** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 3 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cardiff City v West Ham (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 4 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Blackpool v Birmingham City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May No one here so far writing anything?Ok, I'll start. Cardiff host West Ham. Both Cardiff and West Ham finished the season with good results, both are in-form. The Welsh side lost just once in their last 13 matches. Manager Mackay can chose from a fully-fit squad (four unnamed players sutained knocks against Palace last week but they should be fit). The Hammers lost just one of their last 18 matches at home to the Royals. Manager Big Sam Allardyce can chose from a fully-fit squad as well. Both Nolan and Tomkins are fit to play. I see both teams equalising eah other out so I'll go for a draw. Cannot see a winner today. Draw @3,3 2/10 betfred GL

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May both sides gt very similar recent results except wham have been scoring more. wham have had an excellent away record all season and have scored a lot away. cardiff have failed in the play-offs last couple years and failed in a cup final this year so will have that in their minds. I think they will be extra cautious in this home leg, and take their chance in the second leg. But i think this will play into whams hands, who will be full of confidence playing away. wham dnb 1.9-1.95 pinny/asians looks great value to me.

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May I'm backing the Hammers for promotion through the play offs so it stands to reason that I'll probably fancy them here.The most impressive thing about West Ham this season has been their form on the road - winning a club record 13 and losing only 4. This record is more impressive when you consider that their record reads won 6, drawn 1, lost 2 against sides in the top 10. The defeats only coming against the already promoted Reading and Southampton.On the other hand, Cardiff's home record against the top 10 teams is not so impressive - won 3, drawn 1, losing 5. These 5 defeats making up all of their home defeats this season.It's been noted above that Cardiff come into the game on the back of only one defeat in thirteen. That stat has largely been made up of draws and away wins. At home they boast a less impressive reord of just one win in their last eight. A run that was actually started by West Ham's 2-0 victory in the Welsh capital in early March.I'm expecting this to be a tight game but given West ham's strength away from home this season, especially against the top teams, there's definitely value to be had in backing them at 17/10.Selection - West Ham to win @ 17/10 (William Hill, Ladbrokes, BlueSq, 888) 2.5 pts (5)

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May

I'm backing the Hammers for promotion through the play offs so it stands to reason that I'll probably fancy them here.The most impressive thing about West Ham this season has been their form on the road - winning a club record 13 and losing only 4. This record is more impressive when you consider that their record reads won 6' date=' drawn 1, lost 2 against sides in the top 10. The defeats only coming against the already promoted Reading and Southampton.On the other hand, Cardiff's home record against the top 10 teams is not so impressive - won 3, drawn 1, losing 5. These 5 defeats making up all of their home defeats this season.It's been noted above that Cardiff come into the game on the back of only one defeat in thirteen. That stat has largely been made up of draws and away wins. At home they boast a less impressive reord of just one win in their last eight. A run that was actually started by West Ham's 2-0 victory in the Welsh capital in early March.I'm expecting this to be a tight game but given West ham's strength away from home this season, especially against the top teams, there's definitely value to be had in backing them at 17/10.Selection - West Ham to win @ 17/10 (William Hill, Ladbrokes, BlueSq, 888) 2.5 pts (5)[/quote'] I do think West Ham is a good bet tonight, but I doubt I'd be brave enough to back them outright. Think the Draw No Bet is close to evens, which is a better option, as Cardiff could get a draw. Quite like the look of Birmingham To Qualify @ 1.71. Would have them ideally @ 1.80, but it probably was earlier in the week, so can't complain. Taken five points of 'Pool this season, and looking very strong at present, almost winning at West Ham and beating Reading. They look better equipped to make the final, imo.

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May Here is my mug preview of tonights game, I thought I might as well post it here as well! Ahhhh, a nice night in for a great play off match! Just as exciting as any Champions league match. Well, maybe not! Really looking forward to this night in just to relax and have a nice punt to hopefully make some money too. Live on sky sports, what else can sports fans hope for? I didn't follow these two teams and watch all their games and highlights this season, but having watched West Ham all of last season and some of this, I hope I can make some profit on this market. Besides, one of these four teams are going to get promoted back to the Premier league. Cardiff are up against the other 3 teams that were relegated last season, and are probably underdogs to get promotion with West Ham being the favourites. I have to admit the last full game I watched Cardiff was against Liverpool in the league cup final. They showed so much fight and it was a pity there could only be one winner to reap the joys of success. West Ham looked destined to get a automatic spot until a series of draws at home which have cost them points. They have an excellent away record, also winning this fixture in the league. This shouldn't suggest that they should have a problem getting the job done here. However, there will be a different intensity in this game and a explosive atmosphere. With it having two legs, the result isn't as important obviously, but it is crucial for both teams to build an slow lead into the second half. Cardiff will need to stay strong at the back, keep tight but gamble forwards for the win. West Ham are the definite favourites, of course over two legs and to gain promotion, however looking at the drifting Cardiff odds it screams value to me. I don't think it is going to be easy for West Ham to get a win here. As far as Im aware, both managers have a fit squad to select from, and the value is screaming from Cardiff for tonight, though I'm still expecting West Ham to get the job done in the second leg. But anything can happen in football. Cardiff +0 2.190 188Bet 3/10

No one here so far writing anything?Ok, I'll start. Cardiff host West Ham. Both Cardiff and West Ham finished the season with good results, both are in-form. The Welsh side lost just once in their last 13 matches. Manager Mackay can chose from a fully-fit squad (four unnamed players sutained knocks against Palace last week but they should be fit). The Hammers lost just one of their last 18 matches at home to the Royals. Manager Big Sam Allardyce can chose from a fully-fit squad as well. Both Nolan and Tomkins are fit to play. I see both teams equalising eah other out so I'll go for a draw. Cannot see a winner today. Draw @3,3 2/10 betfred GL
0:2 -2 the Hammers win fully deserved, I thought Cardiff would get soemthing out of this duell, at least at home

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May Ian Holloway's side are always hungry for goals and have never failed to score at home. On the other hand, Birmingham are too. I'm really hoping Blackpool are going to nick it to the Premier League again next season, but Burms are pretty solid as well. OVER 2.5 @1.926 for me is a wise bet, otherwise BOTH TEAM TO SCORE is safe one too.

Here is my mug preview of tonights game, I thought I might as well post it here as well! Ahhhh, a nice night in for a great play off match! Just as exciting as any Champions league match. Well, maybe not! Really looking forward to this night in just to relax and have a nice punt to hopefully make some money too. Live on sky sports, what else can sports fans hope for? I didn't follow these two teams and watch all their games and highlights this season, but having watched West Ham all of last season and some of this, I hope I can make some profit on this market. Besides, one of these four teams are going to get promoted back to the Premier league. Cardiff are up against the other 3 teams that were relegated last season, and are probably underdogs to get promotion with West Ham being the favourites. I have to admit the last full game I watched Cardiff was against Liverpool in the league cup final. They showed so much fight and it was a pity there could only be one winner to reap the joys of success. West Ham looked destined to get a automatic spot until a series of draws at home which have cost them points. They have an excellent away record, also winning this fixture in the league. This shouldn't suggest that they should have a problem getting the job done here. However, there will be a different intensity in this game and a explosive atmosphere. With it having two legs, the result isn't as important obviously, but it is crucial for both teams to build an slow lead into the second half. Cardiff will need to stay strong at the back, keep tight but gamble forwards for the win. West Ham are the definite favourites, of course over two legs and to gain promotion, however looking at the drifting Cardiff odds it screams value to me. I don't think it is going to be easy for West Ham to get a win here. As far as Im aware, both managers have a fit squad to select from, and the value is screaming from Cardiff for tonight, though I'm still expecting West Ham to get the job done in the second leg. But anything can happen in football. Cardiff +0 2.190 188Bet 3/10
-3 units West Ham were the better team, though I still thought there was marginal value on Cardiff. They created enough chances to score a couple for themselves, and it was bad defending for the two goals. Though the second one was a wicked deflection that gave them a mountain to climb.

I'm backing the Hammers for promotion through the play offs so it stands to reason that I'll probably fancy them here.The most impressive thing about West Ham this season has been their form on the road - winning a club record 13 and losing only 4. This record is more impressive when you consider that their record reads won 6' date=' drawn 1, lost 2 against sides in the top 10. The defeats only coming against the already promoted Reading and Southampton.On the other hand, Cardiff's home record against the top 10 teams is not so impressive - won 3, drawn 1, losing 5. These 5 defeats making up all of their home defeats this season.It's been noted above that Cardiff come into the game on the back of only one defeat in thirteen. That stat has largely been made up of draws and away wins. At home they boast a less impressive reord of just one win in their last eight. A run that was actually started by West Ham's 2-0 victory in the Welsh capital in early March.I'm expecting this to be a tight game but given West ham's strength away from home this season, especially against the top teams, there's definitely value to be had in backing them at 17/10.Selection - West Ham to win @ 17/10 (William Hill, Ladbrokes, BlueSq, 888) 2.5 pts (5)[/quote']West Ham put it an away performance that has been typical of them this season. They flooded the midfield and Cole up front was superb in holding up the ball and getting the others involved.Although West Ham dominated, Cardiff did actually get a fair few chances that they'll be disappointed that they could and should have taken.+ 4.25

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May Cardiff are 11.00 at Bet365 to qualify if anyone's interested. Bit higher than any other firm. Was looking at West Ham to qualify @ 1.10 which has a bit of value (seen it @ 1.05 at certain places) but not gonna bother. For arb punters Bwin has West Ham to qualify @ 1.11. Would of done it myself, but I don't use Bwin.

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May 6pts - Blackpool v Birmingham - BTTS @ 1.70 Williamhill I like the look of both to score here with two good attacking sides on display. The home side will be keen to score to take something into a tough second leg at Birmingham, and like West Ham last night I think Birmingham will be looking for an away goal. Blackpool have scored at conceded in 7 out of their last 10 home games. You have to go back 13 games since they failed to score at home. Birmingham have scored and conceded in each of their last 10 away games, bringing in BTTS for their last 10 away games. Looking forward to a decent game tonight in which I think BTTS looks very likely and I will go with a decent stake.

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May Blackpool looks a good bet to win, even though it's two attacking teams i expect another tight one but think blackpool will scrape it by the odd goal i'll going to stay away from both teams to score and over 2.5, although they could well come off, i expect a tight game and wouldn't be surprised if it finished 1-0 or something along those lines

Re: Championship > Play-Offs 1st Leg > 3-4 May Blackpool - Birmingham

Blackpool have scored 79 goals this season and 42 of those have been at home and they are used to their matches going over 2.5 as 30 of their 46 league matches have had more than 2 goals. At home their average goals per game rate is almost 3. Birmingham have also been great in front of goal with 78 goals scored in the league this season and 41 of these away from home and with 18 goals scored in their last 8 matches(home and away) you can see their goal scoring consistency. They have only failed to score three times away this year and they should score in this match. 15 of Birminghams 23 away games have gone over 2.5 goals whilst 13 of Blackpools home games have gone over 2.5 goals and I can see this being a high scoring match as both teams will want to gain the initiative in this 2 legged tie. OVER 2.50

6pts - Blackpool v Birmingham - BTTS @ 1.70 Williamhill I like the look of both to score here with two good attacking sides on display. The home side will be keen to score to take something into a tough second leg at Birmingham, and like West Ham last night I think Birmingham will be looking for an away goal. Blackpool have scored at conceded in 7 out of their last 10 home games. You have to go back 13 games since they failed to score at home. Birmingham have scored and conceded in each of their last 10 away games, bringing in BTTS for their last 10 away games. Looking forward to a decent game tonight in which I think BTTS looks very likely and I will go with a decent stake.
Loss - I missed the first half but was really disappointed with what I saw of Birmingham in the second. Having said that King had a great chance to get the required goal in injury time.

Ian Holloway's side are always hungry for goals and have never failed to score at home. On the other hand, Birmingham are too. I'm really hoping Blackpool are going to nick it to the Premier League again next season, but Burms are pretty solid as well. OVER 2.5 @1.926 for me is a wise bet, otherwise BOTH TEAM TO SCORE is safe one too.
Blackpool didn't disappoint and continued their in-form of goalscoring ability; however, it was Burms who weren't able to scrape anything out from 2nd half that bummed me really. :cry