up automatically they will do so via playoffs such was Blades' and Owls' form. 6 weeks forward and United's best striker is in prison and since that event they have failed to win 4 games in a row. Just over two weeks ago Stevenage were leading Sheff U at Bramall Lane 2-0 but the hosts late wakeup rescued them a draw. Stevenage haven't lost to a Sheffield team this season and with all the pressure being on United I think that time will be Stevenage's friend tomorrow. The longer they can keep the clean sheet the more nervy will the hosts become. Should it go to extra time or penalties I would be really surprised to see Sheffield United being able to break Stevenage's strong and well organised defence. I am going to take Stevenage to Qualify @ 2.62 with Willy Hill.