Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April Sunderland win at evens (Stan James) Cracking odds imo, generally Sunderland have been very solid at home since O'Neil arrived and I can see a home win here. They haven't been in great form lately but have been quite unlucky in a lot of their matches, they had more than enough chances to grab three points against Wolves and last week they dominated Aston Villa but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Bolton haven't been playing that badly and beat Villa in the week but I wouldn't look too much into that result, Villa are terrible at the minute and on a slippery slope, they pretty much gave Bolton the win in that game. I just think overall Sunderland are too big here if you take into account their record at home since O'Neil arrived and it is just recent form that is the reason they are so big.

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April

Sunderland win at evens (Stan James) Cracking odds imo, generally Sunderland have been very solid at home since O'Neil arrived and I can see a home win here. They haven't been in great form lately but have been quite unlucky in a lot of their matches, they had more than enough chances to grab three points against Wolves and last week they dominated Aston Villa but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Bolton haven't been playing that badly and beat Villa in the week but I wouldn't look too much into that result, Villa are terrible at the minute and on a slippery slope, they pretty much gave Bolton the win in that game. I just think overall Sunderland are too big here if you take into account their record at home since O'Neil arrived and it is just recent form that is the reason they are so big.
Did you see the 2nd half? K Davies changed the game. We were brilliant and the Villas goal at the time came against the run of play. 1st half is a different story, Villa should of put at least 2 chances away. Having said that, Bolton have got a few niggling injurys to add to the already large injury list and 3 games in a week is going to be testing. Sunderland win.

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April Bolton have been really poor this season and lost 11 out of 17 away games this season. Out of the 6 away wins 5 were against teams below the 15th place, while just one away win was against Everton who are 7th in the table. Sunderland have won last 5 games and 7 in total in their last 10 games against against Bolton. Sunderland @ 2.15 (2 units) ​William Hill

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April i remember hearing that coach of sunderland would play his young players in the closing games of the season as they are fairly safe and wants to find out who he should be keeping for next season hence they have had few draws when they were expected to win. i firmly believe bolton can draw here and add another point to their survival ambition. 1-1

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April After the Villa game last week, which Sunderland deserved the three points (controversial offside) I think O'Neill will desperately want to win this one. Sunderland's 5 games against Bolton under Bruce were all comfortable wins and I think it will continue tomorrow. Bolton done well to grind out a win against Villa, but I can't see O'Neill dropping many apart from the injured players. Big players like Bendtner, Sessegnon, McClean n O'Shea will all play, therefore I believe odds of 23/20 are superb in this instance. I'd also be tempted to back the win to nil, 3 of Sunderland's last 4 games have been clean sheets. My selections: Sunderland win - 23/20 @ WH Sunderland win to nil - 13/5 @ Bet365

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April Odds on Sunderland are rising quickly and I suggest this is because the missing of a trio of imprtant player: Richardson (2 goals) and Larsson (7 goals) are out after undergoing hernia operations while Gardner (3 goals) is suspended following his dissmisal last weekend. Skipper Cattermole is doubtful due to knee problems. Bolton has some players doubtful as six players sustained knocks in midweek's match against Aston Villa. I think that Sunderland will lack of quality with those missings, O'Neill may give some young players a chance to shine while Bolton needs points and they have understand that obviously. Draw @3,6 2/10 betfred

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April Sunderland vs Bolton Sunderland had a great start under O'Neill, though in recent weeks that has since disappeared. Performances have been modest, too many bore draws. Though this can be forgiven considering that their season is bubbling down to a close, it is not like O'Neill to let his players slack. Bolton got a great win away at Aston Villa with their game in hand after this fixture was postponed. Wigan who were 5 points clear of danger are now back within just a point. And with Bolton having a game in hand and similarly easier run ins, the relegation battle has been stretched yet again. Aston Villa is right amongst the thick of things after losing to Bolton. What was amazing is that Bolton yet again managed to come from behind late on the beat a team away from home. They had players missing, with Coyle cursing his luck at injuries. I had backed Bolton earlier this season when they were in the relegation zone, liking Coyle's spirit to get his side out of the bottom 3, though proved unsuccessful. Now that I have stopped backing them as much, they seem to be picking up the wins, though they are still in the relegation zone. That can be explained by the relegation battle being stepped up. The managers at the bottom must facepalm after Wigan beat Liverpool, then beat Stoke Man Utd and Arsenal. Especially if you've just got yourself a deserved win. Funnily enough, I had a feeling that the likes of Wigan are going to win their hard games... then just lose the easy ones! That last minute goal at Craven Cottage must have hurt. A draw would have boosted confidence dramatically for them. Bolton must not think too much about what is around them. The relegation battle is still in their hands and they will see this as a fixture that can yield all 3 points. Bolton played very well against Newcastle and lost, and played poorly and rode their luck against Villa but managed to win the game. It sometimes makes you think that it is impossible to make money from betting. However, I do find the odds for Sunderland very generous at 23/20 after the drift. I sense a good performance at the Stadium of Light, and a poorer one from Bolton having played in midweek. Larsson and Richardson underwent surgery and won't be involved in this game. Gardner is suspended. Though Bolton have the same old bigger injury list extended last week. Though Coyle hasn't lost any players this week.... Sunderland 23/20 WilliamHill 10/10

Re: Sunderland v Bolton > 28 April Bolton @ 4.04 pinnacle Sunderland with some key players out, as Richardson and Larsson are out injured, Gardner is suspended while Vattermole is not a definite to play. They have little to play for as they will finish midtable while Bolton need to win to stay out of the bottom three. Sunderland have drawn 4 and lost the other of their last 5 games, and have not scored in their last 4 games, which is a worry for them, as Bolton have won 3 of their last 3 away games. Though Bolton also have their share of injuries, they are playing on emotion as no one wants to drop down a division to play. Like Bolton to edge this one Season record: 150-209 (-6.96)

Odds on Sunderland are rising quickly and I suggest this is because the missing of a trio of imprtant player: Richardson (2 goals) and Larsson (7 goals) are out after undergoing hernia operations while Gardner (3 goals) is suspended following his dissmisal last weekend. Skipper Cattermole is doubtful due to knee problems. Bolton has some players doubtful as six players sustained knocks in midweek's match against Aston Villa. I think that Sunderland will lack of quality with those missings, O'Neill may give some young players a chance to shine while Bolton needs points and they have understand that obviously. Draw @3,6 2/10 betfred
2:2

Sunderland vs Bolton Sunderland had a great start under O'Neill, though in recent weeks that has since disappeared. Performances have been modest, too many bore draws. Though this can be forgiven considering that their season is bubbling down to a close, it is not like O'Neill to let his players slack. Bolton got a great win away at Aston Villa with their game in hand after this fixture was postponed. Wigan who were 5 points clear of danger are now back within just a point. And with Bolton having a game in hand and similarly easier run ins, the relegation battle has been stretched yet again. Aston Villa is right amongst the thick of things after losing to Bolton. What was amazing is that Bolton yet again managed to come from behind late on the beat a team away from home. They had players missing, with Coyle cursing his luck at injuries. I had backed Bolton earlier this season when they were in the relegation zone, liking Coyle's spirit to get his side out of the bottom 3, though proved unsuccessful. Now that I have stopped backing them as much, they seem to be picking up the wins, though they are still in the relegation zone. That can be explained by the relegation battle being stepped up. The managers at the bottom must facepalm after Wigan beat Liverpool, then beat Stoke Man Utd and Arsenal. Especially if you've just got yourself a deserved win. Funnily enough, I had a feeling that the likes of Wigan are going to win their hard games... then just lose the easy ones! That last minute goal at Craven Cottage must have hurt. A draw would have boosted confidence dramatically for them. Bolton must not think too much about what is around them. The relegation battle is still in their hands and they will see this as a fixture that can yield all 3 points. Bolton played very well against Newcastle and lost, and played poorly and rode their luck against Villa but managed to win the game. It sometimes makes you think that it is impossible to make money from betting. However, I do find the odds for Sunderland very generous at 23/20 after the drift. I sense a good performance at the Stadium of Light, and a poorer one from Bolton having played in midweek. Larsson and Richardson underwent surgery and won't be involved in this game. Gardner is suspended. Though Bolton have the same old bigger injury list extended last week. Though Coyle hasn't lost any players this week.... Sunderland 23/20 WilliamHill 10/10
-10 units